Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Welcome back !! It’s good to see you post!

Yes! I made it just in time to see your awesome score! Super jealous that you got such a beautiful bag. I've actually been pining for a functional Chanel cross body because all my hand held bags are definitely not practical right now.

Not exactly a thrift store find but I did buy this beauty off Kijiji in February for $300 including delivery and he threw in the bottle of polish for me as well since he didn't have time to finish polishing before I bought it.

I still need to get around to actually doing the polish thing, putting in some drawer liners and setting it up. I've so far only managed to scrape out the horrid green drawer fuzz (I even found an antique fingernail *vomit*). I did learn during that long process that Lysol wipes dissolve antique glue that is animal based. Planning to set it up as my record table and use it to store records, blanket and towels since my condo is lacking in the large closet department. I've just lacked some serious motivation to finish things up since I got REALLY sick end of Feb right before COVID blew up in Canada (I'm still suspecting it was COVID that I had) and it took almost two full months to recover and feel okay. The other four months I've just spent procrastinating and talking about finally fixing it up.

1597703027729.png

Yes! I made it just in time to see your awesome score! Super jealous that you got such a beautiful bag. I've actually been pining for a functional Chanel cross body because all my hand held bags are definitely not practical right now.

Not exactly a thrift store find but I did buy this beauty off Kijiji in February for $300 including delivery and he threw in the bottle of polish for me as well since he didn't have time to finish polishing before I bought it.

I still need to get around to actually doing the polish thing, putting in some drawer liners and setting it up. I've so far only managed to scrape out the horrid green drawer fuzz (I even found an antique fingernail *vomit*). I did learn during that long process that Lysol wipes dissolve antique glue that is animal based. Planning to set it up as my record table and use it to store records, blanket and towels since my condo is lacking in the large closet department. I've just lacked some serious motivation to finish things up since I got REALLY sick end of Feb right before COVID blew up in Canada (I'm still suspecting it was COVID that I had) and it took almost two full months to recover and feel okay. The other four months I've just spent procrastinating and talking about finally fixing it up.

View attachment 4821525
Thats beautiful!!...gonna look even better with the polish...what a gem.

Reactions: ladyash

View attachment 4821525
What a beautiful piece! Congrats! Not really that knowledgeable about furniture, but the price you got it for seems pretty good. :tup:
I know how you feel, I'm sure lots of people have been on the low and discouraged to do anything productive these past few months, myself included. :sad: Hope you'll be able to snap out of it!

Went to the Sal Val yesterday and saw this amazing jacket marked at 99.00. Googled the brand “Rudsack” and almost fell over! It is NWT! Then I get to the register and the cashier halved the price. She was mine for 50.00 :smile: . It is trimmed in the softest leather and the zippered attached mittens are half fabric half leather

View attachment 4826698
View attachment 4826701

View attachment 4826703
Very nice coat Tomsmom and at such price (nice surprise getting the discount too)! Storing that brand name away for future reference.
I have been lucky with coats as well. Should probably post some

Reactions: Tomsmom
What has everyone been doing lately anyway.
How is @Tomsmom @Raven3766 @jamamcg an everone else doing...I would link anyone but the desktop comps not letting me do it.
Its been a bit quiet here...some goddies shown but I think this 2020 year has gotten everone down really bad.
I just hope everyone is ok.
Hi!!

I go to the Sal Val at least once a week. If I can get there twice a week I will. My usual scores That I don’t post about are denim, nice tops. I won’t buy anything other than premium denim though, I call Myself a thrifting snob haha!

What has everyone been doing lately anyway.
How is @Tomsmom @Raven3766 @jamamcg an everone else doing...I would link anyone but the desktop comps not letting me do it.
Its been a bit quiet here...some goddies shown but I think this 2020 year has gotten everone down really bad.
I just hope everyone is ok.
Hi, haven't found anything lately. Living in Houston, hiding from Covid and hurricanes. I'm in Houston, so the hurricane will not directly hit us but we will get a lot of wind. Just heard Hurricane Laura is a Category 4 with winds of 150 mph. Lord protect me as I move cautiously through 2020.

Reactions: Narnanz