Seller trying to get money from shipping insurance on SNAD item not damaged in ship?

tokki_x

Aug 20, 2012
I'm sick over this seller. The name is esposadelarry, I looked at the feedback and there are a few neg/neutrals over the condition of the items, but I didn't think it would affect me given this seller sells quite a bit. I was wrong.

I won and purchased a pair of valentino clear stud shoes, which was described to be in excellent condition with 2 studs missing, 1 from each shoe.

when received, the shoes were in bad condition with 10 studs missing and at least 50 cracked. I contacted seller within 5 minutes of examination to question the condtition of the shoes, seller never raised even one question, apologized immediately saying he/she must have "overlooked" and agreed to return for a refund right away.

I sent the shoes back, never even tried on, the seller received them and start saying the shoes were not this damaged when shipped, blah blah. The seller also sent a cancellation request before processing the refund. After exchanging a few angry messages seller finally refunded. I was just going to leave it and not even leave a feedback.

Now half a day later, I receive a message from the seller asking me to confirm a shipping insurance claim??? The shoes arrived to me in BAD condition, but there was no sign of tampering with the box and there are no loose studs in the box/dust bag anywhere. I am certain it was already in bad shape before shipment. I own the exact same shoe in a different color, which was also shipped to me, shipping did not even crack any studs let along make any fall off. The seller is basically trying to make me lie so he/she can get some money from shipping insurance.

How should I reply? It appears that the seller listed pictures that was taken when the item was in a much better condition, and tried to sell it at a price for that condition while it is in fact not. Now that I returned them, the seller is looking to get money from insurance instead. I don't feel comfortable going through with this at all, ugh...

p.s shoes sold for $600, I paid for return shipping+sc, did not ask seller to reimburse.

Did she purchase insurance on the package?

This is what I'd suggest. I would tell the seller that you'll "cooperate" with filing a claim but you will fill out the claim form honestly. You will tell USPS that the package arrived intact with no damage, thus this was not damage that was done by mishandling by postal employees. I would also leave appropriate feedback for the seller.

- Item returned, poor condition not disclosed, seller filed fraudulent ins. claim 4 existing damage

Did she purchase insurance on the package?

This is what I'd suggest. I would tell the seller that you'll "cooperate" with filing a claim but you will fill out the claim form honestly. You will tell USPS that the package arrived intact with no damage, thus this was not damage that was done by mishandling by postal employees. I would also leave appropriate feedback for the seller.

- Item returned, poor condition not disclosed, seller filed fraudulent ins. claim 4 existing damage
Oh, I didn't think of cooperating in that fashion :smile: thanks BB, it is very appropriate.
Hopefully this seller isn't using this as a common method for more money. So much time wasted and I have been looking for these shoes for months T-T
I wouldn't be surprised if the seller then files something with ebay saying I damaged the item, he/she keep referring to how it is different from the listing pictures.
p.s. I don't know how to see if he/she purchased insurance from my end. But since an insurance claim has already been filed, it appears so...

Oh, I didn't think of cooperating in that fashion :smile: thanks BB, it is very appropriate.
Hopefully this seller isn't using this as a common method for more money. So much time wasted and I have been looking for these shoes for months T-T
I wouldn't be surprised if the seller then files something with ebay saying I damaged the item, he/she keep referring to how it is different from the listing pictures.
p.s. I don't know how to see if he/she purchased insurance from my end. But since an insurance claim has already been filed, it appears so...
The shipping label will show if it was insured.

my goodness! I only saw 3-4 non-positive on ebay........... now I definately don't feel bad for being angry towards this seller >=\
somehow I feel he/she will just relist the same good pictures and wait for someone else to fall for it, maybe thats how the shoes got beat up over and over again in shipping to begin with, sigh.

I've threw away the box, but I received a message from ebay to verify a claim, so I'm sure there was one purchased in order to claim?
It was not a very clear verification process: 1. Item arrive damaged or 2. Item arrived in good condition.
there was not a place to explain anything or a place to warn of potential claim fraud.... so I reported the seller's message to me to comply in the insurance claim instead =/ hopefully ebay actually reads them.

This seller is unbelievable! How are they still alive and kicking?
this seller actually have 32 neutral/negs from the toolhaus BB pulled. they may have made it a common practice considering all the similar feedbacks left about item being in worse condition. Its not my place to set them straight, but one day... something fraud is gonna hit them >=/
I should have asked for return shipping reimbursment, but I'm too annoyed by all the messages the seller sent to get me to comply to the claim. I can't find a way to block them, grr

Under normal circumstances, might go along with helping a seller file an ansurance claim
for legitimate damage..

Sounds like this seller has a bad habit of filing insurance claims that are questionable