scene stealer

I tend to wear similar items over and over again, if a certain brand/style/cut fits me well I buy repeats in different colors. I am very particular about how something fits my figure and have a hard time working with different silhouettes when I already found one that I thought was most flattering on me. I don't experiment a lot with clothes, so for me, I think I express my mood and creativity more through my bags. If I had only one bag I would look the same all the time.
I find that wearing a Kelly makes me think through my outfits more and also carry myself better -- a little taller, straighter, more poised.

HH, always interesting threads. Thanks.
Tamarind, I do the exact same thing. I favor a few items in each category at any given time, and wear/use them over and over again. I don't consider myself particularly creative with how I put things together, but wearing a ton of black certainly makes it easier.

tamarind that is a really lovely illustration of how an hermes bag does change you, but from the inside out - that is, it's not merely making you look good by being on your arm, but it's making you want to look good, carry yourself better, as you say.

pepper:flowers:
i'm definitely finding that my pearls, while not maybe a scene-stealer, totally change my appearance. definitely they have an "insta" effect. t and cardigan definitely become something else entirely with those on. like i've said, my hermes bag does not have that effect (it's such quiet lux it is nearly an inaudible whisper, lol) so this is my first real experience with an item that all on its own takes things up a notch (or 2 or 3).
... i think i like it.:P

thanks quinn's mom and emilia :smile:
looking forward to your DH moving out, lady emma (i jest, i jest :smile:

hh- lindsay lets EVERYTHING speak for her. i can pretty much pinpoint at any given more what and who she is wearing. there is nothing stealth about it. or maybe it's because we shop at the same places? who knows.

tamarind that is a really lovely illustration of how an hermes bag does change you, but from the inside out - that is, it's not merely making you look good by being on your arm, but it's making you want to look good, carry yourself better, as you say.

I still a newbie in this forum but glancing through all the member's pics, it really seems that the bag complements the owner, whether they are wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans or a fur coat. You get a sense that everyone is proud of their looks (even without seeing their facial expression).

Ella- beautiful ensembles!

For me, there are times when I carry my Birkin/Kelly and they would steal the show especially if I'm wearing basic clothes. There are also times when nobody recognizes the bags but compliments me on my clothes. It just depends I guess on how I'm dressed on a particular day.