Serious shoe advice needed

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I bought a pair of Valentino bow pump shoes which I adore...but they are forest green and they have been sitting in my closet b/c I can't figure out what in the world to wear with them. Honestly, I love the style more than the color but they were on sale and I LOVE the style. Here is a pic of the shoe in red for reference:
http://www.footcandyshoes.com//istar.asp?a=6&id=6WS00246!VAL
I can see this being a shoe I wear once every six months. :sad:

I was then on a ban....until a dark red CL came my way. I have been waiting for an oxblood or rouge to find it's way to me and this one did. Problem: I love the color and the style is attractive but the Valentino's to me are like...WOW! Anyway, I can't have them both. Here is the style of the shoe (can't find it in my color) but you can see why the style doesn't excite me as much as the Valentino. Which would you keep?

No matter how much you love the style of the Valentinos there is no point in having them if you are not wearing them. Regarding the CLs, if they don't excite you then there is no point taking those home either.

If you're spending $$$ on a pair of shoes I believe you should love and cherish them. Hold out until you find your perfect pair. Could you not sell your green Valentinos and buy them in red as per the link above?

You have been hemming and hawing over the Valentino's for a while now (you have a few threads about it) and I just wonder if you really are that unsure that maybe you would be better off waiting for something you love? And it doesn't sound like either of these are it. I just know that when I have bought shoes that I am not totally sold on I have always regretted it. Just my .02:

Hold out for a WOW shoe. It is always worth it in the end.

urm OP i'd say KEEP the valentinos ..tbh i like them more than the CL that you linked :P Dont worry we ALL have shoes that we only wear once or twice a year..hell even with me i have some shoes that simply too fancy ( i have too many too fancy shoes ok lol ) and i just havent wore them yet ..even so i've had them for 1year + and NO WAY they are going just cos i havent wore them :P

and $200 for those valentinos... :faint: Dont be crazy , youll regret selling them in the end =]

Keep the Valentinos! $200 is a really great deal on them. Also, I think you can wear it with many different colors and outfits. You don't have to be matchy-matchy ;)