Saks Fifth Avenue -NYC5th Ave store- boarded up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2007
The images of seeing SFA boarded up, with barb wiring under this looting situation is really very disturbing.
There are security people as well as security dogs that will be standing guard over the store.
When I saw images of the "barbed wire" I thought we were in a different country, not the savvy & cultural
NYC.. extraordinarily sad seeing images of looted businesses & offices all over this country

It is very sad that the msg can get lost with the actions of the looters. Racism is never ok, and the family of Mr Floyd said they are peaceful people and urged the looting and destruction to stop. Sadly, there are people who take advantage of the chaos to destroy other people’s property. The ones who get impacted the most are small businesses. But still, I don’t think that it is ok to destroy even big companies. Employees will be affected, and that casts a bad shadow on the original issue, that racism and police brutality is not ok.

It is very sad that the msg can get lost with the actions of the looters. Racism is never ok, and the family of Mr Floyd said they are peaceful people and urged the looting and destruction to stop. Sadly, there are people who take advantage of the chaos to destroy other people’s property. The ones who get impacted the most are small businesses. But still, I don’t think that it is ok to destroy even big companies. Employees will be affected, and that casts a bad shadow on the original issue, that racism and police brutality is not ok.

We live in a biased world & sadly many innocent people will suffer & struggle not only with the death of
Mr. Floyd but the destruction of businesses & their livelihood has been damaged beyond repair
in many cases
Compounded by corona all over the world, the looting that has taken place doesn't give the right opportunity
for the message to get across...racism & brutality by the police will not be tolerated & it
is heart breaking to see all of this
I'm hoping that all of this won't be put on a back burner when this situation starts to calm down
& that many will continue to be pro-active through PSA's etc

Last edited:
There is no relation between rasist and robbing free Lv and chanel because in normal situation you cant afford one. Too much freedom in America

LV & Chanel were amongst "many high end shops that were looted including many mom & pop small stores
that likely will not recover" & the vandalism & vulgarity of words spray painted, cars set on fire, etc
will not be tolerated.
Most people that can't afford a designer bag of their dreams do not resort to robbing
Freedom is what sets us apart from the rest of the world& gives many an opportunity
to do what they can't do in their own country...
Racism has been around for too long.. we need to EDUCATE people & keep this momentum going..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.