Shanghai Crafted World Exhibition (2024)

runtywendo

Feb 11, 2023
Hi all! Not sure if a thread was already started on this, so mods please delete if so.

As some of you may know, Loewe is hosting their first historical collection exhibit in Shanghai. Lately, on Chinese social media, I've seen this really cute item (pic below) pop up and I'm wondering if anyone has any details on it?

So far, from my understanding it seems to be called the "toolbox" available to purchase only for VICs and might need to be purchased will all the accessories? Hope someone else will have more accurate info! Also pls share any pics if anyone was able to make a visit! Loewe is my world and I love seing others basking in it haha :love: :panic:

1000061731.jpg

@runtywendo I’m also super intrigued by the Loewe exhibition and really hope it comes to NYC so I can go!

This WWD article includes the following info: “Limited-edition leather goods, such as colorful leather toolboxes or elephant bags with a jade piercing, are available at the finale of the show, a Loewe gift shop.”

Sounds like the toolbox should be available at the gift shop!

@runtywendo I’m also super intrigued by the Loewe exhibition and really hope it comes to NYC so I can go!

This WWD article includes the following info: “Limited-edition leather goods, such as colorful leather toolboxes or elephant bags with a jade piercing, are available at the finale of the show, a Loewe gift shop.”

Sounds like the toolbox should be available at the gift shop!

Thank you for sharing! Cannot read due to paywall unfortunately, but to hear about limited edition leather goods... gosh I am so jealous right now! I also would love to see that elephant bag with the jade piercing.

Meanwhile I'll be dreaming of a Loewe tool box :blush:

Apparently it cost 19,000 RMB and again apparently the SAs are applying a 1:1 quota even for VICs who were offered to get the toolbox. I told our SA that it would be a no brainer for us to get one if they are ever offered outside the exhibition and she said she would check. I’m not holding my breath though. We did get to see the exhibition show booklet yesterday in the store and it looked really good! There are rumours the exhibition will travel and is slated to be in Japan. I may just take a flight up to Japan if that happens! Haha.

• Insightful
Reactions: runtywendo
Basically pulling an Hermes and requiring VICs to spend 19,000RMB in order to get the opportunity to buy the toolbox. In the grand scheme of things it’s not THAT bad but still it’s a slippery slope. Can’t verify that this is actually happening though, just reading off socials…

• Insightful
Basically pulling an Hermes and requiring VICs to spend 19,000RMB in order to get the opportunity to buy the toolbox. In the grand scheme of things it’s not THAT bad but still it’s a slippery slope. Can’t verify that this is actually happening though, just reading off socials…
Oh boy, agreed it's not that bad but it is a little shady if true... I'd do it for that toolbox tho lol!

• Haha
Reactions: despair
The lime ladybug had been a Japan exclusive! But then it disappeared from the website
Seems like they re-routed all leftover stock to this exhibit. I think I saw the killer whale charm, which is missing from the website now from my knowledge, but all other w023 Paula Ibiza charms are still online. (The killer whale is the one that got away ugh!)

Seems like they re-routed all leftover stock to this exhibit. I think I saw the killer whale charm, which is missing from the website now from my knowledge, but all other w023 Paula Ibiza charms are still online. (The killer whale is the one that got away ugh!)
Shibuya Parco had a bunch of the ladybug in the charm drawer when I popped by mid March. It matches the spring green wallets/cookie pouch/pebble bag that they were pushing as JP exclusives. Because the webpage had been taken down well before that and charms don’t have individual tags, they had to find some well used spiral bound handbook to be able to price the little guy. Made me think of how many other charms are actually tucked forever in drawers because they’re not advertised.

Last edited:
  • Insightful