$$$ Sales and Deals on YSL items! $$$

Hi! I got today this grey medium envelope bag with silver hardware and the YSL logo is not shiny, it is kind of blurry, like slightly oxidized. The hardware of the top is also not shiny. Is this normal for silver hardware? Thanks in advance for your help, I am not sure if I should return it

Attachments

• E986595E-342E-4192-A8D2-72841FB41EA6.jpeg
    E986595E-342E-4192-A8D2-72841FB41EA6.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 33
  • 20E1B07F-28FA-4E34-A218-DF31A532E3E1.jpeg
    20E1B07F-28FA-4E34-A218-DF31A532E3E1.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 32
  • E771B539-1421-4DD1-B3BB-1D1AA5DF883F.jpeg
    E771B539-1421-4DD1-B3BB-1D1AA5DF883F.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 28
Hi! I got today this grey medium envelope bag with silver hardware and the YSL logo is not shiny, it is kind of blurry, like slightly oxidized. The hardware of the top is also not shiny. Is this normal for silver hardware? Thanks in advance for your help, I am not sure if I should return it

Hi, i have a bag with silver hardware and all of it is shiny.

It depends on the style. Several pieces are labelled on the YSL website as having "antiqued nickle hardware". This looks like the antiqued nickle hardware to me. I actually prefer this hardware as it tones the hardware down, and also hides scratches really well.

It depends on the style. Several pieces are labelled on the YSL website as having "antiqued nickle hardware". This looks like the antiqued nickle hardware to me. I actually prefer this hardware as it tones the hardware down, and also hides scratches really well.
Hmmm you think? I bought it on ssense, in the description it says only silver-tone. I had an antiqued nickel hardware in a college bag years ago and it was much more tarnished than this one. I don’t know what to do…

Attachments

• 3877A72D-8C43-4624-AF15-A081ED35A2DF.png
    3877A72D-8C43-4624-AF15-A081ED35A2DF.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 47
Hmmm you think? I bought it on ssense, in the description it says only silver-tone. I had an antiqued nickel hardware in a college bag years ago and it was much more tarnished than this one. I don’t know what to do…
Ssense lists all antiqued hardware as silver hardware. It was a frustrating experience when I was trying to buy my YSL belt from them. I had to look at several different internet sources to see if I was actually buying the one with antiqued nickle hardware. I wanted antiqued nickle hardware, not silver hardware. Thankfully it was the antiqued one. Same thing happened with my YSL card holder from ssense, also listed as "silver hardware".

The antiqued hardware that you have on yours looks like the antiqued hardware on my bags and belts. It isn't heavily aged. It just looks like dulled silver. I just got a brand new YSL Rive Gauche tote that has much more antiqued hardware than the other men's pieces that I have, so I guess it isn't always consistent (depends on the design).

Hi, I just searched YouTube and I believe she has the same bag. However, her YSL logo looks quite shiny. Maybe you could check in store and see if they are all like that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gina88
Ssense lists all antiqued hardware as silver hardware. It was a frustrating experience when I was trying to buy my YSL belt from them. I had to look at several different internet sources to see if I was actually buying the one with antiqued nickle hardware. I wanted antiqued nickle hardware, not silver hardware. Thankfully it was the antiqued one. Same thing happened with my YSL card holder from ssense, also listed as "silver hardware".

The antiqued hardware that you have on yours looks like the antiqued hardware on my bags and belts. It isn't heavily aged. It just looks like dulled silver. I just got a brand new YSL Rive Gauche tote that has much more antiqued hardware than the other men's pieces that I have, so I guess it isn't always consistent (depends on the design).

Thanks so much for your answer. I think you’re right. I’m looking at other silver hardware SL bags on Fashionphile and I see that some of them have the same dull silver.

Reactions: averagejoe
I see….yes, the YSL on this one is super shiny…thanks for the video. Maybe they made these bags in different hardware materials?
Yes there are women's bags with shiny SHW and antiqued SHW, depending on the design. The SHW in the video is the silver that I don't want my bags to have because it is much flashier for YSL (which I associate with more antiqued and rocker looks), and shows scratches easily.

Reactions: _vee and Gina88
hi ladies, any of you based in sydney australia? Can you please help a girl out?

I've got my eye on the cassandra mini nubuk bag, its beautiful

can't get it online, it says 'find in store' and you have to be in their database to get one :sad: please help!!

The silver hardware of the petrol green mini camera bag i got from the ysl sale is like yours. A bit rustic, not shiny. The gold hardware of the burgundy becky also has a similar finish. I think this is the style of the season or batch. Best to check with ysl for clarity on metal types.

20210611_011601.jpg

20210611_011742.jpg

20210611_013813.jpg

Reactions: Gina88 and _vee