Sephora finally wised up!

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
usually, even if I only order one small thing, I end up getting a large box from Sephora stuffed with paper, my 3 small samples and my item. It always annoys me because so many times, it is such a waste of a box and bad for the environment!

today, I received my airbrush #55 brush from Sephora (hope I love it, I read great things on here about it!). And, instead of it being in a box, it was in a padded envelope along with the bag of my 5 samples (I took advantage of that promo). i am sooo pleased with them!

Getting larger boxes would annoy me too. Amazon does that sometimes when they can't get the right sized boxes. Then if my item ships separately because of availability, I get them in padded envelopes. Much better but thinking about it 3 padded envelopes vs. a big box....which one is better for the environment? I can reuse the big box but I have a lot (trust me) and I don't want more. I know how you feel.

Unfortunately, I ordered 4 polishes and received a box the size of a medium sized shoe box yesterday. Nordstrom's is just as bad. I ordered some stuff for the Anniversary sale, and they sent the mini Essie quad in a rather larger box. My little sister couldn't believe that was all that came in the box!

Good news! I have noticed the use of overly large packaging in the past, too -- and didn't like it. I would think that a company as smart as Sephora could wise up about packaging practices, esp. with their growing focus on green products. Let's hope they continue down this route.

I just learned the same thing!

I ordered the buxom eyeliner & lipliner/stick and also received my order in a padded envelope:smile: This is great because those boxes usually go to waste with me!

Good for them!! :smile: It's handy to have larger boxes around sometimes, but I do agree that it's a waste to send a small nailpolish in a box that you could fit winter boots in! ;)

I agree. MAC is the same way. You would think they have smaller size boxes for their smaller items so that it would fit in the mailbox. I ordered the E/S palette and it came in a box bigger then most shoe boxes. I usually just use those as "recycle bins" for my papers that way i don't waste a bag.

While I totally agree that it's a waste, Sephora needs to invest in smaller boxes to ship specific things. I ordered a Laura Gellar 3 eyeshadow palette along with the Buxom lashliner and eyeliner. They all came in an envelope - the eyeshadow palette was busted to all heck and back and the boxes were severely mangled! Gahhh!

Thank god they are doing that, because it annoyed the hell out of me that they would waste money on those big boxes, but then charge us for gift boxes and gift bags.

Oh wonderful, go Sephora. Maybe from budget cuts? haha. I know i certainly feel the same way as many of you when i order something small and find it in a huge box. Is it more expensive to use smaller boxes or something? ...lol. ITA, it's such a waste. Good thing i find myself to be a great recycler!