Seller agreed to a return, do i need to contact ebay?

pukasonqo

goddess of suburbia
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
hi,

i bought a pair of zara pants that were advertised by the seller as M, to fit size 10/12, the seller shipped them promptly but the label on the pants says S. i contacted the seller who first replied by saying they fit her and she is a size 10. i explained to her that the label says size 8 not 10, anyway, she has agreed to a. return

do i need to contact ebay? is only a local delivery but i am planning to send with tracking, the pants were 60 AUD so i am assuming insurance will not be necessary

thank you!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401264971.006747.jpg

My understanding, and I'm only very new to this - so I'm kind of scared to write first!

I've been told by both paypal and ebay that if a return is made as a discretion from the seller you would need to trust that the seller does the correct thing, ie. receives the item and let's you know when it arrives and pays you your refund. This would happen, I imagine most of the time, especially in Australia - without any problem whatsoever, and with a pair of pants, I would hope it would be very simple. You would not need to contact ebay.

However, my understanding is that if the item is 'significantly not as described' you can open a PayPal case. As the sizing is different, I would believe it would fall under this, however it would be up to the more experienced people on this board to provide you with further insight if this would definitely be considered a SNAD case (as you wouldn't want to lose the case). In a SNAD case, Paypal will provide some reassurance in the process for you in that they will be involved with the return process and hence also help you get your refund promptly.

There is an area I am grey on: hopefully someone may be able to clarify it here. I was told by PayPal if a return is made without involving PayPal, even if you use a signature confirmation, the seller can still claim the item was not received - even if the item was signed for and you could be out of pocket the money and the item? Is this really true or did I get a customer rep with not much experience?

Sorry I am not more certain in my answer, I am learning a lot here as well

thank you!
yes, i am concerned the seller might not refund once she receives the parcel...i am stuck in bed with a broken leg so cannot ship until saturday when my partner is off. i told the seller know that i cannot ship til saturday but didn't go into details

That's okay, hopefully someone with more experience will provide further clarity. Theres also the fear of you leaving them negative feedback that would ensure they do the correct thing by you.

However I am learning, ebay doesn't really like to get involved with those kinds of things, that's more PayPals area. Also remember there is 45 days from the day of receiving an item to when a claim can be made,

hi,

i bought a pair of zara pants that were advertised by the seller as M, to fit size 10/12, the seller shipped them promptly but the label on the pants says S. i contacted the seller who first replied by saying they fit her and she is a size 10. i explained to her that the label says size 8 not 10, anyway, she has agreed to a. return

do i need to contact ebay? is only a local delivery but i am planning to send with tracking, the pants were 60 AUD so i am assuming insurance will not be necessary

thank you!View attachment 2632227

You're correct - you don't need to contact eBay in order to return the item. Just make sure to return them with tracking / delivery confirmation (no need for a signature, as the value is too low).

When the seller receives the item back, she should process your refund. If, for some reason, she doesn't, you can open a claim then; when you upload the tracking number showing re-delivery, the claim should be closed in your favor.