Scariest thing you ever saw?

I've had a stalker that actually was a sexual predator, or a hunter, if you like. I was sixteen at the time, alone in a city, waiting for my train. The guy was looking for a prey, he chose me.
He followed for a while, I had not noticed. I bought an ice-cream, that turned him on. He rushed on me while I was in a small row, tried to strangle me from behind and tried to put his hand inside me, I was wearing a skirt but -this is gruesome- luckily I was on my period and this protected me from his total intrusion.
I managed to kick him with my elbow and my bag, and to stump on his foot with my heel. Since this day I never dare leaving the house without wearing heels.
So he released me for a second, and I ran away on the boulevard. But he chased me.

He managed to catch me back, same tactic, strangulation from behind, he was furious, even more than the first time. I tried to yell "let me go *******" and cried for help but people did not help me. They just stared at me, walking by. This was a sunny afternoon, with lot of people.
So I did the same, kick of the elbow, use of my heel, he was hurt one more time.

I ran away even more quickly than the first time. He was running after me, in such a state of madness. You can not imagine. I ran into a shop, hopping to hide away from him. He lost me for a sec, I ran out and hurried into a tea-room, in which I hid myself so he could not find me (plus I was hoping if he actually found me, someone would call the police and stop him from rapping me). I saw him looking for me in the tea-room. I was amazed no one ever questionned him, why was he behaving like that ?
I stayed hidden for a long time. Then I had to catch my train.

He never found me back, then, but some time after, I saw him on newspapers. He had raped a girl, a gruesome rape.
My mom had called the police after my assault. He was known for mental illness. He was supposedly on medecines that made him no danger, the doctors had said. But that day, he had not taken his pills. Neither did he on the day he found this girl.

I saw a patient on a locked psych unit beat to death another patient with a chair. It took only about 2 minutes and we were calling for help but it was too late.

I was on a plane on the ground at Mexico City's airport. We were taxiing to our gate to disembark. All of a sudden the pilot stomped down on the brakes so hard that we all went flying forward, A couple of seconds later a plane took off right in front of us.. If we had kept going forward there would have been a terrible crash. I don't know if we had landed on a runway or the other plane had taken off on our landing runway or how this was even possible. When we finally got to our gate and got off, there was nothing but silence.

Hi!

When I was in 5th or 6th grade were meeting at a "youth club" that had a bowling lane to celebrate a classmate's birthday. This "youth club" was located in a rather bad neighborhood. After a couple of games we decided to take a breath of fresh air outside the "youth club" so 4 to 6 of us were standing on the sidewalk chatting, when a open convertible drove by and the driver gave it a modest "kick down".

On the other side of the street were the backsides with balconies of apartment buildings. There was a guy on one of the balconies, screaming at the top of his lungs to the driver that he shouldn't do that because it is a so called living/play street. I don't know how, but the driver of that convertible managed to hear this, put his car in reverse and drove a couple of meters back so he was more or less positioned parallel to that balcony the other guy was on.

We were chuckling as we expected some major cussing. So we watched. But only for a couple of seconds up until the driver got a gun out of the glovebox and fired in the direction of that guy/balcony. Needless to say, we ran. I don't think anyone of us had ever run that fast. Scared the living sh*t out of us.

Kind regards,
Oliver

a drunk man was sitting around at a train station, talking to himself. just mumbling drunk words. apparently this aggrevated another man so much, he got up and started to yell at the drunk man. the angry man started hitting the drunk man and grabbed his collar. he dragged the drunk man for several meters, yelling at him the whole time. i was so scared the drunk man was going to get seriously hurt or tumble onto the train tracks. a woman and i called the police. i really hope the police managed to find that man. it may not sound as brutal or shocking, but seeing a stranger physically drag another human being JUST for mumbling drunk words around to himself...that was shocking. it felt like watching a psychopath act on his urges or something. the people that exist in the world... :sad:

I saw someone shot in the head in a third world country. It just kind of exploded. I don't know what the man had done, but it was awful, terrifying. Really horrible. In the same country, I saw a man beaten to a pulp by security guards for having the sheer audacity to walk on a private beach. When I tried to intervene, they threatened me. Some countries have no idea what human rights are.

Also, the betting shop I worked in getting held up at gunpoint whilst I was working. Yes, we had bullet proof glass, and the space between the glass and the top of the counter was incredibly small, but it's still scary as heck.

Oh my god. Scrolling through and someone else mentioned it. CLOWNS!
When the "scary" clown phenomenon was going on not too long ago I was horrified of going out at night!

Scariest thing I witnessed was my father's death. It was a long drawn out process where he became skeletal and unrecognizable. His heart just wouldn't stop despite his cancer spreading, so the process of watching his body shrink into itself was straight out of a horror movie. He wasn't conscious but would respond to our hands when we held his. It took a full week. The hospice worker that was assigned to him kept telling us it was imminent, but days would pass without his finally dying. Messed my head up for a long time. I'm glad I was there with my family, but I did not expect it to be so gruesome.

I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you went through. My aunt (mom's sister) went through the same thing. She was really young too - breast cancer. Cancer is a *****!!! it killed her slowly over 2 years. The last couple of months was horrible. At the end, we were begging the doc to give her something to help her go but they couldn't. She suffered a lot.

I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you went through. My aunt (mom's sister) went through the same thing. She was really young too - breast cancer. Cancer is a *****!!! it killed her slowly over 2 years. The last couple of months was horrible. At the end, we were begging the doc to give her something to help her go but they couldn't. She suffered a lot.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses