Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start our August themes with a twist on the inspiration and enablement factors. H scarves feature a plethora of cultural designs, but their designers are also greatly inspired by many trades and professions.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor

This week, find us an acrobat, a fisherman, a dancer or a swimmer! Or can you do like John Le Carre (such a suitable name for a H thread :giggle: ) and find a spy? Do some H forensics: if the tools of the trade are there, the tradesman can't be far away!

The Actor and the Archaeologist
La Danse des Amazones with its three actors on a very ornate set
View attachment 5584546
And Reveries Pompeienne which celebrates the work Archaeologists have done unearthing the ruins of Pompeii
View attachment 5584547
Hermes Story reminds me of that very modern occupation of the Blogger! The techno version of society mavens who used to dominate the leisure and gossip pages of print media, popular bloggers have an outsized influence on likes and dislikes, and are a sought-after commodity which companies leverage on to sway public opinion and boost sales.
View attachment 5584552
From the modern to the traditional, the Coachman appears on many H scarves, wheeling round the design in Paris Qui Roule...View attachment 5584553
And in L'Air de Paris, bored in the traffic jam while waiting to get to Faubourg, he mischievously tosses his top hat into the air!
Double gavroche, L'Air worn here with Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
View attachment 5584554
Most drivers drive safely, but in Jan Bajtlik's Les As du Volant, Demolition Derby Drivers are going crazy on the racetrack. Spotting Kluska in this design is a challenge as chaos reigns supreme! Les As kept me warm on the plane as I flew back from Vietnam last night :smile:
View attachment 5584550

Start scrutinizing your silks and cashmeres, dear scarfies! Let's see who you can spot practicing their profession in all that beauty. And if you have any of the Metiers designs, :clap: You are set for the week!
Happy to see this new one modeled! It truly looks like mayhem ensued... Another I need to look at now. Sigh.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
What a fabulous introduction @xincinsin -- I am ready to go on a scavenger hunt through my scarf drawer after this! I am still :lol: over the H Story lady pursuing her selfie for her blog post! In the meantime, I am absolutely tickled to have the perfect "cross-over" scarf this morning (hat tip @Redbirdhermes!).Zoe Pauwel's Premier Mains (2002) depicts drawings from the cave walls at Lascaux and thus celebrates the work of archeologists and anthropologists as well. The minute I saw it on my dear scarf friend @Karenska, I went on an obsessive hunt until I scored one of my own, so another I would not own but for TPF inspiration.
View attachment 5584605
Happy to inspire, dear friend! I love your cw. Here’s mine, which I love, too.
9342D6D4-D2FF-46BC-B260-C073B4C3F68B.jpeg

Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting these past few weeks, and thank you to @xincinsin for the marvelous introduction to Professions week.

Ever since I began posting in the Scarf of the Day forum, I have been dazzled by the scarves and knots displayed by @Living.la.vida.fifi . She inspired, nay insisted, that someone with an interest in aviation needed this scarf. She then led me to adding it to my collection. Reves d'Espace celebrates the history of aviation and literally lists the names of prominent pilots and astronauts on the scarf. Thank you for all you do to inspire us, Fifi.

20220807_111625(0).jpg

Let's start our August themes with a twist on the inspiration and enablement factors. H scarves feature a plethora of cultural designs, but their designers are also greatly inspired by many trades and professions.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor

This week, find us an acrobat, a fisherman, a dancer or a swimmer! Or can you do like John Le Carre (such a suitable name for a H thread :giggle: ) and find a spy? Do some H forensics: if the tools of the trade are there, the tradesman can't be far away!

The Actor and the Archaeologist
La Danse des Amazones with its three actors on a very ornate set
View attachment 5584546
And Reveries Pompeienne which celebrates the work Archaeologists have done unearthing the ruins of Pompeii
View attachment 5584547
Hermes Story reminds me of that very modern occupation of the Blogger! The techno version of society mavens who used to dominate the leisure and gossip pages of print media, popular bloggers have an outsized influence on likes and dislikes, and are a sought-after commodity which companies leverage on to sway public opinion and boost sales.
View attachment 5584552
From the modern to the traditional, the Coachman appears on many H scarves, wheeling round the design in Paris Qui Roule...View attachment 5584553
And in L'Air de Paris, bored in the traffic jam while waiting to get to Faubourg, he mischievously tosses his top hat into the air!
Double gavroche, L'Air worn here with Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
View attachment 5584554
Most drivers drive safely, but in Jan Bajtlik's Les As du Volant, Demolition Derby Drivers are going crazy on the racetrack. Spotting Kluska in this design is a challenge as chaos reigns supreme! Les As kept me warm on the plane as I flew back from Vietnam last night :smile:
View attachment 5584550

Start scrutinizing your silks and cashmeres, dear scarfies! Let's see who you can spot practicing their profession in all that beauty. And if you have any of the Metiers designs, :clap: You are set for the week!
What a delightful intro, Xincinsin! This week TWILL be fun :giggle:.
Sure do have some cowboys doing their roundups in Les Mustangs ‘dana. New mini mors on top. Not SOTD but MSOTD (mod shot). Need to post these on the AW threads. BFB161F6-F685-4909-B58B-5E34CB539ABC.jpegF44DF25B-D513-4660-84E5-6F3A12F29ECA.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Barbette
Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting these past few weeks, and thank you to @xincinsin for the marvelous introduction to Professions week.

Ever since I began posting in the Scarf of the Day forum, I have been dazzled by the scarves and knots displayed by @Living.la.vida.fifi . She inspired, nay insisted, that someone with an interest in aviation needed this scarf. She then led me to adding it to my collection. Reves d'Espace celebrates the history of aviation and literally lists the names of prominent pilots and astronauts on the scarf. Thank you for all you do to inspire us, Fifi.

View attachment 5584674
When I think of your stunning scarf collection, RBH, the first scarf that I think of is Reves d’Espace because of your formidable training, knowledge, and ability to fly an aircraft. :ty: This is a bright and pretty cw!

What a wonderful theme Xincinsin! You inspired me to search and find one of the most iconic of summer trades - an Ice Cream Vendor. What would summer be without these tradesmen at the ready with a giant king cone or an ice cream sandwich to perk you up after a day in the sun? 118A56CE-72E4-4A0F-A8FA-2B94425A7517.jpegHere is a vignette from On the Beach. Please excuse the absence of a mode shot with this one today.

What a wonderful theme Xincinsin! You inspired me to search and find one of the most iconic of summer trades - an Ice Cream Vendor. What would summer be without these tradesmen at the ready with a giant king cone or an ice cream sandwich to perk you up after a day in the sun? View attachment 5584706Here is a vignette from On the Beach. Please excuse the absence of a mode shot with this one today.
Lovely! This design escaped me. Nothing that came in caught my eye or suited my colouring. And I really did want On The Beach.

I am posting mod shots of Hermes Factory cw 03. I don't think we have seen that one modeled yet. I saw it in the Greenwich boutique and loved it but passed on it as I had not had it on my short list at the time. But. I could not get it out of my head as the song goes, so when it popped up on line I grabbed it and I am so happy that I did. It has two "convincing" sides in my opinion but some folks may not care for the color block side of this double face. I thought it was very lovely and resembled dip dye in the saturation of the images in the various sections. In any case it is a surprise but a keeper for me! Love the colors and the raspberry hem is very fresh and fun. The last two are the color block side.
View attachment 5582835View attachment 5582836View attachment 5582837View attachment 5582838View attachment 5582839
I hope this helps! The scarf has a charming "Story Behind" and will intrigue fans of the House and lovers of Paris...

regarding last weeks these of inspiration: You almost made me do something stupid and order this scarf because of the gorgeous pink contrast hem and the colors on the "back side". But not liking the other side much the price is too much.
So I went rummaging through my collection and look what I found:

Galaxy, Torana and Toucans:

pink ch 1.jpgpink ch 3.jpgpink ch 2.jpg

For now, this itch is scratched. But if I ever see it at the store I will at least try it on and think about you doing so.
(Do I sound like a stalker when I admit to keeping your photos on my phone for proper reenactment?)

Happy to inspire, dear friend! I love your cw. Here’s mine, which I love, too.
View attachment 5584629
Well-- this is exactly what I am talking about @Karenska-- the inspirational mod shot! Love it always and still.

View attachment 5584674
Ok @Redbirdhermes -- absolutely perfect and I think I need a cobalt blue top too-- what a fantastic pairing with the bright green scarf. I hope you have a shot of it flat? I would love to see it.
What a delightful intro, Xincinsin! This week TWILL be fun :giggle:.
Sure do have some cowboys doing their roundups in Les Mustangs ‘dana. New mini mors on top. Not SOTD but MSOTD (mod shot). Need to post these on the AW threads. View attachment 5584678View attachment 5584679
This design is genius in this format @Karenska! Congratulations. Just amazing on you.
What a wonderful theme Xincinsin! You inspired me to search and find one of the most iconic of summer trades - an Ice Cream Vendor. What would summer be without these tradesmen at the ready with a giant king cone or an ice cream sandwich to perk you up after a day in the sun? View attachment 5584706Here is a vignette from On the Beach. Please excuse the absence of a mode shot with this one today.
Oh as I type this the ice cream truck is warbling down on the beach parking lot. I was given this scarf as a gift and I just love it. I think it is like Exposition Universelle, there is always a new surprise to unpack!
Hermes on the Beach .jpg
regarding last weeks these of inspiration: You almost made me do something stupid and order this scarf because of the gorgeous pink contrast hem and the colors on the "back side". But not liking the other side much the price is too much.
So I went rummaging through my collection and look what I found:

Galaxy, Torana and Toucans:

View attachment 5584795View attachment 5584796View attachment 5584797

For now, this itch is scratched. But if I ever see it at the store I will at least try it on and think about you doing so.
(Do I sound like a stalker when I admit to keeping your photos on my phone for proper reenactment?)
Oh my gosh! I inspired you to shop your closet, find perfect examples of bright pink hems AND save money! I am a bona fide Scarf Saint. :angel: Sisters on two of the three-- your Torana is a beauty I do not have but I am looking at your little tag line and smiling --"just because it is beautiful..." You made my day @HoneyLocks! Stalk away, I know I do...

Well-- this is exactly what I am talking about @Karenska-- the inspirational mod shot! Love it always and still.

Ok @Redbirdhermes -- absolutely perfect and I think I need a cobalt blue top too-- what a fantastic pairing with the bright green scarf. I hope you have a shot of it flat? I would love to see it.

This design is genius in this format @Karenska! Congratulations. Just amazing on you.

Oh as I type this the ice cream truck is warbling down on the beach parking lot. I was given this scarf as a gift and I just love it. I think it is like Exposition Universelle, there is always a new surprise to unpack!
View attachment 5584847

Oh my gosh! I inspired you to shop your closet, find perfect examples of bright pink hems AND save money! I am a bona fide Scarf Saint. :angel: Sisters on two of the three-- your Torana is a beauty I do not have but I am looking at your little tag line and smiling --"just because it is beautiful..." You made my day @HoneyLocks! Stalk away, I know I do...
it is entirely possible that I got the Galaxy because of you
The Torana was a very preloved bargain, I got all the stains out, repaired a pull, it is very soft. You may play with it if you ever come to my region, as you are my scarf saint.

Thank you, LKB. There is a flat shot, as well as a series of posts that I did in Dec. 2020 about elements in this special scarf. Note that the links do go to 4 different posts.

View attachment 5584847

I had the hardest time choosing between the different CWs for On The Beach. This colorway looks really wonderful on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.