Shillings pouch?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone ever owned this little guy? I believe it is a shillings pouch? Thoughts? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461096120.347871.jpg

2. I've never seen that. It's adorable.

3. Is it new? I've never seen it before. It's darling.

4. I thought so too! It's not new I don't think. Reminds me of the Partition clutch but smaller.

5. I've never seen it before but it's cuter than a button and would make a great alternative if you wanted something a little fancier than just a plain coin pouch.

6. It is very cute. I am trying to remember how the shilling looked to deserve such a piece. It must be vintage, the shilling disappeared around 2001 (for the Euro).

7. Ohh interesting.A vintage piece perhaps?

8. After a short google search: It seems that the Austrian Shilling coins were quite heavy and large due to the need to introduce coins with larger values. This might be the rationale for this model?

There are also Yen models, I believe.

9. a shilling? do those still exist today? i feel like i only hear the word shilling in pirate cartoons nowadays! LOL!

but yeah that is super cute indeed. i think what makes it even cuter is that you can say "this little purse here is to keep me shillings from falling off me person! yarr!"

10. So this is a new or old piece?

11. :roflmfao:I was thinking the same thing!:roflmfao:

12. :lolots:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice