Selling New York - HGTV

If this show were a contest between the different brokerage concerns, I would place my vote on the Kliers! They seem to be the most intuitive brokers with their sellers and buyers. They know what they are doing and know what to look for and know how to present! I am so impressed with them!

Have you noticed that the mother and the daughters from the one brokerage, can't think of the name, seem to trade bags between them? One day the mother was carrying the MC Alma, next day the daughter was, etc. I wish I could get my siblings to do that, we'd have much more stock to pay with all the time. :P

Have you noticed that the mother and the daughters from the one brokerage, can't think of the name, seem to trade bags between them? One day the mother was carrying the MC Alma, next day the daughter was, etc. I wish I could get my siblings to do that, we'd have much more stock to pay with all the time. :P

I am embarrassed! :shame: Please educate me. I assume it's one of the Hermes styles? I did notice but not that frequently. That mother and daughter also resemble one another significantly and even wear the same type makeup. I guess it's a nice reflection on the mother. I do feel they earn their $$'s. They work their arses off!

I am embarrassed! :shame: Please educate me. I assume it's one of the Hermes styles? I did notice but not that frequently. That mother and daughter also resemble one another significantly and even wear the same type makeup. I guess it's a nice reflection on the mother. I do feel they earn their $$'s. They work their arses off!

Oh sorry, I should've been more clear. It's the Louis Vuitton MultiColor Alma bag. I'm sure there's a few pictured over in the LV forum if you want to take a peek. I love this bag so much!

I think you mean the Kleiers. Michelle is the mom and I can't recall the 2 daughters' names. One is brunette like mom and the other looks like her sister but is blonde. They are on the job 24/7. I've never had that kind of energy, but they are great at their jobs.

They are more interesting to me than the other brokers, Core and the new 3rd one, but it's fun to see some of these incredible city dwellings and even the places in the Hamptons or s. Florida.

Did you see the episode where the brunette daughter (Kleiers) was showing a friend of hers properties? Her friend ended up in the suburbs in a beautiful home. They really seem to get to know their clients' needs and what fits them which helps them to be more successful. In the Wolberg firm, there's that brunette broker with the ironed straight hair and large dark framed glasses, who lives in Tribeca, NYC, and wants everyone to live there. She was so insistent in fact, that she finally persuaded her client to buy and the titles in the end read he flipped the apartment over a week after buying it! Even I knew he wasn't interested but he didn't know how to change brokers!

Aside from the fashionable clothes, oppulent homes, jewelry, handbags and everything, I love the watching the wheeling and dealing that goes on! My mother loves watching it too but she compares these brokers to whores! :amazed:

I love watching this show - but have you noticed that there are few buyers?

What would be the incentive for truly wealthy people to buy expensive properties on TV? What genuine buyer would consent to appear on this show, without an ulterior motive?

There have been actors who are "looking" for apartments, but no one purchases. Not on film, anyway.

I kind of like Maggie Kent... she's the consummate professional.

^We see few deals actually made. Maybe after time, people buy. It's a real estate world that is so far from anything I've experienced in the midwest or here in NC, that I can't relate.

We had a realtor in IL who was like the Kleiers--just a total professional who would go to the mat for her clients and she did for us. She helped us with 4 transactions and was known for her repeat customers to the point where she could afford to turn people away. That's how I see Michelle and her daughters--they understand their clients.

I agree with what you are saying but the show lends to the narcistic buyer. This past week with the husband/wife sellers, they are famous dermatologists in NYC if I'm not mistaken. I told my husband I could see living in a duplex apartment, lots of marble, floor to ceiling windows overlooking Central Park West and he said, "nah, I'd take the windows overlooking the ocean any day!" (My mother lives on the beach.) My response was: "Honey, if I could afford that duplex apartment, I would have both!" :graucho:

Just because someone says they like the place, it doesn't always sell. I read a blog about it. Very few final sales.

For instance - remember the girl who rented in Chelsea and her mother wanted her in her own condo with with a doorman?

She gave the realtors Guerlain gift bags, but since she works there, it wasn't much of a nice thing, just product placement.

Anyway, her rental was fabulous and I thought she would refuse to move but she quickly teamed up with the Kleiers after seeing the 5th Avenue condo. The mother agreed to buy it for her.

She never bought it - just so you know. lol

Tonight's episode was wonderful! It's like watching a fairytale. Loved the handbags, dresses and watching the girls walk thru NYC in high heels. It's like fantasy!

My only question is, if they are going to make this show one hour, why have the second half be a repeat from the prior week?