Shipping over a week after auction

skislope15

O.G.
Aug 11, 2010
Hi quick question. I bought something on the 19th seller stated 3 days shipping time, she never answered any questions which already gave me a bad feeling. Friday she finally said that she shipped the item 2 days ago and that she just didn't upload the tracking. Last night I asked one last time for the tracking and was ready to open a case if she didn't provide it. She just emailed me the tracking number 10 minutes ago and shocker it was mailed today. Seller has already lied to me once so I'm not having much confidence in what she actually sent, I figured she wasn't shipping the shoes because they sold really low.

My question is if I don't receive my item or I receive something snad do I automatically win my case because she shipped outside of the 7 day window. I swear I read somewhere that was the case.

I would think, technically, she only shipped out a day or two late. The weekend doesn't usually count. I could be wrong. So, Mon, Tues and Wed would be 3 days. I would hope EBay doesn't automatically side with a buyer on a snad in a case of a late ship. But, they might.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
You are a little ahead of yourself here with whether you item is a SNAD because the seller didn't ship out in a more timely manner.
I'd give this another week which should be ample time for your package to arrive. Is it coming cross country or a closer distance?
And since you have the tracking # you can follow it yourself to a certain degree as tracking info doesn't always update as fast as we
would like
I'd file an INR if the shoes don't arrive unless there is something actually wrong with the shoes & in that case a NAD or SNAD
Be a little more patient & know it is frustrating when a seller makes you feel like you are up in the air about getting info...

if you paid on the 19th she had 3 BUSINESS days from then, not including a w/e, so she had until the 23rd or 24th to mail it, according to what you said she listed. i don't think there is a demand on when to send though, that is just a guideline and others sellers can ship when they want. some ship once a week. she might have just forgot. as a buyer you have to remember that sellers, especially power sellers, deal with tons of customers and shipments and sometimes sellers can lose track of stuff and just plain forget.

Reactions: Love Of My Life
You are a little ahead of yourself here with whether you item is a SNAD because the seller didn't ship out in a more timely manner.
I'd give this another week which should be ample time for your package to arrive. Is it coming cross country or a closer distance?
And since you have the tracking # you can follow it yourself to a certain degree as tracking info doesn't always update as fast as we
would like
I'd file an INR if the shoes don't arrive unless there is something actually wrong with the shoes & in that case a NAD or SNAD
Be a little more patient & know it is frustrating when a seller makes you feel like you are up in the air about getting info...

I wasn't claiming my item was snad or anything of that sort. I guess I should clarify more. I won a high value item $1200+++ retail for under $200. I first figured she wouldn't ship because I of the low selling value and now I have serious doubts about what I will actually receive.

Also to add she lives 3 hours away from me driving distance, normally would be 1-2 days shipping time depending on what time of day she shipped it. I'm not usually impatient but something about this sellers complete lack of communication and then outright lie about shipping them 2 days prior has my gut worried

Your instincts may be correct but suggest you wait a few more days to see if your package arrives.
What does tracking say? Is it a valid tracking #?
Since it is traveling such a short distance I'd wait until the end of next week & if you don't receive I'd file
an INR. Purchased on the 19th shipped on the 27th it should get to you by next week.(since it is traveling such a short distance
Unfortunately, there are sellers who do this if the item doesn't sell for what they want it to
(& you can leave appropriate feedback saying the seller never shipped if that turns out to be
the case)

Last edited:
Hi quick question. I bought something on the 19th seller stated 3 days shipping time, she never answered any questions which already gave me a bad feeling. Friday she finally said that she shipped the item 2 days ago and that she just didn't upload the tracking. Last night I asked one last time for the tracking and was ready to open a case if she didn't provide it. She just emailed me the tracking number 10 minutes ago and shocker it was mailed today. Seller has already lied to me once so I'm not having much confidence in what she actually sent, I figured she wasn't shipping the shoes because they sold really low.

My question is if I don't receive my item or I receive something snad do I automatically win my case because she shipped outside of the 7 day window. I swear I read somewhere that was the case.
I don't think you'll automatically win because of the shipping time, whether it's 7 days or not but I'd also hate to see that happen because stuff can happen and I'd hate to see a good seller dinged for it. (That said, based on what you've described, I don't think she's the latter!)

Please check your PM.

Yes, although it's annoying with sellers like these (it irks me too when they haven't shipped one week after the sale, but I especially can't stand it when they completely ignore all messages), just wait a little longer for your item to arrive. It's not too late to file an INR, should you not receive the item, or a SNAD, if item is not what she claimed it to be.
As long as you've paid for the item, you can always leave feedback regarding the bad communication, slow shipping, etc., if you wish.
At least she didn't cancel the sale, because the bidding didn't go up high enough. I've had that happen a few times, it's super irritating and a complete waste of time.

Yes, although it's annoying with sellers like these (it irks me too when they haven't shipped one week after the sale, but I especially can't stand it when they completely ignore all messages), just wait a little longer for your item to arrive. It's not too late to file an INR, should you not receive the item, or a SNAD, if item is not what she claimed it to be.
As long as you've paid for the item, you can always leave feedback regarding the bad communication, slow shipping, etc., if you wish.
At least she didn't cancel the sale, because the bidding didn't go up high enough. I've had that happen a few times, it's super irritating and a complete waste of time.

I feel like I should mention the real reason for my impatience too lol. Yes she did only send them 2 days late but I'm Canadian and we are on a 48 strike notice here which has been widely publicized for months. 2 days could literally make my item unavailable for weeks if they strike. Knowing this I would have made sure to ship on time but I can't speak for everyone

I feel like I should mention the real reason for my impatience too lol. Yes she did only send them 2 days late but I'm Canadian and we are on a 48 strike notice here which has been widely publicized for months. 2 days could literally make my item unavailable for weeks if they strike. Knowing this I would have made sure to ship on time but I can't speak for everyone
I get it. Even if you weren't at risk of having a strike, you'd be anxious to get your deal.

But to be honest, I doubt that most US sellers aren't even aware of a Canadian postal strike. (I'm a seller and although I don't have a lot of Canadian buyers, I also hadn't read anything in the paper about it.)

ETA: Never mind. She's a Canadian seller! She SHOULD be aware! I was giving the benefit of the doubt.