Saint Laurent's Subtle New Look - SS19

Why aren’t they allowed ? Logo YSL is Yves Saint Laurent
The logo belongs to the company copyright but the name Yves belongs to the person so they had to drop Yves and they just use Saint Laurent now on boxes, dustbags, and marketing. A lot of companies that sell YSL have reverted to Saint Laurent instead. It has to do with litigation and his exit, just Google the brand history if you're interested. imo the Y will eventually leave the logo as people get used to Saint Laurent more and more.

The logo belongs to the company copyright but the name Yves belongs to the person so they had to drop Yves and they just use Saint Laurent now on boxes, dustbags, and marketing. A lot of companies that sell YSL have reverted to Saint Laurent instead. It has to do with litigation and his exit, just Google the brand history if you're interested. imo the Y will eventually leave the logo as people get used to Saint Laurent more and more.
Interesting....thanks a lot for the information.....I was following it all my life until Slimane changed it in every way and lost me....except for great advertizing campaigns. I know that originally Yves called the house Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, but I never knew why was Yves omitted once was established as YSL I still have many Y-mail items and belle de jour items with that great logo, and will cherish them, as well as Yves’ besace , which he designed for himself

Reactions: ccbaggirl89