Sell or keep YSL Envelope in Burgundy with gold hardware?

Jill0819

Sep 22, 2018
Hello! I am thinking about selling my YSL Triquilt Envelope handbag in burgundy with gold hardware. I bought it from Saks last November because it was a good deal, but I am unsure about my decision. I have always wanted a burgundy bag, but it *might* be a little bit harder to style than a black/neutral color and the hardware seems like a polished yellowy gold to me (and there is a lot of hardware on this bag). What do you think?

1592102408428.png

Reactions: Laffy77
I think the style of the bag itself is beautiful and a nice classic shape. I think it's probably a keeper. But I find burgundy difficult to style. I have mostly black bags (just my preference). I would say if your wardrobe is mostly warm tone, then keep. If your wardrobe is mostly cool tone (like mine which is mostly black, white, blue and grey) then I find this difficult to keep. I have a vintage Gucci bag in burgundy and it's too warm. I would use a color wheel or something to figure that out! Good luck!

Reactions: Jill0819
I think the style of the bag itself is beautiful and a nice classic shape. I think it's probably a keeper. But I find burgundy difficult to style. I have mostly black bags (just my preference). I would say if your wardrobe is mostly warm tone, then keep. If your wardrobe is mostly cool tone (like mine which is mostly black, white, blue and grey) then I find this difficult to keep. I have a vintage Gucci bag in burgundy and it's too warm. I would use a color wheel or something to figure that out! Good luck!
Thank you! If I sell it I will probably lose a little money, so maybe I should use that to buy more clothes that go lol.