Scarves Scarf Anomalies / Errors - Distinctive Differences from the usual Hermès product

Notorious Pink

Hermès PurseBlogger!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
I thought it would be a good idea to start a database of scarf “errors” “mistakes” or just, ahem, creative differences on some of the usual scarf products - different or unusual tags relevant to that year, scarves that may not have a name or a signature printed on it, printing errors, etc. (mods please move if this is a duplicate or in the wrong place)

I thought I would start this off with a purchase I made YESTERDAY - a pair of the new Jungle Love Love twillies. Tbh, I had several opportunities to buy them online, but passed until I went to my boutique and my SA had actually been holding a pair for me in black. So I took them home. The first thing I usually do when I purchase something new from H is to take pictures of it. That’s when I noticed the issue...

I photograph the front first - for twillies, that’s with the tag side in.

5BBBEDCB-2D37-44EF-9CFC-66E75EEE4A20.jpeg

And that’s when I saw this...

525139FA-6268-482A-A705-FA59682946B2.jpeg

...the copyright symbol. On the front. I’ve never seen the copyright symbol on the front of the twillies. And where is the “Hermès Paris”, which is usually at the bottom of the front of every Twilly? I flipped it over to the back...

77E4E22D-DA00-468D-BAA2-1FFF048EC5F2.jpeg

...yup, it’s on the back. And then if you look at the actual design. Well, the top of the leopard part on the front looks correct...

798AFBF9-0685-467C-A6F5-C19C18124202.jpeg

The top of the back looks like the back...

4A08F47D-45D5-42C9-B4AB-8A3F67D123F0.jpeg

But compare the bottom of the front (with half a bird!)

96BA15B0-E222-429F-B570-DACFCD9E8901.jpeg

to the bottom of the back, with more color and the Hermès Paris

8CDD071E-E66C-4ED4-B74C-DBAE0343F7DB.jpeg

So is the tag on the wrong side of the Twilly??? Or was there a mistake with the printing - shouldn’t the front look like this?

top:

B4B9FB63-CE92-4524-AC71-33A907AC9BFE.jpeg

ACD86B5D-34C0-4077-9BFB-C8867C0ECBED.jpeg

I thought it would be a good idea to start a database of scarf “errors” “mistakes” or just, ahem, creative differences on some of the usual scarf products - different or unusual tags relevant to that year, scarves that may not have a name or a signature printed on it, printing errors, etc. (mods please move if this is a duplicate or in the wrong place)

I thought I would start this off with a purchase I made YESTERDAY - a pair of the new Jungle Love Love twillies. Tbh, I had several opportunities to buy them online, but passed until I went to my boutique and my SA had actually been holding a pair for me in black. So I took them home. The first thing I usually do when I purchase something new from H is to take pictures of it. That’s when I noticed the issue...

View attachment 4660389

View attachment 4660390

...the copyright symbol. On the front. I’ve never seen the copyright symbol on the front of the twillies. And where is the “Hermès Paris”, which is usually at the bottom of the front of every Twilly? I flipped it over to the back...

View attachment 4660391

...yup, it’s on the back. And then if you look at the actual design. Well, the top of the leopard part on the front looks correct...

View attachment 4660392

View attachment 4660396

View attachment 4660393

View attachment 4660395

So is the tag on the wrong side of the Twilly??? Or was there a mistake with the printing - shouldn’t the front look like this?

top:

View attachment 4660397

View attachment 4660398

I noticed that too! Mostly the cats, copyright and the name issue. So strange! Yes to me the cat faces should be on front, and so should the name plus the full bird (lol). This is the first time I’ve ever seen a twilly copyright on front too.

Reactions: Notorious Pink
I can easily believe that this is a mistake, but I am also curious if twillies have gone more towards being quite more double-sided than ever before. I got curious and took off the one I had around my Kelly’s handles on the train, hence the weird photos :smile: this is the Savana Dance — I don’t remember what side had the tag on, but without looking for the copyright (on the more orange side) and the Hermes Paris (on the more purple side), I wouldn’t know what the front and the back are meant or be. They are both quite self-sufficient designs to me. So maybe that’s part of it?

Attachments

• EEC87C60-5221-4937-B33B-0274ADD0D60C.jpeg
    EEC87C60-5221-4937-B33B-0274ADD0D60C.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 8BB24692-D0E2-4F3A-BCFE-02754DD47CC1.jpeg
    8BB24692-D0E2-4F3A-BCFE-02754DD47CC1.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 216
I think they do mean for them to be double-sided, but this is the first time I’ve seen one with the copyright up front (and right in the middle of that half) and the Hermès-Paris on the back. Also, it’s always clear from the design which side is the front because the design wraps around the Twilly (hence we’ve got a “bird butt” on the front of this one, its head is on the other side!)

this is what, just in my opinion, it should look like:

F8BBA928-39E4-484A-8404-B9A40C3AD5FB.jpeg

I got mine online in early January with exact cw twilly and noticed the same. It had me thinking it’s a bit weird but then thought H is probably going for a double sided/mirror image, so I never really thought much further into it, but I like your inquisitive mind NP!

View attachment 4660389

View attachment 4660390

View attachment 4660391

View attachment 4660392

View attachment 4660396

View attachment 4660393

View attachment 4660395

top:

View attachment 4660397

View attachment 4660398

It's like weird 'spot the mistake' game. I think twillies can handle this anomaly as they could be considered double-sided. It is odd though. Very pretty twillies.

A few years ago there were 2 versions of the all-silk CDC 140s green/pink cw. Everything was the same but one part of the scarf had brighter pink v lighter pink. We (my collector friends an I) questioned it and head office was but the message came back that there was nothing wrong. My friend returned hers as she didn't want to get stuck with a scarf that potential buyers would question in the future. We know 100% that H had sold the lighter pink version earlier.

H is now such a huge and fast run business there are bound to be mistakes sometimes.

I got mine online in early January with exact cw twilly and noticed the same. It had me thinking it’s a bit weird but then thought H is probably going for a double sided/mirror image, so I never really thought much further into it, but I like your inquisitive mind NP!
Thanks!!!

It's like weird 'spot the mistake' game. I think twillies can handle this anomaly as they could be considered double-sided. It is odd though. Very pretty twillies.

A few years ago there were 2 versions of the all-silk CDC 140s green/pink cw. Everything was the same but one part of the scarf had brighter pink v lighter pink. We (my collector friends an I) questioned it and head office was but the message came back that there was nothing wrong. My friend returned hers as she didn't want to get stuck with a scarf that potential buyers would question in the future. We know 100% that H had sold the lighter pink version earlier.

H is now such a huge and fast run business there are bound to be mistakes sometimes.
Oh, absolutely. Interesting is that I posted about this on my IG and not people are checking theirs - I have to add, it’s not a printing error, I think something got switched when they were developing the design.

Reactions: papertiger