Sale/ Quality Issues

Twinkabelle

May 6, 2012
TPFers.

I apologise in advance but a rant is about to follow.

I mentioned on the sale thread that I ordered a hetty hobo and purse, which were both delivered damaged. They were collected this morning.

I ordered an OS SS Alexa which arrived this morning as I left for work. I was really excited to open it up when I got back and at first it all looked fine. I took out the paper stuffing and closed the flap, only to notice that the flap is a good inch shorter on one side compared to the other.

I've phoned CS who advised me to buy another one while the refund of this Alexa is processed but £2500 has gone out of my account to mulberry since Christmas Eve and to be honest, I don't have the funds to spare another £650 for 7-10 days while they process refunds. Mulberry can't guarantee stock levels while the refund is done so I may well not get the Alexa I wanted after all. I'm unsure about ordering another SS Alexa.

I've recently qualified in my job after 7 years of hard work and I wanted to buy something nice for myself to mark it. I'm so so disappointed.

Any advice, other than writing to CS (already done)?

X

Why do you have to buy another? Surely if you have informed them and you want a replacement they should let you go to your nearest store, take back the faulty one and let you pick a new one???

Why do you have to buy another? Surely if you have informed them and you want a replacement they should let you go to your nearest store, take back the faulty one and let you pick a new one???
Good point! The CS girl I spoke to said to buy another while they refund this one in case they sell out in the meantime. I live in Bham, and there isn't a standalone M store here (hence shopped online), but there is a concession is House of Fraser, which is apparently a Mulberry owned concession, rather than being HoF owned (like the Selfridges concessions).

HoF doesn't have the OS Petrol Alexa anyway. I went in today. :sad:

That's a pity you nearest store doesn't have one. But Mulberry could dispatch a couple to the store so you can pick the best one. They could contact the store giving your details, you take a code that is only for you and sort things quickly.