Scarfies! Should i pay above retail for mythologies des hommes?

Well, first of all I think you have to get the colorway you love. If you don't, you'll regret it.

Second, I have paid over retail for a couple of scarves I really wanted (not $500, although I'm not saying I never would). They were grail scarves, which I knew I wanted more than any other scarves after doing a lot of research into all the scarves H has made over the years. I had my eye on eBay for months and had an idea of what the market price would be for those scarves--which is why I paid over retail; I knew I'd probably have to in order to get them.

Third, I know I've seen Mythologies on eBay before, although I don't pay a lot of attention to prices or colorways of that one because I'm not a KO fan. But if you see something once, chances are you'll see it again, and if $500 is out of your comfort zone (which it probably should be!), chances are you'll be able to find it sooner or later for less. But it might take a while. She just listed the scarf a couple of days ago--I don't think she's listed it before, at least not recently--so she might lower the price after a while if it doesn't sell.

Luv2shophandbag--
(a) If you plan to hang it as a picture, maybe, but only if it is brand new, never worn (highly unlikely).
(b) If you plan to wear it, NO! Do you really want to wear a scarf that someone else has worn? Why pay even the current retail price of $375 for a worn item, esp. something as personal as a scarf. $500 is too far above retail too.
(c) check Neiman Marcus for this pattern; it might still be floating around. You can try it on before buying, at it should be brand new. Also try some of the other smaller distributors, listed on the back of Le Monde d'Hermes magazine.

No matter how much you love a scarf, you'll never feel good if you know you got ripped off.

Good luck!

If you are going to use it then by all means consider it, don't jump in, think about it for a while......... then decide. If you are likely to going to just leave it in the box, put it in the drawer, then don't get it!!

Myth is NOT Oliver's best design, by quite some margin, all the cws sorta look alike , and it looks a lot like Danses des Indiens
So, IMHO, it is not a good enough of an investment to pay above retail