Arts & Crafts Scrapbooking

roxy72

Mar 7, 2007
Hi ladies,

Is anyone here into scrapbooking?? My boyfriend and I are approaching our 1-year anniversary and I'd love to start a scrapbook featuring stuff we've done together. I'm not sure where to start though!

I've seen some starter kits online but they all have a specific theme to them. I'd prefer to buy specific sheets of paper related to each activity we've done (ie. visiting the Zoo, Halloween, etc). Also, I just found out that the scrapbook store downtown (Santa Barbara Scrapbooks) closed last year. It looks like I'll have to go to Michael's for supplies!

Does anyone have some completed pages they'd like to share, and/or tips on how to begin?

Hi ladies,

Is anyone here into scrapbooking?? My boyfriend and I are approaching our 1-year anniversary and I'd love to start a scrapbook featuring stuff we've done together. I'm not sure where to start though!

I've seen some starter kits online but they all have a specific theme to them. I'd prefer to buy specific sheets of paper related to each activity we've done (ie. visiting the Zoo, Halloween, etc). Also, I just found out that the scrapbook store downtown (Santa Barbara Scrapbooks) closed last year. It looks like I'll have to go to Michael's for supplies!

Does anyone have some completed pages they'd like to share, and/or tips on how to begin?

Hi there, i completed a scrap book for my 18th birthday and i did themed pages, i bought a whole lot of colour papers, sequins, stickers and cut outs. I just created pages meaningful to me and i keep it in my desk now. When you buy all your crafts just work your magic. If you go on google and type in scrapbooking there are sites you can buy crafts and there is sites to help you get started and help and tips. Hope that helps :tup:

I do digital scrapbooking. I never got into "traditional" scrapbooking because of all the stuff. Seemed like a lot of money to get started, plus I hate clutter! Anyway, I love doing it digitally. I can create my book online (there's TONS of really nice papers, embellishments, etc.) and then they publish it and ship it me! It's all completely customizable, just like a real scrapbook. Just without the scraps of paper, glue, stickers, etc. :smile:

The website is http://www.frommemoriestokeepsakes.com

Here are a couple of my completed projects. :smile:

This is a little swatch book I did for my daughter and my niece. They each got one.
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1261809&productId=62

This is a single page I did. I simply published it and framed it. :smile:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1064763&productId=64

Last edited:
I do digital scrapbooking. I never got into "traditional" scrapbooking because of all the stuff. Seemed like a lot of money to get started, plus I hate clutter! Anyway, I love doing it digitally. I can create my book online (there's TONS of really nice papers, embellishments, etc.) and then they publish it and ship it me! It's all completely customizable, just like a real scrapbook. Just without the scraps of paper, glue, stickers, etc. :smile:

The website is http://www.frommemoriestokeepsakes.com

Here are a couple of my completed projects. :smile:

This is a little swatch book I did for my daughter and my niece. They each got one.
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1261809&productId=62

This is a single page I did. I simply published it and framed it. :smile:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1064763&productId=64

That's neat, thanks! I considered doing a digital one since I don't have a lot of money, but I'd like to make something with my hands. I like the idea of putting things together, feeling the paper and little embellishments with my fingers, etc. I just need to find some affordable supplies.

That's neat, thanks! I considered doing a digital one since I don't have a lot of money, but I'd like to make something with my hands. I like the idea of putting things together, feeling the paper and little embellishments with my fingers, etc. I just need to find some affordable supplies.

I hear ya! I'm that way to too...but I hate clutter more than I like using my hands. lol

Anyway, if you just want to try it out you can sign up for a free account. Then go into the "studio" and play around with it. You don't have to pay for anything unless you want to publish. :smile:

i've always wanted to scrapbook, even bought some small items but then never did anything with it. my cousin and aunt are hardcore into scrapbooking and they do AMAZING things. they even go to those weekend scrapbook retreats.

i've done a little "digital scrapbooking" at artscow.com. i made a calendar and it was so much fun when i discovered all the embellishments you could 'download'

Just an update- I visited my Mom's house over the weekend and used a bunch of her supplies. :P She has tons of papers, stamps, accessories, etc. She predominantly stamps, so the scrapbook stuff hasn't been used in awhile. It was great to mooch off her and start my book.

Also- I ran by Michael's this week to get some of my own supplies. Nice scissors, roller-glue, stickers (love 'em!), and some stuff to help me add 'journaling' to the pages. My little shopping trip got expensive really quick! Oh well. Our anniversary is next Wednesday (May 5), so I've got a bit more time to work on the book. :smile:

I have finally gotten around to doing our wedding album, so I started looking at scrapbooking. The album is professional, but I wanted to make a scrapbook with the stuff that aren't pictures, like the brochure on the place where we got married, receipt to our first anniversary dinner, etc. It's kind of fun, but I also hate clutter :P

I have finally gotten around to doing our wedding album, so I started looking at scrapbooking. The album is professional, but I wanted to make a scrapbook with the stuff that aren't pictures, like the brochure on the place where we got married, receipt to our first anniversary dinner, etc. It's kind of fun, but I also hate clutter :P

With FromMemoriesToKeepsakes.com you can scan those things and add them to your book. That way they don't deteriorate or fade away. Then your great grandchildren can see them just as they were! :smile:

Definitely check it out! I love it!! It's so much easier than traditional scrapbooking, and it lasts so much longer. You don't have to worry about embellishments falling off or anything. Plus if you want to make multiple copies of a book, you just click a button! :biggrin:

I made one for my BF for our anniversary and he loved it! What I did was I purchased a photo album with those adhesive pages and printed out some pix of us at various events, etc. I included movie ticket stubbs, concert tickets stubbs etc. I also used those very cute notepad papers to scribble notes on to include in the scrapbook. =)

Hi ladies,