Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, let me sayI have appreciated everyone's lovely good wishes and echo the grateful sentiments for this community! :heart: :heart::flowers:
Stepping away from Harvest colors today-- by the evidence of the store and lawn decorations we have skipped straight from Thanksgiving to winter and Christmas! I generally start wearing some of my cooler winter colors and while I don't seem to have a "signature knot" I do love messing around with triangle folds. Here are two easy knots-- a basic cowboy tied underneath with the knot pulled slightly out at top. And the second is a "petite bib" knot from Mai Tai (of course). I did not slip a ring on it, but I did flip it/twist it a few times to make it ruche a bit at the neck. This is a great tie to showcase certain colors/scenes on a design, as you can fold to make things centered, right side up etc...
Jardin de la Maharani
View attachment 5659307
En Liberte! (yes, yes, I got another cw-- ooops-- doing "a thing" as @bunnycat says...)
View attachment 5659305
Lkb, beautiful! And I love your new En L cw.

@LKBNOLA your en liberte is beautiful! So cool how you picked that graphic corner to highlight. Could you possibly share full pics of which ones you have…so far ;) haha.
I am waiting for the aubergine to pop up again. But I do so love how this ties, so would love to see your irl ones beside each other. I can’t tell from modeling pics which colorways they are with this design haha.

I have the habit of purchasing designs that I find really, really super wearable with my wardrobe in two cws-- a dark and a light. This design ties just so fabulously and it goes with everything! So as soon as I received the aubergine En Liberte, I knew I wanted the cream one as well. You can see the blues are so similar but to me the overall mood is different...For @Nomad:
CW 02
En Liberte (02).jpeg
CW 04
En Liberte! (04).jpeg

The no knot has already been shown this week. I rarely tie my moussies as I love how they look draped.

My scarf of the day is Mosaique au 24 mousseline. I did tuck the ends up in back.

View attachment 5659369

And it looks perfect this way Rbh!

SOTd x 2. This am with Les Mustangs bandana in a simple “Boy Scout” knot to have a wonderful Zoom meeting with my niece. Then out for errands in Balade en Berline.
View attachment 5659496View attachment 5659497

I love the colors in the Mustangs bandana! It's got some creamy yellow in it, yes?

I have the habit of purchasing designs that I find really, really super wearable with my wardrobe in two cws-- a dark and a light. This design ties just so fabulously and it goes with everything! So as soon as I received the aubergine En Liberte, I knew I wanted the cream one as well. You can see the blues are so similar but to me the overall mood is different...For @Nomad:
CW 02
View attachment 5659550
CW 04
View attachment 5659547
It's apparent that you needed both color ways :smile:

My cheat code for travelling, now that we are travelling again, is to bring small formats to mix and match. In warm countries, gavs and 70s provide a pop of colour. In colder climates, silk is warm, and if worn close round the neck, can keep out the chill quite well. A simple knot or scarf ring can change up the look.
Picsart_22-11-26_18-21-09-836.jpg
PicsArt_05-07-07.06.11.jpg
H used to produce cashmere-silk scarves in smaller sizes too, and you can find them sometimes on the resale market.
A special edition of Awooooo and a vintage small cashmere MikadoPicsart_22-11-26_18-41-09-168.jpg
Picsart_22-11-26_18-39-55-628.jpg

My cheat code for travelling, now that we are travelling again, is to bring small formats to mix and match. In warm countries, gavs and 70s provide a pop of colour. In colder climates, silk is warm, and if worn close round the neck, can keep out the chill quite well. A simple knot or scarf ring can change up the look.
View attachment 5659687
View attachment 5659688
H used to produce cashmere-silk scarves in smaller sizes too, and you can find them sometimes on the resale market.
A special edition of Awooooo and a vintage small cashmere MikadoView attachment 5659689
View attachment 5659690
This is a brilliant idea @xincinsin! I love the tie in photo #3 and I have never seen that small CS Mikado-- what a perfect travel scarf!

Reactions: xincinsin
My knot today is one I recently learned. It could "knot" be easier and for those of you who like the look of the Friendship knot or the Camellia knot, this is a super easy variation with just a simple scarf ring. I learned it from @primrosecolorbyakiko on Instagram in her tutorial dated 11/03. You can make the knot tighter or looser, higher or lower, tie the tails a second time below the ring or not-- it is very easy and versatile! I believe @Cookiefiend also recently showed this knot with her beautiful Ivresse de l'Infini. Here it is with Flaneries a Versailles:
Flaneries a Versailles  copy.jpg

View attachment 5659687
View attachment 5659688
A special edition of Awooooo and a vintage small cashmere MikadoView attachment 5659689
View attachment 5659690
These are all so wonderful, Xincinsin, and a great idea for traveling. For air travel, I tend to rely on smaller formats, too, because I don’t take a lot of luggage. I would love to find a small format Awooo! And I love how you style your gavs tying two to create one look.

Wonderful both but that bandana... :loveeyes: @Karenska (and thank you!).
Thank you, Lkb, I had already purchased the black and white Mustangs from this season and thought I was done with ‘danas. Then this bleu/jaune showed up and I pounced. I thought I was done again. Then this and well, we all understand :lol:. Hermès Paris Station.
78E5F3BA-6884-4A33-8C71-45BF5B715B33.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.