Senreve Maestra

Senreve have now created bags in a new leather, Dolce.View attachment 4577877
Pricing (USD) is as follows:
Maestra: Current $895, from 11/01, $995
Midi Maestra: Current $795, from 11/01, $875
Mini Maestra: Current $695, from 11/01, $775

I haven’t purchased anything from Senreve but am debating the Envelope Clutch for my laptop since I don’t take much to the office. Any feedback would be appreciated!
My envelope just shipped (forest green suede and regular leather) so I’ll post a review when I get it. I’m interviewing for jobs and plan to use it for that.

Reactions: reginaPhalange
So the envelope is really nice, although a built in credit card holder in the lining would be great. There is one outside slip pocket where you could put a skinny card folio and a key, as long as your keychain wasn't too bulky.

My envelope just shipped (forest green suede and regular leather) so I’ll post a review when I get it. I’m interviewing for jobs and plan to use it for that.
So the envelope is really nice, although a built in credit card holder in the lining would be great. There is one outside slip pocket where you could put a skinny card folio and a key, as long as your keychain wasn't too bulky.
That’s really all I’m looking for is something simple for my laptop, the extra slot on the back could be great for any papers. Hope you’re enjoying it and that it fits the bill for you - would love to see pictures because that’s one of the colours I was leaning towards!

Last edited:
That’s really all I’m looking for is something simple for my laptop, the extra slot on the back could be great for an papers. Hope you’re enjoying it and that it fits the bill for you - would love to see pictures because that’s one of the colours I was leaning towards!
Here you go. I really like the color. It's neutral without being boring.
IMG_0653.jpeg IMG_0654.jpeg

Senreve have now created bags in a new leather, Dolce.View attachment 4577877
Pricing (USD) is as follows:
Maestra: Current $895, from 11/01, $995
Midi Maestra: Current $795, from 11/01, $875
Mini Maestra: Current $695, from 11/01, $775

I haven’t purchased anything from Senreve but am debating the Envelope Clutch for my laptop since I don’t take much to the office. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Hi, I have been using the laptop sleeve for the past week since I received it. It feels like great quality and I love the pockets. I use my 12 inch work laptop and it’s a tight fit...maybe it needs to stretch a bit. There’s stil a ~1.5” gap on all sides so I’m not too worried but I am babying it. . I LOVE it so far and have gotten compliments on it.

Wondering if I should get the Mini Maestra.. I am 5ft 7”.. Does anyone have mod shots? I want to know from people who actually bought the bag in terms of everyday use and wear. I see a ton of people on Instagram using it but most seem to be partners etc. Also what are some of the best colors to get in the pebbled leather?

Reactions: Jin FashionLover
I was just in the new flagship in SF and loved the Sand color. I went back and forth on whether to get that or the denim. I felt that the black really didn't show off the bag, so unless you really need to have black, maybe pick a darker color if you didn't want to risk it!

For those of you in California, there is a tax holiday until 9/25. I got 10% off my first order and then free shipping and the tax holiday. So I ordered this lady in Midi:
View attachment 4546442
Just was wondering how you like this bag with the denim? I really love the look, but the bag I have from Senreve is a little too stiff for me. Is this one softer/lighter? Thanks for your help!

Just was wondering how you like this bag with the denim? I really love the look, but the bag I have from Senreve is a little too stiff for me. Is this one softer/lighter? Thanks for your help!
Yes, it is definitely lighter and softer. Also the dolce leather is really nice and much lighter. And softer than pebbled. I bought a Maestra in that and love it.

I got a dragon cardholder as a gift and that seemed softer since they shifted production to Italy.

I have quite a number of senreve bags. I love the designs and the colour selections, and the fact that they are discrete in terms of branding. I've also gifted a couple to my sister and on the whole, I would recommend them. But I do agree with people who raise the issue of quality. The stitching is sometimes a little bit uneven (like a tab is not sewn on straight). This is not a deal breaker for me - I did raise it with senreve and they said because the bags are handmade it can happen that they are not 100% accurate.
I recently bought a doctor bag in dark green and it has a couple of faint white marks on it. I should have given the bag a proper check when I bought because I did not realise until I started using it (they are definitely not from me - they look they might be a flaw in the protective leather finish, but I am no expert so I am not sure). I have tried to wipe them with a damp cloth but they won't go away. I have also raised this with senreve and they suggest I take it to a local cobbler to look at leather conditioning. I will keep you posted. IMG_8969.jpg IMG_8968.jpg

Reactions: Alyssa86 and giligy
I bought the crossbody clutch and the stud popped right out the same day I bought it. Called support but they were unfortunately unable to send a stud replacement. They did offer a replacement bag but I bought it at Nordstrom and it was sold out. Ended up getting a refund and I will not be rebuying. For the price, the quality simply isn’t there and the “leather” feels like plastic.

Reactions: Lady Zhuge
Has anyone else had quality issues with their Senreves? I just bought the Mini Maestra and I'm quite disappointed! The pieces attaching the strap to the bag is already cracked in multiple places. I hate to think what it'll look like once I start to use the bag, considering that I got this bag specifically to convert between backpack and crossbody. So that area would be prone to stress and frequent use.

I was wondering if this is a one off thing and if I should give another Maestra bag a shot. But with how stiff the leather is, I feel like it could happen with another Maestra. For the price point, I think my Polene and Coach bags are much higher quality. Think I'll be returning it.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 153
This is just my opinion, but this past fall they got a ~$10M VC investment. I went to an event where they and a couple of other Bay Area founders talked about their growth. The upshot was that these companies were expected to achieve hypergrowth and quality and customer service support was secondary. They didn’t say that directly of course but the sell sell sell philosophy regardless of infrastructure came out loud and clear. No one talked about investment in their workforce or quality, except maybe Birdies.

I've kept that in mind since and am giving them a little sideye with their self-congratulatory IG posts and now them selling flawed bags at not very reduced prices for their sale.