Share your Vintage/Pre-Loved Designer wardrobe pieces here!

You look great Yoshi!
Very cool indeed...

Well my DH was wearing jellaba when I wet him.... Don’t think it is particularly unusual in some parts of the world... & becoming more common in the west too.
Cool bangles too!

Thank you!!! True, it is becoming more common!

The bangles are from a local etsy seller call Jyara, they have really cool stuff!

Hi!! Sorry for being MIA over the past month. I have not been shopping as much because I've been so busy with school/holidays/life in general. But, I did recently get a vintage JPG dress. Now I know as a guy, a dress is kinda weird, but I plan to wear it as a tunic with pants, but I thought..."Why not actually wear it as a dress?" So that is exactly what I did for this picture! The dress is stunning, amazing quality, and feels beautiful on. Gosh I just love JPG.

Hope you all are well!View attachment 5264425
I love this so much!

Speaking of vintage LBDs....
A while ago this -not designer- piece came to me. The seller´s grandmother had it made to measure at the "Hilde Wolf" atelier in Mannheim in the early 50ies.

I was able to find a postcard of the shop online.

hilde wolf mannheim.jpghilde wolf mannheim2.jpg

Fortunately the dress and jacket did not need many alterations to fit me. The original owner must have had the same hollow back and high waistline I have.

IMG_20211104_164849342.jpgIMG_20211104_165054970.jpg

Sorry, it became wrinkly when struggling it onto "Olga", my dress form who unfortunately cannot wiggle into garments.

IMG_20211104_165244115.jpgIMG_20211104_165323470.jpg

I love this so much!
A while ago this -not designer- piece came to me. The seller´s grandmother had it made to measure at the "Hilde Wolf" atelier in Mannheim in the early 50ies.

View attachment 5265132View attachment 5265133

Fortunately the dress and jacket did not need many alterations to fit me. The original owner must have had the same hollow back and high waistline I have.

View attachment 5265134View attachment 5265135

Sorry, it became wrinkly when struggling it onto "Olga", my dress form who unfortunately cannot wiggle into garments.

View attachment 5265136View attachment 5265137

Wow this is beautiful!! Very cool for sure. They just don't make anything now like how they did back in those days.

Reactions: Rephined
Wow this is beautiful!! Very cool for sure. They just don't make anything now like how they did back in those days.
Thank-you! Yes, the quality and craftmanship are amazing. And as opposed to modern clothes the old pieces usually have very decent seam allowances and are well constructed- alterations of two sizes up or down usually are no problem at all. It always makes me very happy to find a piece like this.

Reactions: Cheddar Cheese

Such an elegant and fabulous dress!

• Love
Reactions: cowgirlsboots
Thank-you! Yes, the quality and craftmanship are amazing. And as opposed to modern clothes the old pieces usually have very decent seam allowances and are well constructed- alterations of two sizes up or down usually are no problem at all. It always makes me very happy to find a piece like this.

That is amazing. I'm glad you can alter it! I wish more clothes were made like that these days...
Here´s another recent vintage find: bespoke 60ies raincoat with matching hat.
It was a true steal and fits me perfectly without any alterations.

View attachment 5265197

The material is a heavy, clear coated jacquard fabric.

View attachment 5265198View attachment 5265199View attachment 5265200

Very cool!!!

Fabulous!
Looking good in a little piece of history!

@Yoshi1296 also mentioned clothes bought from resellers. I bought one of my favorite coats, a chanel, from TRR. I wasn’t buying from boutique at that time (my SA had left and I was focused on Hermes). It’s blue boucle with silver threads. It was a large size 46, but if you have a skilled tailor (hopefully one that has cut patterns for custom Men’s suits is best) chanel garments have multiple seams that can go up or down 1-2 full sizes. I think these coats are circa 2000-2012; the chanel boucle may be later.

chanel boucle coat TRR; chanel cashmere pea coat (2009); dolce and gabbana boutique raw silk leopard trenchcoat; banana republic calf hair coat year 2001?; Jil sander leather coat TRR; an unworn steal for 200 USD; Carolina Herrera denim trench coat (bought by me at one of the Carolina Herrera sample sales at Soiffer Haskins NYC)

the last jacket, my Dior SA and I are pretty sure is MGC for Valentino (obviously before her current tenure at Dior). It’s kind of a precursor to the Bar Jacket, and fits me better. I got it NWT at TRR for about 240 USD
View attachment 5216800View attachment 5216801View attachment 5216802View attachment 5216803View attachment 5216804View attachment 5216805 View attachment 5216812

I wear vintage fur (the leopard coat is from my great aunt) or bought from reseller. The first jacket is Dennis basso, bought from TRR for under 300 USD. The second is a reversible j mendel coat (textured sueded leather on one side, fur of the other, from TRR for 400 USD. The last one is a j mendel suede and fur jacket, very lightweight, beautifully finished inside and out, for about 240 USD, TRR. Here with the dolce jeans, the etro velvet scarf and another vintage 30B, also about the same age as the black Barenia, this one is gold swift, hardware brushed and bag refurbished by @docride. i collect sunglasses, but I mainly wear morganthal frederics, and I buy from the boutique. This pair is plastic from years ago (the model now only comes in the more expensive Buffalo horn). Belt is an Hermes medor belt, slightly slimmer than the CDC, from Hermes sample sale, pre 2012.

View attachment 5216809 View attachment 5216807 View attachment 5216810View attachment 5216808 View attachment 5216822
Please post pics of your furs in the Post Your Fur Items thread. They’re gorgeous!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880