Share Your Edited Bag Closet Journey......

After sleeping on it for a few nights and also reading all 48 pages of this thread, I decided to slow down my decision making. Also thought I should not just look at my luxury collection in isolation... so I put ALL my bags into categories on Pinterest by capacity, style, and function in a way that probably only makes sense to me. Does anything else organize their collection digitally?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.09.57 PM.png

For now I've decided to put my Dior Addict flap and 4 other contemporary bags on the chopping block or what folks in this thread call "closet of departing handbags". These are bags I wasn't reaching for even pre-COVID and am unlikely to pick up over other bags.

I'm keeping the Chanel Coco Handle and LV Palm Springs Mini "on watch". I feel like I haven't given them a proper chance since both were purchased during the last 6 months. So am taking @jblended's advice to take them out more often for test drives. I'm also going to try them with different straps to see if I like them more.

12 small bags still seem like too many... but the first row is pretty much the only bags I'm using during the pandemic.

After sleeping on it for a few nights and also reading all 48 pages of this thread, I decided to slow down my decision making. Also thought I should not just look at my luxury collection in isolation... so I put ALL my bags into categories on Pinterest by capacity, style, and function in a way that probably only makes sense to me. Does anything else organize their collection digitally?

View attachment 5004379

For now I've decided to put my Dior Addict flap and 4 other contemporary bags on the chopping block or what folks in this thread call "closet of departing handbags". These are bags I wasn't reaching for even pre-COVID and am unlikely to pick up over other bags.

I'm keeping the Chanel Coco Handle and LV Palm Springs Mini "on watch". I feel like I haven't given them a proper chance since both were purchased during the last 6 months. am taking @jblended's advice to take them out more often for test drives. I'm also going to try them with different straps to see if I like them more.

12 small bags still seem like too many... but the first row is pretty much the only bags I'm using during the pandemic.

Although I’ve never organized my bags digitally, I have accumulated many hours of standing in front of my bag shelves, trying to figure out how to achieve a “perfect balance”. I’m now as close as I’ve ever been. But, even narrowed down to eleven, I have duplicates of some categories, not to mention colors. My Sellier Evie and BdC are definitely versions of a practical daily shoulder bag, and also the same color. And then there are the multiple clutches: two octogones, two BdC’s, two Medor 29’s. At this point, I’m just coasting along with what remains, and waiting to see what “the new normal” will be after the pandemic.

View attachment 5004379

I'm keeping the Chanel Coco Handle and LV Palm Springs Mini "on watch". I feel like I haven't given them a proper chance since both were purchased during the last 6 months. So am taking @jblended's advice to take them out more often for test drives. I'm also going to try them with different straps to see if I like them more.

I think this is a great idea! I have lists and pictures but I haven't categorized the photos like this, although I have categorized the lists somewhat.

Reactions: Bags & Bunnies
Although I’ve never organized my bags digitally, I have accumulated many hours of standing in front of my bag shelves, trying to figure out how to achieve a “perfect balance”. I’m now as close as I’ve ever been. But, even narrowed down to eleven, I have duplicates of some categories, not to mention colors. My Sellier Evie and BdC are definitely versions of a practical daily shoulder bag, and also the same color. And then there are the multiple clutches: two octogones, two BdC’s, two Medor 29’s. At this point, I’m just coasting along with what remains, and waiting to see what “the new normal” will be after the pandemic.

I'm alway trying to achieve that "perfect balance" thinking that's what will bring me peace. But I guess the balance can change when your lifestyle or, in the case of pandemic, the world around you changes... so maybe purse peace can only ever be temporary.

I think this is a great idea! I have lists and pictures but I haven't categorized the photos like this, although I have categorized the lists somewhat.

The tricky part I found is figuring out what are the right categories. I was watching a video by Perfect Daze on Youtube and it was interesting that she organized her bags multiple ways, by function, then by size, and think last by color. It seems good to think about all three dimensions.

Reactions: whateve
I'm alway trying to achieve that "perfect balance" thinking that's what will bring me peace. But I guess the balance can change when your lifestyle or, in the case of pandemic, the world around you changes... so maybe purse peace can only ever be temporary.
Purse Peace has always been temporary for me. Looking back, I think I’ve made major bag changes about every 10-15 years, from the age of 25 on. By major, I mean changing the brand/designer that I carry. I do think that it stems greatly from my need for change. As long as I can remember, I’ve feared getting “stuck”...and I still do. I’m very visual, so changing the interiors of my house and changing my wardrobe/bags, are things that I tend to change. Clearly, I’m still stuck in the need for change. As in the past, now that I’m beginning to further edit my wardrobe, I will probably be focused on that rather than on my bags, at least for the time being.

The tricky part I found is figuring out what are the right categories. I was watching a video by Perfect Daze on Youtube and it was interesting that she organized her bags multiple ways, by function, then by size, and think last by color. It seems good to think about all three dimensions.
I have mine categorized by color. I started organizing them by size but I really only have 2 sizes - everyday bags that hold everything I need and bags that require some downsizing. I need to break it down further.

I have mine categorized by color. I started organizing them by size but I really only have 2 sizes - everyday bags that hold everything I need and bags that require some downsizing. I need to break it down further.
Ladies I admire your organizational talents. I have to confess that I put all my bags up on a closet shelf, pick one to wear every day and that is it. I guess I am just lazy but I have no desire to categorize, organize, etc. That sounds more like work than a hobby, lol.

Reactions: jbags07 and whateve
Ladies I admire your organizational talents. I have to confess that I put all my bags up on a closet shelf, pick one to wear every day and that is it. I guess I am just lazy but I have no desire to categorize, organize, etc. That sounds more like work than a hobby, lol.
For some reason, I find organizing relaxing. Even as a child, I organized things. I once went into my fathers study and arranged several shelves of books by size. (I was about 10.) It wasn‘t really appreciated as it should have been....his response was, “I know you were trying to be helpful, but don’t do it again.” He clearly didn’t understand my design “vision”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
For some reason, I find organizing relaxing. Even as a child, I organized things. I once went into my fathers study and arranged several shelves of books by size. (I was about 10.) It wasn‘t really appreciated as it should have been....his response was, “I know you were trying to be helpful, but don’t do it again.” He clearly didn’t understand my design “vision”. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like organizing too. It makes me calm to know exactly what I have and where it is.

I love organizing paper work. When I worked everyone always joked saying don't disturb the boss, she is organizing. But at home in my closet, NOT. Maybe I don't have all that many bags, but I can see them all at a glance, so really no need to sort them or organize them. But as I said I admire all of you do. I would not ever post a picture of my closet, lol.

I can absolutely relate to this! My boyfriend hates it when I move anything that's his or is a household item. He does not follow my categorization logic and has a hard time finding things. So I channel all my organizational energy into my closet... I love organizing and reorganizing every few weeks. My items dominate >80% of the closet space in our apartment while he owns >90% of the books so he is in charge of the "library" and will recommend and pull out books I want to read.

I love a tidy space while he couldn't care less. I'm a curator and he's a collector. It's still a work in progress but we've slowly learned how to make the living space comfortable for both of us.

I love organizing paper work. When I worked everyone always joked saying don't disturb the boss, she is organizing. But at home in my closet, NOT. Maybe I don't have all that many bags, but I can see them all at a glance, so really no need to sort them or organize them. But as I said I admire all of you do. I would not ever post a picture of my closet, lol.
I am a total failure with paperwork! I end up shredding like a mad woman. Even when I think I’ve put paperwork away in an organized manner, I can’t locate it later. I pay my regular expenses online but things like yearly taxes, or anything important, go to an accountant. I’m just not interested in paperwork and it shows. I know when I go to search for something that I may not find it and may have to go to the source and get copies....although that rarely happens, as I have as much as possible on autopilot. :facepalm:

I am a total failure with paperwork! I end up shredding like a mad woman. Even when I think I’ve put paperwork away in an organized manner, I can’t locate it later. I pay my regular expenses online but things like yearly taxes, or anything important, go to an accountant. I’m just not interested in paperwork and it shows. I know when I go to search for something that I may not find it and may have to go to the source and get copies....although that rarely happens, as I have as much as possible on autopilot. :facepalm:
Well I will do your paperwork if you will organize my closet and my bags, lol.

Reactions: diane278
I do my taxes and my son's. This year I'm really worried about doing my son's - he has been investing like crazy. I think there could be thousands of transactions!

I used to go to an accountant until one year I got a free copy of Turbotax. Out of curiosity I decided to do it. I found 3 mistakes my accountant had made, that cost us money. She corrected the return but didn't even apologize or reduce her fee. After that, I've done it myself. My daughter worked for H & R Block when she was in college. She does her taxes with paper forms and a pen.

I don't really enjoy it, but I like feeling I know it is correct. When the accountant did it, I had no idea where they got those numbers so there was no way to check their work. Plus I used to gather a lot of information for them that wasn't necessary but they didn't tell us that - like if you know in advance it won't be profitable to itemize, there is no reason to collect all that data. It was more work gathering the information for them than doing it myself (with a tax program that tells me what to do every step of the way.)

I do my taxes and my son's. This year I'm really worried about doing my son's - he has been investing like crazy. I think there could be thousands of transactions!

I used to go to an accountant until one year I got a free copy of Turbotax. Out of curiosity I decided to do it. I found 3 mistakes my accountant had made, that cost us money. She corrected the return but didn't even apologize or reduce her fee. After that, I've done it myself. My daughter worked for H & R Block when she was in college. She does her taxes with paper forms and a pen.

I don't really enjoy it, but I like feeling I know it is correct. When the accountant did it, I had no idea where they got those numbers so there was no way to check their work. Plus I used to gather a lot of information for them that wasn't necessary but they didn't tell us that - like if you know in advance it won't be profitable to itemize, there is no reason to collect all that data. It was more work gathering the information for them than doing it myself (with a tax program that tells me what to do every step of the way.)
I have heard others say that TurboTax is great.