Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just amazing, Foxy!

Beautiful, bunnycat! I remember there was a CSGM as well?

Thank you Croisette! There was. It's mostly a matter of finding the right color, at the right price and right time....(like when I have spare cash.... :lol: )

Thank you, @bunnycat , for hosting last week's leaping theme. And, welcome @Julide , as the host of this week's Multiples Week. I figured out that you were the Multiples Queen when you admitted to having all of the Tapis Persans. :shocked: I only have three, but they will be coming out this week for sure. This week is sure to be a treat.

I continue my habit of finding a crossover scarf for Sunday that embodies both this week's theme, as well as last week's theme. My SOTD is Tigre Royal Fleuri. I'm wearing the red today, but the navy was one of my early purchases. These two scarves are my first multiples purchase from Hermes.

SOTD in red.

View attachment 5225760

And, here is the navy from earlier this summer.

View attachment 5225761

And they are both beauties on you rbh! Tigre Fleuri is one I still sometimes wish I had gotten!

Continued …
1. Plumes en fete x4 as a part of a group shot when my collection could fit on the bed lol
2. Jungle love love twillies
3. Tree of song twillies
4-6 la danse des amazones.

Just realized am missing space derby but may save that for end of week.
Looking forward to the other multiples this week.
@Julide what about cross format multiples? Such as the 90 and the 140cm versions?
You have built up some serious collection, Foxy! Fabulous!

The white contrast hem is so pretty, this scarf looks lovely on you Karenska!
So many beauties Turnsurf! I loved how you tied Les Biches with the beautiful deer displayed in all its magnificence May I know the name of the design you’re wearing in the preceding picture? (The scarf with the deer and the green border) It’s sooo beautiful.
La Danse is such a gorgeous design Magjes!
Thank you kindly- it is a looker.
Title is Venerie de Princes... mine is jacquard, but there’s also reg. twill out there. ;)

I must find a Les Zebres. asap!
I’ve noticed it popping up on the bay from time to time... happy hunting!

Some of my favorite CSGMs with extra large leapers!
Tyger Tyger
Jaguar Quetzal
Savana Danse
Panthera pardus
View attachment 5225494View attachment 5225495View attachment 5225496View attachment 5225497
oh, so appealing (& apropos sneakers) :heart:

More horses with Couvertures dip dye.View attachment 5225500
Love this design and the soft look of yours (mine are very contrasty... will share this week) ;)

Sliding in here at the last minute with Couvertures et Tenues de Jour Marble bandana, with the horses resting from all the jumping :lol:. Finally the temperatures were perfect for it today!

View attachment 5225532
So very beautiful on you lovely Bunny.
Thanks for hosting a fun-filled week :drinks:

SOTD is Galop Chromatique. I like the pink hues of the greys as it warms the scarf. I usually wear it with a pink coat to make the pink pop.View attachment 5225554
This looks very serene with your charcoal sweater- lovely :girlsigh:

Congrats on your new pink Biches, what a beauty! Love your Zebres as well!
Oh, thank you Croisette every scarf is special, but I was on pins & needles waiting for this one...

with Couvertures CSGM this morning

View attachment 5225631
:eek:Astounding colorway
*Am dying right now... :btdh:

I have been waiting not so patiently for this week to come. Have you ever seen a design where you couldn’t decide which colour to buy? Or one design that got away? Or perhaps a scarf that spoke to you in some other way?

Seduced by silk: Multiples.

I may have been sided tracked once or twice ;)by a design that pulls me in. My first foray into H scarves ended in purchasing multiples of that design. Have you ever been drawn into a design that you “needed”:giggle:more than one? What compels you to buy more than one of the same design? Is there a design you wished you had bought more than one of? Some say there is no other scarves that feel like H scarves or maybe it is the designs or maybe the colours. Forgive my rambling, for me it is the design. Some just grab me and I am in:love: Thank you all for indulging me in one of my weaknesses when it comes to H: Multiples.

Here is a statistical:smartass:breakdown of my collection:
Exactly 60% of my 90’s collection is a multiple.
46.3% of my 140’s collection is multiple. This includes giant silks, mousseline and CSGM
As you can see by the data before you:PI am a little bit fond of multiples:amuse:

This week is going to be filled with scarf eye candy! Fellow scarifies be prepared, rest your eyes...btw did you know that green can be a soothing colour for the eye? Diamond graders usually have a green wall to relax their eyes on. So rest your eyes upon this lush greenery and enjoy this coming week!! :flowers:

View attachment 5225691View attachment 5225692
P.S. I will of course be back soon to share some of my multiples!:flowers:

P.P.S. Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting a fabulous week!!:flowers:
Excellent kick-off Julide- can’t wait to see your many beauties

Ok here we go. I think I got them all except for brides de gala love. Didn’t want to fuss with trying to refold to fit the heart shaped box. If anyone would like to see anything flat, happy to do so!
1. Animapolis
2. Della cavalleria double sided
3. Grand Prix du Faubourg
4. Wild Singapore
5. Under the waves
6. Tea time
7. Ex libris Les Parisiennes plus the original Les Parisiennes
8. Atlantis
9. Grand theatre nouveau
10. Parures de samourais
Continued …
1. Plumes en fete x4 as a part of a group shot when my collection could fit on the bed lol
3. Tree of song twillies

@Julide what about cross format multiples? Such as the 90 and the 140cm versions?
Holy Moley Foxy, these are amazing! :nuts:
I’m loving your obsessions and the colorways you’ve picked look so great on you.

I have several for this week, and they are all 2 word Titles...Is there something psychological there going on???

We'll start with my true love in the cat scarves subset. It was love at first sight for the first colorway I saw so I bought it as soon s I saw it, but then could NOT get the purple colorway out of my head. For EIGHT months...couldn't get it out of my head. Couldn't bring myself to sell the first and get the other, so I called to a boutique to find one (only time I have gone through the trouble of ordering from a boutique over the phone) and still (happily) have 2 (and still search for a larger format that would suit my coloring...)

Jaguar Quetzal. Caramel/Rose colorway. This was the first one I got.

View attachment 5225751

But then the purple one nagged me endlessly....The purple scarves were fantastic that season. Here with the same top because I was trying to decide which one to wear that day.. :lol:

View attachment 5225750

And the purple on in a cowboy Bova knot.

View attachment 5225752
The kitties truly suit you (leo tee is a great find). You wear a Bova cowboy like nobody’s business :tup:

Popping in real quick after an epic game of Hide and Go Seek!
SOTD is Belles du Mexique with its beautiful horse
View attachment 5225158
You look great @Cookiefiend. A little mystified by your scarf, tho...
Two of the "leapers" on Grand Teatre Nouveau. Bought it in the store yesterday - I'm so happy with this cw of GTN! :smile:
View attachment 5225210
View attachment 5225214
I adore this cw @Naessi. It was so hard to choose. This one seems perfect for you...
What did I do? Forget to attach the photo? So sorry. I don’t know why the sweater looks so red. It’s orange-rust.
View attachment 5225315
It looks just as great as you had dreamed of @Karenska! I am so glad it has a forever home with you...
This is the way I wear HS generally, just folded and draped over my shoulders. But I attach little loops of lace seam binding (I'm a sewer) to the collar so it doesn't go flying off. @Croisette7 how do you keep your scarf on?
I would love to know if there is a trick to this look also @eagle1002us -- I usually rely on my jacket to hold the scarf in place and that doesn't always work...
SOTD has what looks like frisking stallions on Courbettes & Cabriolets 1654
View attachment 5225449
View attachment 5225444

From archives- Some leaping horses, hounds & stag on Venerie de Princes
View attachment 5225448
View attachment 5225396

Wanted to also share a few leaping sisters...
Les Biches Sistas w/ @Croisette7 (had damp hair when it arrived, but so excited I whipped it on quick)
View attachment 5225369
My blue Les Zebres to @LKBNOLA ‘s fab’ pink View attachment 5225365
also Les Zebres ll (enlarged detail of LZ)
View attachment 5225368
I adore all of these! Your blue Zebres is TDF, sistah! And @turfnsurf that pink and green is spectacular.
I must find a Les Zebres. asap!

Ballerinas leap high on La Danse.
(even upside down!)
View attachment 5225478
Some of my favorite CSGMs with extra large leapers!
Tyger Tyger
Jaguar Quetzal
Savana Danse
Panthera pardus
View attachment 5225494View attachment 5225495View attachment 5225496View attachment 5225497
I will tune my Scarf Search Superpower to the Les Zebres channel...
Meanwhile, I need to find one of these pretty dancers...
Your big cats are very beautiful @MAGJES and so are your cool Golden Goose (Geese?) :biggrin:
More horses with Couvertures dip dye.View attachment 5225500
Another gorgeous dip-dye @Maedi!
Sliding in here at the last minute with Couvertures et Tenues de Jour Marble bandana, with the horses resting from all the jumping :lol:. Finally the temperatures were perfect for it today!

View attachment 5225532
Perfect scarf and lipstick combo @bunnycat. I need a tutorial for that!
We are twins! It is beautiful on you!
SOTD is Galop Chromatique. I like the pink hues of the greys as it warms the scarf. I usually wear it with a pink coat to make the pink pop.View attachment 5225554
How beautiful @Forever Orange! And I am triplets with you (and probably others here) on Galop Volant. Would love to see yours on!
SOTD is Les bains d’Hermès, with some serious jumping going on.
thank you, Bunnycat, for hosting :flowers: and all of you for delightful scarf candy !:hugs:

View attachment 5225588

View attachment 5225585View attachment 5225586View attachment 5225587
I believe we are twins again @Agrume and how very very clever of you to think of this one with all its adorable and funny examples!
Love this! Was very tempted to buy one on my last boutique visit, but was seduced by something else :angel:
:ty: I only have two twillies @xincinsin and both were purchased this season. New format for me but I just loved this one! I am going to try tying my other Sauvat design with this one-- a look I bookmarked from an earlier post of yours...
@turfnsurf - oh my gosh! I goofed, and I’m so sorry!
@xincinsin is correct, it’s Millefleurs de Mexique.
I really shouldn’t try to post when distracted! :lol:
View attachment 5225628
Thanks for the clarification! I actually pulled out my BdM to check for a mystery horse that I had never noticed :giggle: Whatever it is , Belles or Millefleurs-- no matter, it looks beautiful...
with Couvertures CSGM this morning

View attachment 5225631
Next to your remarkable Bottomless Cabinet of Wonders that houses your collection of amazing scarfs is a parallel magic cabinet that has rack after rack of absolutely perfect jackets @Croisette7!!! Truly beautiful.

Thank you so much @bunnycat for hosting last week and thanks to @Julide for this wonderful intro to what is bound to be an amazing week!
I have been waiting not so patiently for this week to come. Have you ever seen a design where you couldn’t decide which colour to buy? Or one design that got away? Or perhaps a scarf that spoke to you in some other way?

I may have been sided tracked once or twice ;)by a design that pulls me in. My first foray into H scarves ended in purchasing multiples of that design. Have you ever been drawn into a design that you “needed”:giggle:more than one? What compels you to buy more than one of the same design? Is there a design you wished you had bought more than one of? Some say there is no other scarves that feel like H scarves or maybe it is the designs or maybe the colours. Forgive my rambling, for me it is the design. Some just grab me

I may have been sided tracked once or twice ;)by a design that pulls me in. My first foray into H scarves ended in purchasing multiples of that design. Have you ever been drawn into a design that you “needed”:giggle:more than one? What compels you to buy more than one of the same design? Is there a design you wished you had bought more than one of? Some say there is no other scarves that feel like H scarves or maybe it is the designs or maybe the colours. Forgive my rambling, for me it is the design. Some just grab me and I am in:love: Thank you all for indulging me in one of my weaknesses when it comes to H: Multiples.

Here is a statistical:smartass:breakdown of my collection:
Exactly 60% of my 90’s collection is a multiple.
46.3% of my 140’s collection is multiple. This includes giant silks, mousseline and CSGM
As you can see by the data before you:PI am a little bit fond of multiples:amuse:

This week is going to be filled with scarf eye candy! Fellow scarifies be prepared, rest your eyes...btw did you know that green can be a soothing colour for the eye? Diamond graders usually have a green wall to relax their eyes on. So rest your eyes upon this lush greenery and enjoy this coming week!! :flowers:

View attachment 5225691View attachment 5225692
P.S. I will of course be back soon to share some of my multiples!:flowers:

P.P.S. Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting a fabulous week!!:flowers:
Gorgeous photos @Julide. Can't wait to see your offerings...
Continued …
3. Tree of song twillies

Wow @Foxy trini -- what an amazing collection. I can see that we are twins and sisters on many and even on some multiples...
I have several for this week, and they are all 2 word Titles...Is there something psychological there going on???

We'll start with my true love in the cat scarves subset. It was love at first sight for the first colorway I saw so I bought it as soon s I saw it, but then could NOT get the purple colorway out of my head. For EIGHT months...couldn't get it out of my head. Couldn't bring myself to sell the first and get the other, so I called to a boutique to find one (only time I have gone through the trouble of ordering from a boutique over the phone) and still (happily) have 2 (and still search for a larger format that would suit my coloring...)

Jaguar Quetzal. Caramel/Rose colorway. This was the first one I got.

View attachment 5225751

But then the purple one nagged me endlessly....The purple scarves were fantastic that season. Here with the same top because I was trying to decide which one to wear that day.. :lol:

View attachment 5225750

And the purple on in a cowboy Bova knot.

View attachment 5225752
Both are beautiful on you @bunnycat! The reason you articulate (something nagging at you for a looong time) is the reason for my first H multiples...I loved the one I had but couldn't get another cw out of my head...
Thank you, @bunnycat , for hosting last week's leaping theme. And, welcome @Julide , as the host of this week's Multiples Week. I figured out that you were the Multiples Queen when you admitted to having all of the Tapis Persans. :shocked: I only have three, but they will be coming out this week for sure. This week is sure to be a treat.

I continue my habit of finding a crossover scarf for Sunday that embodies both this week's theme, as well as last week's theme. My SOTD is Tigre Royal Fleuri. I'm wearing the red today, but the navy was one of my early purchases. These two scarves are my first multiples purchase from Hermes.

SOTD in red.

View attachment 5225760

And, here is the navy from earlier this summer.

View attachment 5225761
I love both cws @Redbirdhermes -- and that second tie is very cool!
Many apologies will be back to reply and share in a while!:blush:
@Foxy trini Multiples across different formats are most definitely multiples!! :flowers:
My question exactly, @Foxy trini and thanks @Julide!
Jungle love rainbow 90 silk View attachment 5225908
Beautiful, @ivy1026-- I am sisters and this is one of my multiples!

Sorry for the messed-up quotes, everyone! If I am not losing quotes, I am apparently doubling up and somehow muddling up the format...
I have been eyeing this week with a bit of trepidation because until recently I had few multiples and the ones I had were sort of accidental (an "inherited" or gift of a scarf that was a duplicate of one I had). I guess right there is a distinction: duplicate versus multiple. My first actually chosen "multiple" was Parures des Samurois, the scarf that started my road to H Perdition. Since then I have consciously added multiples because (a) I adore the design and "need" another or (b) I bought a cw before I became a collector and have since decided I prefer something else but have not yet parted with the first (this is my Colorway Correction Program CCP). Some of these multiples are in a re-home pile but occasionally are given another chance to audition for a leading role. Sometimes, I buy a multiple because the scarf is an "outfit-maker" and I want to have another cw for a different seasonal look or day/evening etc. So that is my story so far and I am sticking to it! Here is a recent multiple from last season. I traded my blue Selle des Steppes for red/black/blue cw which is much more casual than the black/white/gold one. I wear both quite a bit. (Last tie is @blydia's amazing "rando knot").
Selle des Steppes 3.jpgSelle des Steppes 2.jpgIMG_0259.jpgIMG_0267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.