Sex and the City

She really did turn into an unsympathetic self-righteous character during her short hair episodes....that was during her pregnancy, wasn't it? Her voice even changed into this squeaky tone.

She was the absolute worst when her hair was short!

Not related, but kinda - I worked with a girl a few years ago who was just a pretty awful all around person and she was trying to grow out her pixie cut to be "just like Carrie Bradshaw in season 5". I mean, who wants that?!

Reactions: Allisonfaye
I think the series is spoiled a bit for me after learning how Parker allegedly treated Kim Catrall during the filming of the series- Samantha is definitely my favourite character and I remember thinking Samantha acted out of character sometimes and that she was ridiculed. Samantha would never carry a fake bag, what idiocy. Or lie on a table dressed up in sushi waiting in vain for a guy- even a guy like Smith- who's late.

I was young when I was glued to this series, the spell is gone and replaced by a lot of cringe now I guess, I don't think I could stand watching it again. I might actually have to watch a few episodes just to see what I think of it now. Unicorn womaaaan!

Reactions: absolutpink
I think the series is spoiled a bit for me after learning how Parker allegedly treated Kim Catrall during the filming of the series- Samantha is definitely my favourite character and I remember thinking Samantha acted out of character sometimes and that she was ridiculed. Samantha would never carry a fake bag, what idiocy. Or lie on a table dressed up in sushi waiting in vain for a guy- even a guy like Smith- who's late.

I was young when I was glued to this series, the spell is gone and replaced by a lot of cringe now I guess, I don't think I could stand watching it again. I might actually have to watch a few episodes just to see what I think of it now. Unicorn womaaaan!

I don’t think many 20 year old shows, based on an even older book hold up today.
I do love some of the episodes still, toot toot, but most are just eeww.
Male writers for an all female cast?
Samantha was always my fav too but sometime it felt like they made her a charicature of herself that was just off.

When this series was good it was great. I think it does hold up today...and speaks to women going through what the characters are dealing with. But for those who have moved on, it probably reflects a time when they made bad choices.

I find many episodes really funny. I have my faves of course.
My daughters don’t share the same opinion.

I agree! The treatment of her in the second movie was just cringe-worthy. Samantha worked in PR, for God’s sake—she would be knowledgeable and respectful of the culture of Abu Dabi and would NEVER blatantly grab a man’s crotch in a public place, much less make out with him on a beach. I am sort of surprised Kim Cattrall allowed her character to be written so crudely.

I had a look through on YT this morning and I think maybe I was wrong about it being unwatchable and I may have too re-watch it, or at least part of it, at some point again. Carrie seems a bit cringe worthy though, just like I remember. That "You have to forgive me!" should be used as an example in acting school on how not to.

Here is the fabulous Kim Catrall, at 61! For me, I "knew" Catrall was right about what happened to her on SatC, when Parker sent her that message via Twitter after Catrall's brother disappeared. If you're a real friend or want to make real amends, you call or send a private message or e-mail, not a grandstanding look at me I'm so caring public message on social media.

I had a look through on YT this morning and I think maybe I was wrong about it being unwatchable and I may have too re-watch it, or at least part of it, at some point again. Carrie seems a bit cringe worthy though, just like I remember. That "You have to forgive me!" should be used as an example in acting school on how not to.

Here is the fabulous Kim Catrall, at 61! For me, I "knew" Catrall was right about what happened to her on SatC, when Parker sent her that message via Twitter after Catrall's brother disappeared. If you're a real friend or want to make real amends, you call or send a private message or e-mail, not a grandstanding look at me I'm so caring public message on social media.

She is fab!

And I think they made a big mistake having her have breast cancer. I think they were trying to give the character something to do but as a survivor, the whole thing where she was living with Smith and all horny over the neighbors having sex was unbelievable knowing what breast cancer does to one's sex drive. I didn't realize the flaw at the time until I had it myself.

I don’t think many 20 year old shows, based on an even older book hold up today.
I do love some of the episodes still, toot toot, but most are just eeww.
Male writers for an all female cast?
Samantha was always my fav too but sometime it felt like they made her a charicature of herself that was just off.

I think shows that are not plot driven hold up well in reruns. I can name a bunch of them. SATC is not one of them.

And I think they made a big mistake having her have breast cancer. I think they were trying to give the character something to do but as a survivor, the whole thing where she was living with Smith and all horny over the neighbors having sex was unbelievable knowing what breast cancer does to one's sex drive. I didn't realize the flaw at the time until I had it myself.
It's awful you had to go through that, I hope you are healed now :flowers:
I think shows that are not plot driven hold up well in reruns. I can name a bunch of them. SATC is not one of them.
I don't think I'll get tired of Seinfeld or Absolutely Fabulous anytime soon.