Scarf design recommendations

HKsai

Jul 24, 2016
Hi fellow TPF ladies and gents!

I’m slowly going out of my comfort zone and buying preloved scarves for designs that I love but didn’t get to buy (since I just somewhat recently got addicted to H).
I’ve been spending hours and hours trying to compile and search for scarves designs from previous seasons that I would be interested to buy secondhand.
I’m looking to you gals/guys for recommendations for popular scarves design in the past and just simply scarves that you would recommend. I love animals (jaguar, tyger), mythical creatures (like Pegase, Phoenix), whimsical (ugo gattoni type), and ethnic design. Here’s a list of scarves and I own and my current wishlist. I would love to hear what lovely past scarf designs that I missed. TIA

My current collection:
Hermès Imprimeur Fou Couvertures d’Ex-Libris 140
Hermès Pirouette Au Galop 140
Hermès Le Pégase d’Hermès au Bloc 140
Hermès Sweet Dreams 100
Hermès Della Cavalleria Favolosa 90
Hermès Jaguar Quetzal 90
Hermès Animapolis 90
Hermès Equateur 90
Hermès The Battery New York 90
Hermès Duels Oniriques 90
Hermès Kawa Ora 90
Hermès Le Grand Prix Du Faubourg 90
Hermès Mythiques Phoenix Tattoo 70
Hermès Un Jardin Sur Le Toit 45
Hermès Chevaux Des Steppes losange

My current wishlist:
Hippopolis
Mythiques Phoenix
Flamingo Party
Savana Dance
La Marche du Zambeze
Under the Waves
Au Coeur de la Vie
Tyger Tyger
C'est La fete
Sous Les Orangers
Sichuan

Last edited:
Appaloosa des Steppes by Alice Shirley. Powerful Central Asian and Native American elements.

I will check it out! I think I’ve seen it in csgm format. I will try to find the 90 for it.

Les Bains d’Hermès by Ugo Gattoni? Love this design, as well as the format and mix (100cm cotton/silk)!

View attachment 4521230

Great collection btw! :tup:

Omg I didn’t know this design was in cotton/silk, one of my favorite blends for the summer. I’m gonna search for a different cw because I have way too many blue scarves...but this might be my favorite

Anything Alice Shirley - check out the thread in the Clubhouse section. How about le songe de Licorne or La dance du cheval Marwari?

Added to my wishlist. I love these two. Lemme see if I can find a colorway that I like online. Thanks!

Reactions: lanit and Angelian

I’m slowly going out of my comfort zone and buying preloved scarves for designs that I love but didn’t get to buy (since I just somewhat recently got addicted to H).
I’ve been spending hours and hours trying to compile and search for scarves designs from previous seasons that I would be interested to buy secondhand.
I’m looking to you gals/guys for recommendations for popular scarves design in the past and just simply scarves that you would recommend. I love animals (jaguar, tyger), mythical creatures (like Pegase, Phoenix), whimsical (ugo gattoni type), and ethnic design. Here’s a list of scarves and I own and my current wishlist. I would love to hear what lovely past scarf designs that I missed. TIA

My current collection:
Hermès Sweet Dreams 100
Hermès Jaguar Quetzal 90
Hermès Animapolis 90
Hermès Equateur 90
Hermès Kawa Ora 90

My current wishlist:
Hippopolis
Mythiques Phoenix
Flamingo Party
Savana Dance
La Marche du Zambeze
Under the Waves
Au Coeur de la Vie
Tyger Tyger
C'est La fete
Sous Les Orangers
Sichuan

How about some resellers sites?:flowers:I know you can contact them and give them a wish list and they will get back to you. Best of luck!!:flowers:

https://www.vintage-hermes-scarf.com/

https://poupishop.com/

https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/

Reactions: Lejic and Julide
Just another quick question. Should I still go through the authentication process if I were to purchase scarves from these websites?

It is up to you.:flowers:You must feel comfortable with purchasing on the secondary market. It can be daunting to start vintage scarf hunting.

The first website, ( vintage Hermès scarf) the lady who owns it does authentications on the authentic this scarf thread. The other websites I had listed are also apart of a list of trusted resellers.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-master-list-of-brick-and-mortar-com-resellers.42499/

Apologies I did not link this thread before.:flowers:Best of luck!!

It is up to you.:flowers:You must feel comfortable with purchasing on the secondary market. It can be daunting to start vintage scarf hunting.

The first website, ( vintage Hermès scarf) the lady who owns it does authentications on the authentic this scarf thread. The other websites I had listed are also apart of a list of trusted resellers.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-master-list-of-brick-and-mortar-com-resellers.42499/

Apologies I did not link this thread before.:flowers:Best of luck!!
You have been wonderfully helpful! It’s just my newbie self venturing into scarf collecting and not knowing a lot (plus some anxiety).

My current collection:
Hermès Sweet Dreams 100
Hermès Jaguar Quetzal 90
Hermès Animapolis 90
Hermès Equateur 90
Hermès Kawa Ora 90

My current wishlist:
Hippopolis
Mythiques Phoenix
Flamingo Party
Savana Dance
La Marche du Zambeze
Under the Waves
Au Coeur de la Vie
Tyger Tyger
C'est La fete
Sous Les Orangers
Sichuan

Fun question, and I can’t wait to read the responses you get. Two iconic patterns I would suggest just for some history and gravitas in your collection are: Jumping by Philippe Ledoux from !971, a gorgeous classic—because Ledoux was an amazing illustrator and had such a huge impact on H and future designers; and Les Cles by Caty Latham first issued in 1965. When I bought my first scarf, I was told by an ancient H SA that Les Cles in pink was often the “first scarf” for many young French girls. :smile: Sweet idea.

Fun question, and I can’t wait to read the responses you get. Two iconic patterns I would suggest just for some history and gravitas in your collection are: Jumping by Philippe Ledoux from !971, a gorgeous classic—because Ledoux was an amazing illustrator and had such a huge impact on H and future designers; and Les Cles by Caty Latham first issued in 1965. When I bought my first scarf, I was told by an ancient H SA that Les Cles in pink was often the “first scarf” for many young French girls. :smile: Sweet idea.
What classic pieces!!!!

I added ex libris en kimonos and turandot to my wishlist as well!

I hope you don't mind that I am jumping in on this. I too am brand new to collecting. So far I only have 2 scarves but I know I'll catch up!

Has anyone in the group bought from an auction? Can you assume things sold in an auction are authentic? For instance I was thinking of bidding on this Les Cles scarf.

https://auctions.chiswickauctions.c...-details/34458d73-e5b6-4ed9-9cb1-aa9d00a66b8b
As far as I know it’s ‘Buyer Beware’ at auctions, ie no guarantee things are what they seem.
I wouldn’t bid myself unless I could go in person to check it out ; I can’t imagine that this auction house has an in depth knowledge of Hermès .
These old classics are very easy to find for modest prices on resale sites and E*** , where you have some recourse should there be a problem

Reactions: lanit and Julide