Seller sent me the wrong size...

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Hi everyone :smile: I'm in a bit of a pickle and I need some advice!!

I just bought a Botkier Bianca bag off of ebay. Seller was super nice, sent the item in 4 days, lots of communication, etc.

Well I got the package today and I opened it expecting to find the medium bianca bag that I purchased.... Instead I found a small bianca bag.

The condition of the bag is accurate but the size is not. The dimensions listed in the description are the dimensions of a medium bianca bag. But I measured the bag with my tape measure (and compared it to other bianca bags listed on different websites and ebay) and the dimensions of the bag she sent me match the dimensions of a small bianca bag. So in essence, the size is wrong (if I had known it was a small bianca, I would not have bought it).

What should I do??? :sad:

The seller has a "no returns" policy. Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260362994049

Hi Peachi,
Well if you have had communication and service from the seller so far then you should just email the seller first. She will probably continue to be helpful in arranging a solution. Do you want a refund? A partial refund? To keep it?
The bag looks lovely, but I suppose it depends on how badly you wanted the size up.
What do you think?
:shrugs:

ps, it says in the auction there is a 7 day return policy....
Here it is cut and pasted from the auction at the bottom!

Return policy
Item must be returned within:
7 Days
Refund will be given as:
Money Back
Return shipping will be paid by:
Buyer
Return policy details:
If there was a mistake in the listing, return is accepted.

The return policy means nothing kuz you got a SNAD in your hands.
Just let the seller know, and let's hope she's reasonable and refunds
you the full amount plus both shipping fees, as it was her mistake.

If she isn't, you can open a SNAD dispute with PayFoe and go
from there.

Thanks everyone... I'm waiting for feedback from the Botkier forum (just to double check the true size vs. the size described in the listing)... I actually do like the bag and it'd be perfect if it was the next size up... I mean it is very cute. But, I would not have purchased it if I had known what the true size was.

My other dilemma is that I won't be able to ship the bag until next Thursday because I'll be on a business trip!

Thanks again everyone! I had the ladies in the Botkier forum take a look at it and based on that assessment, the seller definitely listed the wrong measurements and described the bag as a medium when it should have been a small. Here's the tpf botkier link with the size descriptions and pictures: http://forum.purseblog.com/botkier/authenticate-this-botkier-183645-52.html#post9851404

So I'm going to email the seller and be really nice about it. I'll keep you guys updated! And if anyone has anymore advice... I'd love to hear it!!!

Hi everyone, I'm back. Thanks so much for the advice, please keep it coming!

The seller hasn't responded to my ebay message and it's been about 13-14 hours since I sent it... so I'm going to resend my e-bay message directly to her email address. If I don't hear from her by Sunday afternoon, I guess I'll file an ebay/paypal SNAD claim. I just really hate for it to come to this since I really don't need the stress or the hassle of duking it out with a seller. Plus I'll be out of town for 4 days next week without regular access to e-mail/internet, which could be problematic if I'm filing a claim against someone. Arghhhhhh!!

You do have 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim. If you are not going to have access to the internet for the next four days, it might not be a bad idea to wait until you get back before you file the claim. Hopefully you will hear from her and you won't need to.

I realized I never responded! The seller was super communicative and issued me a partial refund... haven't decided if I am going to resell the bag or keep it but it's definitely a beautiful bag so my options are open... super happy that the seller turned out to be so open to resolving this issue quickly - no fuss no muss! Thanks for all the advice :smile: