SAs foaming at the mouth.

butitigress

Oct 13, 2008
I have a bit of an issue.

I'm a compulsive peeker. In other words, when I go shopping, I'll go into the same store about five times to try on the same bag before I decide to buy it. In this case, I'd only been in twice before these SAs had soured.

Anyways, the SAs at my local mall are quite... well, at first they were bullies. "Oh, you like both of the Sabrinas? Then just buy both! You don't want to buy both? Buy the more expensive one. You can't turn it down. You just can't. You're turning it down? Oh. You want to come back another day... Well, that's just..."

Now every time I enter my local Coach boutique I get a combination death glare, foaming at the mouth, and fist-clenching-at-the-hips. They like... hate me. And I just want to go try on a different size of the bag to see if a different size would be better, but they're practically snarling at me.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to order by phone or online, because I want to know how the fit is first and I would just feel more comfortable buying in the store, but they're just SO UNFRIENDLY.

Wow. You have every right to try on bags 843 times and never buy a single one.

Honestly, if there were another boutique near me I'd probably tell them that they make your shopping experience extremely uncomfortable and that you WILL be buying a Coach bag...elsewhere.

I'd also write a letter to corporate about the particular SAs (if you have names, even better) in this store.

Some SAs are rude and I have found some downright NOSY! They ask way too many questions, SOME PERSONAL-I hate that!!!! I am there to focus and contemplate my purchase- I WISH THEY WOULD TALK ONLY WHEN THEY ARE SPOKEN TO!

if the bags you want are already displayed and you don't need their help, i would just tell them firmly that "i'd like to look around by myself, thank you very much."

if you have no choice but to interact with them, because you need them to bring out bags not on display, and if they are still bullying you, i would take out a notepad, ask them for their full names and write them down slowly and deliberately as they watch. then smile, say thank you and walk out.

after that it is up to you to complain formally.

My SAs are great (southdale mn w00t hehe)

I'm sorry you're not having the same exp. are there any other boutiques in the area you could go to instead? or maybe dept stores that carry coach?

I would let them know that you will not be buying from them, and go down to macy's or something to get your bag!

I hate that.. I was looking at the black sabrina and julianne and the SA thought I wanted to buy it right there.. I was " Hey! Slow down!" "I am still trying to decided and I probably wont be buying today anyway"

if the bags you want are already displayed and you don't need their help, i would just tell them firmly that "i'd like to look around by myself, thank you very much."

if you have no choice but to interact with them, because you need them to bring out bags not on display, and if they are still bullying you, i would take out a notepad, ask them for their full names and write them down slowly and deliberately as they watch. then smile, say thank you and walk out.

I agree Jessica, I think it is better to try on a hundred bags a hundred times than to buy and return over and over again. Buy what you love when your ready don't let anyone bully you its your hard earned money.:yes:

ITA!!! :tup: