Sell or keep? Jumbo caviar

dwong

Jul 14, 2011
I need an honest opinion..
I bought a black jumbo shw double flap and i sooo love it! But since i got it i only used it 2-3 times and went back to the closet, see im a mom and i always go for my bloomsbury lv crossbody coz its so carefree..
I was thorn between keeping it coz its a classic and it look nice in the closet or sell it towards europe trip..
What do u ladies think

I think you can always buy a classic flap down the road

If you really want the feeling of carrying a Chanel bag, I'd recommend you sell it and find a WOC or mini cross body bag (or CAM /coco pleats) that suits your life style during your Europe trip

I think this is an expensive item to keep around not knowing if you will use it again. I am leaning toward using the funds for Europe which could be more fulfilling for the entire family than a item sitting in the closet. Just a thought...

I need an honest opinion..
I bought a black jumbo shw double flap and i sooo love it! But since i got it i only used it 2-3 times and went back to the closet, see im a mom and i always go for my bloomsbury lv crossbody coz its so carefree..
I was thorn between keeping it coz its a classic and it look nice in the closet or sell it towards europe trip..
What do u ladies think
I would keep it, after your kids grow up, you may find that you can use it and it will be more than $6000 and you may not find the exact look anymore, as this bag is "vintage":P

I know how it feel for the bag sit in the closet. I usually sell my unuse bag from my collection to fund into another bag, but I keep all my classic. So I think you should keep it for later use. It's long lasting style which you can carry 10 years later. You maybe not willing to buy it when Chanel Jumbo increase to $10,000 10 years later. Your kids will grow up eventually and you will have more time to use your bag!?

If the world ended in a month, which would you rather have: memories of a time spent with family on a spectacular trip or of a bag sitting in a closet unused? Life is short, and you never know what will happen. If you started a thread called "sell or keep," and you mention the bag is in the closet, that's a pretty good indication it's not being used and you are looking for validation. Look inside and ask yourself which is more important.

OP, I had the exact same bag and got rid of it. I just didn't care for it. Just to add something new here, I had no idea that relative & friends were interested in this bag. But it got sold before I knew they wanted it. So, you may want to ask around if anyone you know would like to purchase the bag from you if you want to go through the consignment route.

(Also, if the only way for you to travel is to sell that bag, then SELL IT)