Shipping & Insuring Bags - Wow!

^ $25? I've shipped with Fedex before also, and while it was lower than UPS, it was nowhere near $25. I need to check UPS' and Fedex's rates again.

If you sign up for a Fed Ex account, they will bill you monthly and you can just print your labels off their website through their Ship Manager. Then you just drop off the packages at your local Fed Ex/Kinkos store or whoever else accepts their packages. No waiting in line cause your packages are already pre-labeled.

You can also get additional shipping discounts through Fed Ex's partnerships with Amazon, Amex, etc. I get add'l discounts on all my shipping because I signed my account up with one of those partnerships. They announce new ones all the time as well.

If you sign up for a Fed Ex account, they will bill you monthly and you can just print your labels off their website through their Ship Manager. Then you just drop off the packages at your local Fed Ex/Kinkos store or whoever else accepts their packages. No waiting in line cause your packages are already pre-labeled.

You can also get additional shipping discounts through Fed Ex's partnerships with Amazon, Amex, etc. I get add'l discounts on all my shipping because I signed my account up with one of those partnerships. They announce new ones all the time as well.

^ Good to know. I don't ship much, but it is good to know my options.

i spoke with someone today fr. postal annex and through fed-ex overnight delivery w/ insurance would be $84 total. For regular ground it would be $81 total. I was planning to send a bag worth $3500 back to NM for an exchange, but decided to just return it at my local NM. I was planning to send it back to where my seller is located (Austin, Tx). NM offered to give me a call tag, but I'm too afraid that something might happen in transit and Ill s.o.l.

i spoke with someone today fr. postal annex and through fed-ex overnight delivery w/ insurance would be $84 total. For regular ground it would be $81 total. I was planning to send a bag worth $3500 back to NM for an exchange, ...

The "key" words here are POSTAL ANNEX. That is why you are getting such high shipping quotes. It does NOT cost $84 to ship Fed Ex Ground! Not for only $3500! You are paying the Postal Annex for the "service" to ship your package. Their rates are ridiculously high.

Well I know that if you ever need to return anything you ordered from Saks, it can be arranged that FedEx will come and pick up the return at your door. Also I learned something new yesterday from our shipping guy at the store, which I feel like a moron not knowing. If your bag is sent 5 day ground its not insured and its $15, and the 5 days isn't guaranteed (since its FedEx though its pretty good). But for an extra $5 ($20 total) your bag is insured and is guaranteed to get there within 2 days. Just food for thought!

is that bc you are saks? i want to know why fedex told me it's not "insurance" but a declared value in case of loss in transit (while with fedex)... this is me off the street going to fedex to ship... what's the scoop? and as one who uses fedex less frequently apparently the prices change all day long... because of logistics... so on a tues overnight to ca was same price as 3 day to ca on a thursday... annoying.

I was just told by my shipping person here that if its $15 ground its not insured or guaranteed to get there in 5 days, but when its 2 day for $20, its guaranteed there in 2 days, and is insured. He wasn't sure if it was for the value of the bag or what, but that's what I was told. I would assume that its insured for a certain value or the value of the bag.

I've had many go arounds with FEDEX and I've been told they don't insure higher than 500 dollars...which is inherent in their fee.

I ship jewelry often and only USPS will insure to whatever amount you desire.

I know a lot of you ship a lot....but this has been what I've been told by FEDEX, UPS, and DHL in the last 2 years.

I've had many go arounds with FEDEX and I've been told they don't insure higher than 500 dollars...which is inherent in their fee.

I ship jewelry often and only USPS will insure to whatever amount you desire.

I know a lot of you ship a lot....but this has been what I've been told by FEDEX, UPS, and DHL in the last 2 years.

they don't insure jewelry/gold over 500. my bf sold a cartier ring and it was stolen by fedex. just ended up SOL despite fedex selling us the insurance to begin with. they said the person should not have insured it for so high to begin with. :sad: