Share Your Edited Bag Closet Journey......

Well, I'm definitely failing at downsizing - I just purchased an Alexander Wang Rocco off Ebay. It's the matte black with iridescent studs...I had it in the smaller Rockie size and sold it because it wasn't quite there for me functionally, but I love the combo of the matte black and iridescent studs, so I had also kind of regretted selling it. I saw the Rocco on Ebay yesterday and hit "buy it now" almost without thinking. I'm hoping this isn't yet another mistake...I'm hoping the bigger size of the Rocco will make is more functional for me!

I also was seriously considering selling my black, quilted, Coach Parker with rivets. I have a vintage, black Chanel jumbo and the medium YSL LouLou in black with black hardware. I figured there really is no need for three black flap bags. But then I pulled them all out and put them next to each other, and instead of affirming my decision to sell, it made me want to keep the Coach Parker. They actually all look pretty different between the different size, hardware, and quilting patterns. Functionally, I think they all really serve the same purpose, but for now, the Coach Parker is staying.

I am looking at my want/plan to buy list and seeing if any of my current bags can fulfill the same desire and/or need as the bags on that list. For example, one bag I want to buy is this fringe bag, and the selling point for me is definitely the fringe. It's not even a super expensive bag, but at this point the cost is only a part of the issue - the sheer amount of bags I already have is the problem. Anyway, I'm wondering if I add fringe to one of my current bags, will that scratch the itch so that I don't feel like I want to buy the bag on my list? I'm thinking possibly adding fringe to my Coach Court. I mean, I'm a little scared to, and I have a super hard time envisioning things so I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'd actually like it if I did it, but it might be a way to fulfill that desire without buying yet another bag. (Actually, if I did it, I might buy a different color Coach Court and sell my current one, so technically I would be buying another bag, but I would at least "cancel it out" by selling my current one.)
Regarding your comments, will that scratch the itch? I speak only from my experience: around August of last year, I bought a lot of two bags that I though would scratch that itch. And they did not. I wanted them to scratch that itch. I bought two bags as recently as a month ago, lol and I am feeling bag bloated. I will see if that feeling with scratch any itch!

Regarding your comments, will that scratch the itch? I speak only from my experience: around August of last year, I bought a lot of two bags that I though would scratch that itch. And they did not. I wanted them to scratch that itch. I bought two bags as recently as a month ago, lol and I am feeling bag bloated. I will see if that feeling with scratch any itch!
I still want bags but I am also feeling bag bloated. Feeling that way helps a little. I still want new bags but it is making it a little easier to resist.

I still want bags but I am also feeling bag bloated. Feeling that way helps a little. I still want new bags but it is making it a little easier to resist.
I’ve bought I think 3 this month!
When the newest one comes it’ll become my workhorse, but my Choo wasn’t worn out, I didn’t need it, without my iPad my wishlist would be much smaller!xxx

Reactions: whateve
Just popping in to say I can’t wait for the weekend. I’ve done the clothing purge and now I’m going to actually pull all my bags out and look at the bigger picture of size, color, etc. I know I can trim down at least five.
If I got rid of 5 I wouldn’t sleep for a year..maybe I’m still collecting??

If I got rid of 5 I wouldn’t sleep for a year..maybe I’m still collecting??
Well, I don’t have really high end bags in my collection, like Hermès. And I won’t be getting rid of my nicest bags that I love like Gucci or YSL that’s for sure, but bags that I don’t love and don’t carry will need to be on their best behavior if they want to stay.

Well, I don’t have really high end bags in my collection, like Hermès. And I won’t be getting rid of my nicest bags that I love like Gucci or YSL that’s for sure, but bags that I don’t love and don’t carry will need to be on their best behavior if they want to stay.
I do have 5 bags I could get rid of..

I’ve just got a bit too immersed and humanised them!

When I get to 20 that’s my maximum number-because of my lifestyle I don’t need more than that..,I’ll gift/sell some to curate my collection into one that I love…I think..

Or use a worn bag very often to justify getting rid of it!xx

Although I do have a number of designer bags, I find myself looking more these days at bags that are streamlined and minimal in design.…and not ”designer”. The idea of having a collection that is simple and unidentifiable has great appeal to me. Once again, I feel like I’m more wrapped up in the journey than in the outcome….and that creates challenges of its own. I definitely feel bag heavy right now….

Although I do have a number of designer bags, I find myself looking more these days at bags that are streamlined and minimal in design.…and not ”designer”. The idea of having a collection that is simple and unidentifiable has great appeal to me. Once again, I feel like I’m more wrapped up in the journey than in the outcome….and that creates challenges of its own. I definitely feel bag heavy right now….

Dearest Diane,

I’m also into the journey..

I feel I have to collect all my wishlist -not all high end-before I start to prune…

I currently have 14 bags but a wishlist of 6 and feel I can’t let go until I’ve reached 20, which I know is ridiculous …a bit ocd, I’m running out of storage space but expecting 2 bags atm, plus this morning I’ve just found a hole in a sock I bought 3 pairs of only last week.

I’ll take them back but will exchange for a purse or the bag that they have which is a copy of Lady Dior and on my bag wishlist.

The bags have to be hidden from the cats, the last bag is Very high end, I just feel driven to collect them although I have bags I’d gift if if I could bring myself to.

Hopefully I’ll just come out with a purse……but I don’t know
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dearest Diane,

I’m also into the journey..

I feel I have to collect all my wishlist -not all high end-before I start to prune…

I currently have 14 bags but a wishlist of 6 and feel I can’t let go until I’ve reached 20, which I know is ridiculous …a bit ocd, I’m running out of storage space but expecting 2 bags atm, plus this morning I’ve just found a hole in a sock I bought 3 pairs of only last week.

I’ll take them back but will exchange for a purse or the bag that they have which is a copy of Lady Dior and on my bag wishlist.

The bags have to be hidden from the cats, the last bag is Very high end, I just feel driven to collect them although I have bags I’d gift if if I could bring myself to.

Hopefully I’ll just come out with a purse……but I don’t know
❤❤❤❤❤
What brand is the copy of Lady Dior? I love that style but don't want to spend that much.

Reactions: cecchetti
What brand is the copy of Lady Dior? I love that style but don't want to spend that much.
If you’re in The U.K. it’s River Island, if in the US I don’t know whether you can buy it from the website
River Island used to be Chelsea Girl, where I had a Saturday job when I was 14 which l loved to fund my hobbies lol!

It’s £44 , not leather , but looks the part but I wouldn’t guarantee it’s longevity !

It’s black patent

I’ve just tried to upload a pic but it won’t because it’s from the website but it’s a very good copy-every time I’ve logged in they’ve sold 200 24 hours!

If I get it I’ll upload it.

I have a River Island mock croc leather card holder and no quality problems-I think it was just the socks…

Reactions: whateve
Originally I wanted something from every designer, so I have one Chanel, one Dior, a couple Fendi and Prada, but I do appreciate more an under the radar bag now. I think the only bag I have bought new in a long time is a cross body all saints because of the sleek design and beautiful lambskin.

Reactions: cecchetti