Share Your Tiffany Engagement Ring Story?

Apr 22, 2018
Merry Christmas everyone! Our typical Christmas was attending parties, opening presents, chit chatting with family and friends... obviously we can’t do it this year. Spending my Christmas Day here on tPF is fun too :smile:.

My Tiffany engagement ring is from Tiffany. The stone was small (that’s what we could afford at that time), and it no longer fits my finger. Gained some weight during pregnancy.

At the time I was happy to have the ring, but I grew out of it. I want a ring with a bigger centre stone and whether it’s Tiffany or not, it doesn’t really matter anymore. Do you still love your Tiffany engagement ring (or Tiffany ring in general) years later? Is it bad that I want to “upgrade” my engagement ring? Some people may say - it has memories attached to it, you should never get rid off your ring. I don’t want to sound like I am unappreciative :doh:.

And I found out the Tiffany store that we bought my ring has been permanently closed for some time. It just makes me a bit sad seeing the ring. It’s like we can’t go back to the exact same store anymore.

My husband and I were both young and barely out of college when he proposed. The ring he proposed with was very simple. For our 10 year anniversary we renewed our vows and he presented me with a new extraordinary ring. We decided not to go with Tiffany for my new e-ring. While a Tiffany ring (or any Tiffany jewelry really) is special, your $ will go much farther if you look elsewhere. The GIA diamond I fell in love with was excellent all around, F color, IF clarity and nearly 3 cts. There is no way we could justify the cost of those same specs in the same size from Tiffany. With the money we saved though, I’ve been able to buy and enjoy Tiffany jewelry and put towards our house renovation projects.
Do what makes both of you happy. You can always save the ring or use the diamond towards a pendant.

My husband and I were both young and barely out of college when he proposed. The ring he proposed with was very simple. For our 10 year anniversary we renewed our vows and he presented me with a new extraordinary ring. We decided not to go with Tiffany for my new e-ring. While a Tiffany ring (or any Tiffany jewelry really) is special, your $ will go much farther if you look elsewhere. The GIA diamond I fell in love with was excellent all around, F color, IF clarity and nearly 3 cts. There is no way we could justify the cost of those same specs in the same size from Tiffany. With the money we saved though, I’ve been able to buy and enjoy Tiffany jewelry and put towards our house renovation projects.
Do what makes both of you happy. You can always save the ring or use the diamond towards a pendant.

Exactly, I totally agree that you get the best value with your money by going non-Tiffany. That’s why I am thinking of selling my Tiffany engagement ring. He knows that I want to sell it. He’s okay with my decision, but he thinks I should sell it once he has bought the “upgraded” engagement ring - on our 10 years anniversary.

Where did you get your engagement ring? If you don’t mind me asking.

Exactly, I totally agree that you get the best value with your money by going non-Tiffany. That’s why I am thinking of selling my Tiffany engagement ring. He knows that I want to sell it. He’s okay with my decision, but he thinks I should sell it once he has bought the “upgraded” engagement ring - on our 10 years anniversary.

Where did you get your engagement ring? If you don’t mind me asking.

Sounds like you both have a good plan! And that’s very sweet him to want to get you an upgraded ring :smile:

We used Blue Nile and I highly recommend them when going the “build your own” route. I loved being in control over the diamond specs!

Reactions: looksjustright
We just decided we wanted to marry. So we went to a few local jewelers in search of a ring - they were beautiful, but we didnt fall in Love with them. I always liked Tiffany, so I wanted to see their rings, just to get them out of my head... surely they wouldnt be better than the other rings?

Well, most werent, but they had this ring with a pave band that sparkled and was just so beautiful. Both of us knew that this is the ring for me and so I got a Tiffany ring. The size is just 0.22 ct (I have small hands) but I Love it

Attachments

• FB7DB851-4B2B-4079-9BD2-9BBEE45524B0.jpeg
    FB7DB851-4B2B-4079-9BD2-9BBEE45524B0.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 126
Sounds like you both have a good plan! And that’s very sweet him to want to get you an upgraded ring :smile:

We used Blue Nile and I highly recommend them when going the “build your own” route. I loved being in control over the diamond specs!

To be honest, I have been browsing Blue Nile, but I don’t see any sale or coupon codes. They have sale for some wedding bands, but not the “build your own engagement ring”. Do you know if they do sale for that?

I am not interested in their wedding bands because I am keeping my Tiffany wedding band, just want to upgrade the engagement ring.

We just decided we wanted to marry. So we went to a few local jewelers in search of a ring - they were beautiful, but we didnt fall in Love with them. I always liked Tiffany, so I wanted to see their rings, just to get them out of my head... surely they wouldnt be better than the other rings?

Well, most werent, but they had this ring with a pave band that sparkled and was just so beautiful. Both of us knew that this is the ring for me and so I got a Tiffany ring. The size is just 0.22 ct (I have small hands) but I Love it

Nice ring!