Sharing my loves - Chanel, YSL, LV

Dec 2, 2015
Love looking at this forum and all the beautiful bags and SLGs you all share. I've always loved handbags, ever since I was a little girl (my earliest memory is of carrying around a wildly inappropriate red faux-snakeskin top handle bag when I was about 8 years old; it had a tiny mirror on the flap!). Reading your posts is a wonderful treat for me.

Decided to do my part and share my small (but growing) collection! Hope you enjoy it.

I'll kick it off with my family portrait and then share each bag with details.

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.42.33 PM.png

I'll start with Chanel (of course!)

First, my first designer bag - a pre-loved black caviar ghw classic flap that I magically came upon in a vintage shop in San Francisco about five years ago. I couldn't believe that I found something from Chanel that I could actually afford (and that my husband went for it!).

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.42.12 PM.png

Next, my favorite work bag - a City Shopper Tote from fall 2015. Bought it for myself as my push present after my third baby. Black caviar with rutheneum hardware. I love how the flaps on top lay over the opening; don't have to fuss with a zipper or clasp but still feel like my items are concealed. It had a CC charm hanging from the strap but I pulled it off because I work in the non-profit world and I'm self-conscious about how I'm perceived.

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.37.08 PM.png

Finally, an SLG - just purchased last week on vacation. Made a quick visit to the mall of america and found this at Nordstrom; a beautiful coin purse from the Rome 2016 collection. Light pink (? not sure of the actual color name), with ghw. My first SLG!

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.38.05 PM.png

Next, some LV.

I have always loved the look of the Speedy, especially when it is slouchy. I finally decided to take the plunge and get my own! I went back and forth between monogram and damier (love them all) and ultimately decided that the monogram is what makes my heart happiest with the speedy in particular. Love the light vachetta. I chose the 30b. My oldest daughter names my bags, and she named this one "Violet" :smile:Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.41.41 PM.png

When I bought this, I couldn't not get a cles as well, so I picked one up in damier ebene (it just looks right!)
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 6.18.49 PM.png

Finally, I have two other bags that I cherish. One is from YSL, and the other is from Coach.

Here is the Coach - it is the Swagger 27 in the light gold/chalk/black color block. I love this little bag and often reach for it on weekends when I'm running all over the place!

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.37.36 PM.png

Last but certainly not least, my YSL college bag. Black with silver hardware (kind of like rutheneum). Ohhhh I love this bag. I get compliments on it almost every time I wear it. It feels really similar to the Chanel Jumbo.
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 5.36.46 PM.png