Shipping from Germany to US

unoma

I wish i was rich :)
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
I just sold my Louboutin on eBay US. It will be my first time selling on EBay US.
Never knew ebay also take fees from postage charges.
I charged buyer $50 to post to US but i have checked TNT, UPS AND FEDEX, they will charged me €140+ to post to US.
Dhl said they will charge me €56 but i will not get signature confirmation only delivery confirmation. But due to buyers claiming item not received, i want to be sure i am covered.
But what other services can i use because i might have to refund the buyers, i do not want to pay out of pocket for this.
Please any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

I don´t know about Germany but I´m in Sweden and I ship using the Swedish PO. I buy registered, insured with sig.confirmation. Usually it costs around $50, sometimes more depending on the weight.

DHL etc. is very expencive. I would only use them if I sold one of my Hermès bags.

Good luck!

It seems like you undercharged for shipping. Between the exchange rate and the cost to ship an item fully insured oversea, $50 seems too low.
3 options:
Contact the buyer and ask her for the difference
Eat the cost
Cancel the transaction

WHATEVER you decide do not go cheap on posting, it will cost you dearly.
Good luck:smile:

If you cancel the transaction, be prepared for a neg. Sellers are assumed and expected to have done research before quoting a shipping price.