sexually assaulted

This is horrible. Thank god you had somebody with you there. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please don't let this situation bring you down but make you stronger. I am sorry that's all I can say, I am truly shocked and speechless.

How horrific. The worst part about violence like this is how random it is.

I agree: (1) self-defense course to help empower you after this; and (2) talk to a therapist/counselor.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

oh my gosh! i hope your ok now!

its terrible people get away with things like this, the other year my friend was raped and saw the person who did it in the city one day and the security gaurds said they couldnt do anything!
its such a harsh world out there, it could happen to anybody!

be safe xxx

OMG. That must have been so scary. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It must have been terrifying.

I had a similar experience in Spain. A group of 8 men surrounded me at the beach and started groping me. I yelled for help and the lifeguard told me there was nothing he could do. I ran as fast as I could, but one of them managed to catch up and grabbed my foot, tripping me. I got back up and ran as fast as I could back to my dad who was sitting aways away. It was traumatic. It took a lot of therapy for me to get comfortable with men again. Like, two full years.

I would suggest talking to someone ASAP. This incident will stay in your mind for a long time. Thank god you weren't physically injured. I cannot express enough how sorry I am to hear this. There are a lot of great women here on TPF to give you support!

I am astonished! I am so sorry this happened to you. Definitely talk to the police and perhaps they have had similar things happening around the area? At the minimum tell them you will be working in the same area and you'd like more police presence! I'd also recommend that you talk to a therapist ... the experience was very traumatic, even though you are physically OK. You don't want it to affect you in the long run and trust me, if you don't deal with it now, you will have to at some point down the road and it's better now than later.

Again I am so sorry ...

I would have pepper spray ready and take a short self defense course. I took one and the said to carry your keys like a weapon. Use it to scrape him or poke him hard. Kick in him in the balls. Sorry this happen... The defense course will make you stronger and not feel like a victim. Best of luck!!!

OMG. That must have been so scary. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It must have been terrifying.

I had a similar experience in Spain. A group of 8 men surrounded me at the beach and started groping me. I yelled for help and the lifeguard told me there was nothing he could do. I ran as fast as I could, but one of them managed to catch up and grabbed my foot, tripping me. I got back up and ran as fast as I could back to my dad who was sitting aways away. It was traumatic. It took a lot of therapy for me to get comfortable with men again. Like, two full years.

I would suggest talking to someone ASAP. This incident will stay in your mind for a long time. Thank god you weren't physically injured. I cannot express enough how sorry I am to hear this. There are a lot of great women here on TPF to give you support!

:wtf:. so what is the "lifeguard" good for? so sorry about this story... disgusting

go to the police, soak in the tub with candles, buy a new bag, and come up with a new hobby to get your mind off of it. i would carry pepper spray from now on, have it by you even when you work.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree with the majority that you should file a police report right away. Always carry pepperspray with you. Oh my, this is so terrible. *HUGS*