Seriously, how many times do you wash jeans to prevent dye transfer?

Bumping this thread. I wore an older pair of dark denim. Stained the light white leather seats in DH’s car. I felt so terrible!
I tried huggies brand baby wipes and it got every smudge of dye out! I could not believe my eyes. Had to show DH cause I was so giddy that I got the dye out. What a relief! His car is less than a year old and I was so horrified!
Now I need to figure out how to remove the dark denim from my new chestnut suede uggs... ugh. Any suggestions?
Brush them hard with a suede brush, if that doesn't help use suede cleaner.

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
Cant help you on removing the stain but I was at Joe's Jeans the other day and the SA told me that if you soak jeans with half cup of vinegar and some water it will prevent it from leaking color in future washes and from rubbing off! Havent tried it yet but thought I'd put it out there,
I’ve heard of that trick. I’ll have to try it sometime. Thx.

Brush them hard with a suede brush, if that doesn't help use suede cleaner.
thanks @QuelleFromage I will have to remind myself to pick up a suede brush and cleaner when I am at the store.

A Nordstrom sales rep just warned me not to wash my jeans (especially the dark wash ones)unless really dirty. Instead,roll them up & put in the freezer overnight.
Has anyone else heard of this?!? Apparently the brands I purchased - AG,Rag & Bone & Page now recommend this procedure instead of washing. Crazy.

A Nordstrom sales rep just warned me not to wash my jeans (especially the dark wash ones)unless really dirty. Instead,roll them up & put in the freezer overnight.
Has anyone else heard of this?!? Apparently the brands I purchased - AG,Rag & Bone & Page now recommend this procedure instead of washing. Crazy.
What?
All I know is that the really dark Paige denims I purchased from Nordstrom Rack bleed all over the place. Even when I tuck my shirts in my jeans, there's color transfer on the shirt. I've washed these jeans over and over again.