Second thoughts

Kelechi

Aug 30, 2011
So I just bought the zippy coin purse in pomme. Got it mail last week and now I am feeling like I need a tote eg neverfull or totally instead. I may return it as I am not getting the tingly feeling. Help!

Kelechi said:
So I just bought the zippy coin purse in pomme. Got it mail last week and now I am feeling like I need a tote eg neverfull or totally instead. I may return it as I am not getting the tingly feeling. Help!

I have the the same zcp in pomme :biggrin:
Why what's wrong ? It's very pretty or
Is it too small for you ? It's very functional
and very compact . But, whatever makes
your heart sing .. Go for it !!! GL !!!

It is pretty. I'm just afraid of it because I am a klutz. I loved it online. And I loved the pic of yours. Maybe i will feel differently later. I just have this feeling I'm too rough for this wallet. It is shiney and I am not sure I will get its worth.

I'm just worried I'm too klutzy for it and will mess it up. I'm afraid of it. And think I should have just gotten a purse or tote. Thanks. I Will figure it out.

If you don't have the I love it feeling then return it and get something you love. You can always purchase it again down the road if you decide you miss it.

I felt the same when I first bought my vernis ZCP (vert impression). I was worried the colour would be too delicate, and I was terrified of colour transfer.
I held onto it, and two years down the track I am so glad I kept it :smile: Vernis is far more durable than you think! All my SLGs are vernis and they have been troopers. Vernis doesn't scratch easily (unless you literally scrape your car keys against it), colour transfer on colours like pomme/amarante is fairly rare (just don't place newspapers/glossy magazines against it).
I had an incident with a leaky water bottle in which my ZCP was completely soaked, after air drying for 24hrs, looked exactly the same as it did before...

The damier and mono canvas SLGs just don't pop or sing to me the way Vernis does, but they are definitely less frightening... so if you still feel uncomfortable, return it. As for the purse/wallet issue- do you have an LV bag already? If so, why not a wallet for a change? ;)

Edit to add: I should say, I've been using my ZCP everyday since I got it in 2010, and it is pristine too!

jen_sparro said:
I felt the same when I first bought my vernis ZCP (vert impression). I was worried the colour would be too delicate, and I was terrified of colour transfer.
I held onto it, and two years down the track I am so glad I kept it :smile: Vernis is far more durable than you think! All my SLGs are vernis and they have been troopers. Vernis doesn't scratch easily (unless you literally scrape your car keys against it), colour transfer on colours like pomme/amarante is fairly rare (just don't place newspapers/glossy magazines against it).
I had an incident with a leaky water bottle in which my ZCP was completely soaked, after air drying for 24hrs, looked exactly the same as it did before...

The damier and mono canvas SLGs just don't pop or sing to me the way Vernis does, but they are definitely less frightening... so if you still feel uncomfortable, return it. As for the purse/wallet issue- do you have an LV bag already? If so, why not a wallet for a change? ;)

I agree, I've had mine a year-- it's pristine.

I'm so glad you posted this! I, too have been looking at and loving all the beautiful reveals, gone through the wallet clubhouse, the vernis clubhouse, gone online...and am terrified of buying a vernis anything because I'm such a klutz! I feel as if I won't make it out of the store without scratching any potential new piece...sigh.

I am a klutz - and I have bumped my alma's up against walls, scraped up against the car etc - and there is no scuffs or scratches on them.

I think in order to get a scuff, you would have to drag it along the road, or against a brick wall...

As for SLG's - just don't put paper (eg receipts, newspaper etc) up against it - as there could be colour transfer. But otherwise - enjoy your ZCP! its so pretty!

same with mine. been using my alma bb eversince i got it roughly a month maybe. yesterday i kinda got freaked. while walking at the mall one guy walked passed me and his hand hit my bag, felt like he scratched it or something. i checked after a while and saw some white line. double checked and tried scratching a part off. once i new it wasn't a scratch i left it alone. checked later it was gone. i don't want to get paranoid over it but it just scared me a bit. also i've been placing my bag on my lap, on dark blue denims no color transfers from there. i'm careful about paper and print and putting it on top of books so i'm just wary about that.

vernis is pretty cool really. no need to worry much about it. as for the zcp, i too am still getting used to it but other than that i really find the material really really awesome feels like wearing shiny shoes all the time.

My only vernis piece is a pomme cles and I've used it everyday since I've had it. ( I've had it less than a year) .
But I can't ell you how many times I've dropped my keys in the garage, or on the kitchen floor and no scrapes ar scratches.
But if you aren't feeling it or LOVE it, exchange it for what you do love.
Good luck with your decision !