Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Hello, everyone! Been MIA since getting home due to unexpected “things”. I want to thank everyone for their participation this week and fun musical associations, videos, songs, and lyrics. It’s been a pleasure hosting, such that it was with a trip in the mix. Leaving you with another musical association. Promenade de Longchamps is an iconic vintage design that seems to have been reissued often, judging by the availability on the resale market. Here’s a cw I’d just love.
IMG_1578.jpeg
I own a vintage yellow, purchased from a seller on eBay who said it was his mom’s and never worn. A gorgeous, gorgeous cw. Well, I never fail to think of the park scenes in the 1953 movie Gigi. Though very dated in its themes, one cannot dismiss Leslie Caron’s exquisite performance as the heroine.
IMG_1579.jpeg
1714239003810.jpeg
Have a great weekend, dear Scarfies!

I have some catching up to do today but for now - it’s been a two scarf day. Morning was Parade en Fanfare gavroche:

IMG_0627.jpeg

And then Splash Park this afternoon. I suspect Under the Waves is a better scarf fit for the Little Mermaid’s ‘Under the Sea,’ but this scarf did really make me think of that song the moment I saw it in person.

IMG_0649.jpeg

And earlier this week I wore some non-H, a new Longchamp that I picked up last weekend. Such fun spring colors!

IMG_0573.jpeg

Well, today is Saturday so I have a "bonus" theme day as I thought our week ended yesterday! My scarf selection today is Tatouages Marins bandana CSGM. There is no "story behind" this design as of yet, but the center of the shawl features legendary perils and mythical creatures faced by the seafarers of old-- the kraken, the reefs of peril, the island of bears, the Chariot of Neptune, pirates, mermaids and so on such as might be the subject of sailors' tattoos (hence the title). My musical association for this piece has to be the sea shanty. My family used to love a radio program called The Hudson River Sampler hosted by Wanda Fischer (I believe @Karenska will know it!) and through this program we spent many Saturday mornings listening to folk artists such as The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem singing these rhythmic old songs of the sea.
By way of example, here's Nathan Evans singing his immensely popular cover of "The Wellerman".

View attachment 5991242
And again, thank you to @Karenska for a wonderful week!

Such a beautiful shawl, I just love the colors, Lkb. Yes, I remember Wanda Fischer and her Hudson River Sampler. Wonderful pairing of shawl and song, too! I mentioned another sea shanty earlier this week, Fiddler’s Green, although not a true traditional song as it was composed in the 1960s. I neglected to attach a video link so here it is.

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
I'm heading off to see my first women's hockey game today. Their team color is purple, so I'm wearing my Brides de Gala purple dipdye surteint.

View attachment 5991326

It's been raining for the past couple of days, and Prince passed away eight years ago this week. Yes, it's time for some Purple Rain.

Zamboni break at the Profesional Women's Hockey League game.

20240427_144253.jpg

I love this @Agrume. I was your twin but now my DD has possession of this and I only have visitation rights... I loved the music you paired with it, too-- gorgeous.

This looks wonderful paired with that jacket @Forever Orange! Truly inspired and so glad it came off the rehome pile!

A favorite song, a favorite scarf -- wonderful @Cookiefiend. We must all know this one by heart, right? Raindrops on roses...

Both you and your Evie look wonderful @bunnycat! (and thank you for the Flagship compliment, too!)

Oh, my what a great array of loveliness-- beautiful Soiree de Gala and the Eleftheria looks amazing with your pearls and your beautiful curls @Helena7. I never ever really focused on that LP record on the Amazones! Thank you for pointing it out. I love the details on. the designs...

Well that is one to cross off your bucket list @Mary Ann G! You look great in both scarves and sparkles and I am intrigued also by your tie on Ad Astra!

Gorgeous in CSPM and lovely with this jacket and brooch @Croisette7.
Thank you, dear LKBNOLA! Love your new CSGM, especially the soft green.