Saks Fifth / First (Loyalty Points) - Discontinues in Canada - TERRIBLE PHONE CS

j3nn52

Aug 21, 2017
Hello fellow Canadians,

I received noticed from Saks Fifth Avenue by letter that their credit card issued by Capital One, will be discontinued effective Dec 29, 2020. In addition, the loyalty point system, SaksFirst, will be discontinued. Any points 3,500 (equiv to $35 CAD gift card) will be issued a gift card by mail.

I was reviewing my latest credit card statement where I discovered my loyalty points was 0. This was alarming given I had over $100+ cad worth of points.

Just wanted to point out that Saks Fifth x Capital One customer service is messed up. Been on the phone for 2+ hours and been switched around with multiple tiers and numbers.

Has anyone been able to connect with Saks Fifth Rewards Canada?

Situation:
Called Capital One's cc number at 1-855-725-7222 from the statement where they do not support Canadian accounts. Was transferred to 1-844-257-4537 where they look after only Capital One accounts for Canadians. For rewards, they provided me with 1-844-257-4537 which 3x phone reps have stated they look after Saks Rewards (Canada accounts) from 4537 number. I called them and they say they only look after Rewards for USA not Canada. Got transferred again to 1-800-844-8131 which turned out to be Hudson's Bay Rewards system which of course does not have access to my Saks rewards.

If Saks introduces a new credit card / rewards system, I am not going to be participating it. That is if they're going to survive this pandemic.