Screw fell out of my Havana!

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
Hello HHHotties :biggrin: I have no idea how/when this happened, but today I went to get out of my car and put my eggplant Havana on my shoulder and it just... flopped to the ground. The screw holding the strap in place on one side had somehow come unscrewed and fallen out without my noticing it. I scoured my car, my parking spot where I was going, my parking spot in my building, everywhere - no screw. I assume it's somewhere in my car 'cause I can't find it and the bag was on my shoulder when I got in the car, but it's nowhere to be found.

Has anyone ever had this problem with a Havana? I am going to email HH once I upload pictures of exactly what happened so I can send a picture with the email. If anyone has ever had this happen, let me know - I am kind of hoping they will just send me a new screw, but I will pay for it if I have to (but hoping I don't!).

(Right now I have one of those stupid mountain climbing keychain clips that my husband got from work holding it together - it looks TACKY TACKY TACKY but I have nothing else in my house pursewise other than a pink polka dot Dickies backpack.)

Thanks HHHotties!

I had a bronze distressed Tamasin Tote that I bought at the sample sale two years back. The first time I wore it out, a screw fell out of the handle also. I was using it as a school bag so you can imagine the paper explosion all over the sidewalk.

I was lucky because due to the leather, the screw didn't really fall out of the hole. I ended up trying to press it back on but it fell apart one more time so I used super glue to put the two ends together.

Soooooo, no help on the acquisition of said screw but just know screw loose-age isn't rare! I would take a picture of the screw type, front and back and e-mail them with the problem. If you lived in NYC, you might be able to go ask the stores but with HH's CS track record, you'd probably have to go out of your way to track down someone via phone.

Good luck!

oh no nooch -
FWIW, HH sends items for repair BACK to the manufacturer in China which is a total PITA....and takes FOREVER. Their policy may have changed, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

You may need to find a local cobbler to help you out.

Good luck!

If you can live with a non matching part a local cobbler would certainly be worth a try. They might at least be able to get a brass tone one. It should be fairly inexpensive. I got a rivet replaced on a gryson for $6.

I moved out of Brooklyn (clear across the country) MONTHS before discovering HH! Total sadface on that one, I've never even been to the store.

I can totally live with a non-matching part, especially since it's such a small piece - I really hate the stupid keyring though - I will show you guys a picture, it is AWFUL :biggrin:

Gonna try HH CS first although with everything I've read here... I ain't holding my breath or anything.

Will keep you all updated!

I had rivets fall out of a tamasin and my (rehomed) tharpe. I got replacement rivets from HH but it took a while. I applied them with pliers I had. It didn't look pretty but it worked.

oh no nooch -
FWIW, HH sends items for repair BACK to the manufacturer in China which is a total PITA....and takes FOREVER. Their policy may have changed, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

You may need to find a local cobbler to help you out.

Their policy remains the same. I was in the Nolita store when Karen explained this to someone who wanted her bag repaired. She did recommend a local (NYC) guy whom she said HH uses. I'm sure HH would give you a name if you called (and could get someone on the phone, of course).

Even if you told them you just wanted them to send you a new screw, they would very likely say that it has to come from the manufacturer.

I had a screw fall out of my Black Conrad and yep it was sent the China. It did literally take months before I got it back but there was no cost to me and at that point I was in no hurry.