Sell my Blue Roi Velo for a Canard Maxi Twiggy?

vang

Jul 7, 2008
I have always wanted a cross-boy Bal bag in Canard,but when it's sold out everywhere, I settled for a Blue Roi Velo.

I have used the Velo only twice, as I find the shoulder strap a little too long.

Now that I may have a chance to get Maxi Twiggy in Canard,I am thinking if I shoud sell off the Blue Roi Velo, but still half-hearted, as Blue Roi and Canard are two different tones of blue.

Should I or shouldn't I sell off the Blue Roi Velo??? Do I really need Two BLUE Balanciaga leather bags?

Just a reminder that buying/selling/trading is not permitted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need two blues, especially "so close" to each other in color. Will these be the only two bags that you own?

I have had both the BR Velo and Canard Maxi and prefer the Maxi much more. The strap is shorter, so you can wear it more comfortably than the Velo (unless you are taller, I am 5'3").

If you feel Velo's strap is too long, Maxi Twiggy sure is another great choice. Maxi Twiggy could be worn over your shoulder since its handles are longer. But I remember seeing a thread mentiioned Maxi Twiggy's bottom doesn't hold well. If you put more stuff in, it may change its shape. I personally don't own a Maxi Twiggy but you may check how it is worn in the reference thread.

You don't need two blues, especially "so close" to each other in color. Will these be the only two bags that you own?

I have had both the BR Velo and Canard Maxi and prefer the Maxi much more. The strap is shorter, so you can wear it more comfortably than the Velo (unless you are taller, I am 5'3").

Hi,REREsaurus, thanks for your reply.

Besides Maxi Twiggy in Canard, I am also interested in getting a Part-Time or Hip in Anthracite or Murier actually.

Unfortunately, I am shorter at about 5'2",so I find the Velo strap a little too long.

If you feel Velo's strap is too long, Maxi Twiggy sure is another great choice. Maxi Twiggy could be worn over your shoulder since its handles are longer. But I remember seeing a thread mentiioned Maxi Twiggy's bottom doesn't hold well. If you put more stuff in, it may change its shape. I personally don't own a Maxi Twiggy but you may check how it is worn in the reference thread.

Hi HandbagAngel,

When I tried the maxi twiggy at the store, i noticed the shape without anything in,is already very different from the photos I saw on this forum which looks more like an LV Speedy. I like the shorter strap, though it doesn't seem to hold as much as the Velo.

I have had both and I am 5,25

Hope these comparison pics help!

Comparation/modeling pics the velo & maxy twiggy

I also prefer the maxi :smile:

Thank you so much for the comparison!! Love it! I wished I had seen your post before I got my Velo back in August ( I've never seen the maxi IRL ever) ...I'm considering the Maxi now too!

Vang-I'd go for a different color as well. Br and canard are too similar IMO :smile:

It seems like you have the Canard Maxi Twiggy set on your mind from Day 1. Blue Roi and Canard are very much different shades of blue. Blue Roi being a Darker Navy blue and Canard a more Tealish blue.

But if you haven't been using your Velo as often as you mentioned, and maybe the Maxi Twiggy's shoulder length might be the best for you? May I ask how tall are you? I am 5'3" and I have had to shorten my Velo 4" to let it sit on my hip. While with the Maxi Twiggy, it falls just perfectly.

You may alter the length of your Velo and keep her, and still get the Maxi Twiggy. It really depends if you think you will still be using your Velo when you do finally receive your Maxi Twiggy.

Both are good cross-body bags, but the Maxi Twiggy wins over the Velo if you do not wish to alter the length.

Here are some mod pics of the Velo (altered strap) and the Maxi Twiggy, and Canard HTH.

VELO: Altered strap length
attachment.php

attachment.php

MAXI TWIGGY
attachment.php

attachment.php

CANARD
attachment.php

Attachments

• Militaire Suede Velo Mod Pic 2 copy.jpg
    Militaire Suede Velo Mod Pic 2 copy.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 680