Seller protection

So it's going UK to UK?

Well, she's just wrong because I used to have my work's address as a shipment address on PP. So I think this is very odd indeed - she's clearly allowed to received personal mail at work otherwise she wouldn't ask for it be shipped there via email!

She could, if she wasn't being so awkward, ask you to send it for guaranteed Saturday delivery.

Send her the links I posted above - see what she says when it's in B&W !!

Its her own shop!!!!!

I am going to email her and give her 3 options

1. We cancel the entire thing and I refund
2. She waits for a day she will be home and I post the day before
3. She changes the address based upon the links above which I will send

I had this happen to me before and the buyer somehow changed his PayPal shipping address after his purchase. However, it said "unverified". I called eBay and said I'm uncomfortable with shipping. EBay told me to message the buyer that I was canceling the transaction and relisting the item. I gladly canceled the transaction, relisted, and the item sold before the first buyer even had time to respond...I was happy! Call eBay so they have a record of what the buyer us trying to demand from you, it may protect you if negative feedback is indeed left...

Ok now they are saying its against ebay rules to add a company address and they cant pay through their company.

I dont really know what to suggest as despite their claims they are a long standing ebay member i am not sending to an address not on paypal.

Surely they have a day off??!
Its her own shop!!!!!

I am going to email her and give her 3 options

1. We cancel the entire thing and I refund
2. She waits for a day she will be home and I post the day before
3. She changes the address based upon the links above which I will send
She's the boss/business owner and claims she can't do it? Pfft.

Honestly, I smell scam here and even though you might have a neg to fight, I would get out of this transaction.

I'd love to see her history. I'm betting she's done this before.

Ok just to update, I have been on live chat with an Ebay agent and have it in writing numerous times that I am covered via seller protection if I post to this address I have been sent as it has been sent through ebay messages.

If I cancel I can still receive negative feedback and can appeal against it to ebay..according to him i am not obliged to send it to a new address if I dont wish to.

So if I post the item I will apparently not get done for an INR but there is still the possibility of a SNAD if the buyer damages the bag (not saying they will but you never know) I have listed every single flaw possible and there are numerous pictures but it is still possible.

Still waiting on a response from the buyer with regards to the 3 options I gave..

Good for you. Giving her options was very smart and shows you were working with her. If she can't pick one that works for her, that is her problem. Good job and go with your gut ALWAYS!

GlamGirly said:
Good for you. Giving her options was very smart and shows you were working with her. If she can't pick one that works for her, that is her problem. Good job and go with your gut ALWAYS!

Well i hope so, im not being awkward for no reason. It could be above board but then again it might not and i hope the buyer can appreciate that.

Ok just to update, I have been on live chat with an Ebay agent and have it in writing numerous times that I am covered via seller protection if I post to this address I have been sent as it has been sent through ebay messages.

If I cancel I can still receive negative feedback and can appeal against it to ebay..according to him i am not obliged to send it to a new address if I dont wish to.

So if I post the item I will apparently not get done for an INR but there is still the possibility of a SNAD if the buyer damages the bag (not saying they will but you never know) I have listed every single flaw possible and there are numerous pictures but it is still possible.

Still waiting on a response from the buyer with regards to the 3 options I gave..

Have you saved the live chat transcript? It bothers me when things like this are said to sellers as it's contrary to what is written on Paypal's pages and for an INR, Paypal is where the buyer will claim! Paypal will then ask for proof that you posted to the address on the transaction page........

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Ebay is infamous for not keeping their word in situations like this. And they won't honor something incorrect that you were told by a different Ebay rep.

I wouldn't trust an ebay rep farther than I could throw them, and thats when expecting them to honor their own policy. To honor something that is NOT ebay policy, I'd have no trust what so ever.

Don't give in, you actually have NO seller protection what-so-ever when you ship to an address that is not verified by paypal.

That paypal employee is wrong. If the buyer you're dealing with is shady, all they have to do is open a case against you and claim they didn't received the item. Since you shipped to a different address than provided on paypal, you'll lose the case and your money automatically, and they get to keep the item.

Have you saved the live chat transcript? It bothers me when things like this are said to sellers as it's contrary to what is written on Paypal's pages and for an INR, Paypal is where the buyer will claim! Paypal will then ask for proof that you posted to the address on the transaction page........

I agree with ^^^^ this.

I hate to be DebbieDowner but I find that ebay and/or Paypal will tell you what you want to hear but when it comes right down to it, they lie.

How many times have they said that they'd remove negative feedback if such-and-such happens, yet when they buyer negs (just as expected), ebay doesn't do diddly because it's the buyer's opinion.

Or in this case, they tell you to ship yet if the buyer files a claim, you'll get dinged for not shipping to the address on the paypal payment page.

I wouldn't do it.

DO NOT DO IT!
Paypal will 100% not honor the seller's protection, if you ship to any other address.
Ebay may, but if she opens the INR through paypal, Ebay will not help here.
Paypal always, always requires 3 thongs for seller protection:
1. Ship within 7 days of payment
2. Ship with delivery confirmation/signature confirmation
3. Ship to the address on the paypal payment transaction page

Thanks, i still wasnt sure what to do. She is still claiming she cant add the address as it keeps saying its a comercial address. I added my work address with no issues, its a hotel not a shop though.

vernis-lover said:

Yes ive saved them.