Second choice

lovingit74

Jul 1, 2015
After searching for an old medium Le Boy chanel in black caviar with ruthaneum hardware, my SA could not find it. I give up. So I am looking at an old medium classic Chanel in beige/cream caviar with gold hardware. I usually don't see the cream color in the classic. I see black classic most often. I am not sure if I will regret getting this color. What is everyones' thoughts who bought a classic in the cream or beige color (not sure the name or if they are the same color) and if they regret it?

After searching for an old medium Le Boy chanel in black caviar with ruthaneum hardware, my SA could not find it. I give up. So I am looking at an old medium classic Chanel in beige/cream caviar with gold hardware. I usually don't see the cream color in the classic. I see black classic most often. I am not sure if I will regret getting this color. What is everyones' thoughts who bought a classic in the cream or beige color (not sure the name or if they are the same color) and if they regret it?
Im confused. At the begining talked about Le Boy, then you started to talk about classic to the end. So, Boy or flap bag are you talking about?

Beige (Clair) is in my eyes as much a classic color as black. Totally quintessential Chanel, even if it's now only a seasonal color. I like this color mostly on classic flaps.
My Beige Clair caviar M/L flap is one of my holy grails.

I think beige is now a "seasonal colour". Different shades of beige are released each season. The previous classic was called "beige clair". There is a Chanel colour library in the subforum which might be helpful to you.

iconic, do you know what color this one is?
IMG_9822.jpg

Don't purchase something now just because it is available...wait for exactly what you love. The bags are much too expensive to settle. The other thing I want to mention, lighter colors are very difficult to take care of...

Couldn't find the Le Boy so thinking of setting for a classic creme Caviar. Not sure if I will regret it.
I have a beige classic flap and it is the most beautiful shade of all. It is very classic just recently Chanel stoped consider it as a classic color.

I dont think one ever regret getting this color. However, to settle for it over something you really look for , then you may regret. You may just wait for few seasons.

How about look harder? I believe it is still out there. Goodluck.

Reactions: Plumeria233
The "beige" classic flap is not as uncommon as you might think. Before this year, I believe, black AND beige were considered the ONLY 2 non-seasonal classic flap colors. And if you were to ask any Chanel/classic flap collector, I have no doubt they have BOTH a black and a beige in their collection. I do.

I ADORE my jumbo beige clair classic flap in caviar leather w/SHW purchased this year. Yet my very first Chanel handbag was black. And I would not have wanted it any other way.

Something you might want to take more time to consider: the Chanel Boy Bag is not the Chanel Classic Flap (and vice versa). Some, including myself, prefer only one style over the other. Many enjoy both styles. Since your heart was set on a Boy w/ RHW and in black, you are aking a 180 degree turn by settling for a Classic Flap, in beige w/ GHW.

These handbags, whether brand-new OR pre-loved, are simply TOO expensive to just settle for. Continue to search, ask questions and conduct your own research before you settle for something that truly does not make your ❤️ heart ❤️ sing! Plus, working with more than just one single SA, if possible, and at various Chanel "locations", will increase your options significantly. Best of luck in your search.:flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I love both styles of Chanel. The le boy is more casual and the classic is more dressy in my opinion. I have the le boy in lambskin with ruthenium hw but thought I would want the caviar instead for durability reasons. I also have the classic flap in black caviar with gwh. I have some credits to use by the end of the year so really wanted to use it towards a Chanel. Since both items I have are black, I thought beige clair would be a good one to add to my collection. Thoughts?

IMG_9822.jpg

Yes, that would be called Beige Clair. There are many different shades of beige. There's the Beige Clair, Pearly Beige (from 2012) and the darker (Tan) Beige. I have both the Beige Clair and tan classic m/l flap, and the are very different. And then there's also a pinkish beige of which I don't know the name of.
About the cream, I think that the actual cream color is lighter than the beige clair, but I've seen many resellers name them the same.
Even in the Beige Clair family there are differentiations in shades, which depends on the season/year in which the color was released.
I have both the m/l flap and GST in Beige Clair, but I can see a difference in shade between them.

IMG_9822.jpg
I love beige and this bag is beautiful. A real classic. As others have mentioned, light colors are high maintenance. There is another thread where a lady is having trouble with color transfer on her pink caviar Chanel from a black dress. Personally that would be a deal breaker.