Shillings pouch?

pursula

Emily
Aug 16, 2013
I thought so too! It's not new I don't think. Reminds me of the Partition clutch but smaller.

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I've never seen it before but it's cuter than a button and would make a great alternative if you wanted something a little fancier than just a plain coin pouch.

redgreenblue

Aug 4, 2013
It is very cute. I am trying to remember how the shilling looked to deserve such a piece. It must be vintage, the shilling disappeared around 2001 (for the Euro).

redgreenblue

Aug 4, 2013
After a short google search: It seems that the Austrian Shilling coins were quite heavy and large due to the need to introduce coins with larger values. This might be the rationale for this model?

There are also Yen models, I believe.

ManilaMama

Mar 5, 2016
a shilling? do those still exist today? i feel like i only hear the word shilling in pirate cartoons nowadays! LOL!

but yeah that is super cute indeed. i think what makes it even cuter is that you can say "this little purse here is to keep me shillings from falling off me person! yarr!"

Dec 16, 2014
Handbag Heaven
a shilling? do those still exist today? i feel like i only hear the word shilling in pirate cartoons nowadays! LOL!

but yeah that is super cute indeed. i think what makes it even cuter is that you can say "this little purse here is to keep me shillings from falling off me person! yarr!"
:roflmfao:I was thinking the same thing!:roflmfao:

N3ver2ManyBags

Bear Cam Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2014
Pennsylvania

:lolots: