Arts & Crafts Share Your Pottery & Ceramics With Us! Post Pics!

mariah9999

Lovin' LV
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
I love pottery and ceramics. It's so much fun and so relaxing! Most everything I've ever made pottery-wise lives at my parent's house. LOL! Share your pottery and ceramics creations here! Post pics too! I made this plate at a pottery place...

butterflypottery.jpg

OMG I forgot about pottery! I absolutely loveeeeee pottery pieces and want to learn to throw! I was going to take ceramics in college but never got a chance! OOO I can't wait to see more!

Mariah I love the butterflies and flowers! So cute and happy!

Ooh that's pretty! Did you free form paint that? It's impressive. I'm sure if I tried something like that it would look like something from kindergarten. :crybaby:

Actually, I used stencils or mine would definitely look like it was from kindergarten! LOL! But I used all different stencils and then put them together to make the design so I felt like it was something I did on my own, you know? It was a lot of fun.

I've been throwing since I can remember. My Aunt is a potter and taught me how when I was REALLY young. Im not saying Im good at it by any means (I can make a bowl though! lmao), but when I get the chance I will take some pictures of her work, she's amazing!

Any more potters out there? I have a huge batch of pots (about 20) that will be coming out of the kiln soon (hopefully, although I still have to glaze and refire), so I'll post pics of them as soon as they're done.... I didn't want to start a new thread with the same general goal.

really old pics (the only ones I could find on my comp)
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

^ Very pretty! That looks like the same quality and style as some of the items from sellers at the renn fest. Your bowl would easily go for over $30 there, really nice work.
hah - I really like that first set! Great colors
& OP, that's gorgeous and so bright! I love the attention to detail

^ Very pretty! That looks like the same quality and style as some of the items from sellers at the renn fest. Your bowl would easily go for over $30 there, really nice work.
hah - I really like that first set! Great colors
& OP, that's gorgeous and so bright! I love the attention to detail

Thank you! It's actually in my discount pile (unfired area in the center of the glaze), but we'll see what else comes out! I have a bisque fire to do, then a glaze, so maybe by the end of the week? I have a small sale at my school on the 28th, so the pricing ideas do help.

Any more potters out there? I have a huge batch of pots (about 20) that will be coming out of the kiln soon (hopefully, although I still have to glaze and refire), so I'll post pics of them as soon as they're done.... I didn't want to start a new thread with the same general goal.

really old pics (the only ones I could find on my comp)
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Wow, I love this!

I just recently sold off most of my pieces before the term ended, so I really only have my unfits left (hah, please don't kill me). I did two different styles: one is more rustic (turkish amber and blue rutile with one with jade), and one is more traditional (under glazes-- semi gloss/matte). The turkish amber is one of my favorites in person: it goes from a light honey to a burnt caramel all in one fire. My second favorite is the navy: it completely sold out at my sale. The only piece left was broken in transit (my sister super glued it back together)... It didn't photograph at all, but it ranges from light to dark navy all from one coat. I'm still in love with the navy. I'll try to photograph it accurately, it's just amazing in person :biggrin: I'll get pics of those later.

('Scuse the bubbles)
clay7.jpg

clay8.jpg

clay5.jpg

clay2.jpg

clay4.jpg

clay3.jpg

Last edited: