Shipping to an address other than Paypal confirmed

Selkie

<3 tPF
Jul 27, 2009
Hi
Can I get some advise please?

Sold a blouse on Ebay, and the buyer has put a note in the paypal section to ship it to another address instead (in the same country). Is this ok to do? Do I need to protect myself somehow?

TIA
:biggrin:

i did this for a friend of mine. she doesn't have a paypal account and i bought a bag for her - i told the seller to ship it directly to her. she didn't want to because it was not confirmed but paypal told her that all i needed to do was add the other address to my paypal account and that way she would be covered.

For seller protection, you can only ship to the address shown on the PP transaction page. If the buyer wants it shipped elsewhere, she has to ADD the other address to her PP account, and then likely re-pay and specify the new shipping address.

Call PP and see how and IF you will be covered if shipping to another address besides the confirmed one. I don't think you will be covered, but you need to call them and find out.

Thank you all for all your advice, much appreciated. I have emailed the buyer (yesterday) to let her know and now waiting for a reply. I will give paypal a tinkle today.

Many thanks again :smile: