Saint Laurent YSL Kate Thread

Hi! I am currently debating between the mini Gucci Dionysus in the classic print or the medium YSL Kate (w/o) tassel in a light pink/blush color with SHW.

I already have a woc Gucci Dionysus, and would love the mini since it’ll fit a bit more. The only issue I have with the YSL is the color. I mostly wear black/neutrals, and my skin is tan :/. What would you guys suggest?

I know this is a YSL thread, but any suggestions would help! :smile:

Hi! I am currently debating between the mini Gucci Dionysus in the classic print or the medium YSL Kate (w/o) tassel in a light pink/blush color with SHW.

I already have a woc Gucci Dionysus, and would love the mini since it’ll fit a bit more. The only issue I have with the YSL is the color. I mostly wear black/neutrals, and my skin is tan :/. What would you guys suggest?

I know this is a YSL thread, but any suggestions would help! :smile:
Difficult choice. What makes your heart sing? I personally love the medium kate and happy that I bought one in light grey color with shw. But might not be practical for darker outfits. I have not had it long enough to test color transfer but I wear safer clothes with it. The design is classic yet elegant and can be both dressed down or up. Can you get it in other colors like brown, black, caramel, blue or dark grey? I think light pink will work with neutrals too. I find the dionysus to be a fashionable piece rather than a classic. But I could be wrong. :smile:

20210305_174142.jpg

Reactions: Elena S
Difficult choice. What makes your heart sing? I personally love the medium kate and happy that I bought one in light grey color with shw. But might not be practical for darker outfits. I have not had it long enough to test color transfer but I wear safer clothes with it. The design is classic yet elegant and can be both dressed down or up. Can you get it in other colors like brown, black, caramel, blue or dark grey? I think light pink will work with neutrals too. I find the dionysus to be a fashionable piece rather than a classic. But I could be wrong. :smile:

View attachment 5021527

I’m getting it from a consignment store, so don’t have the option for a darker color. But I think I’ll stick with the pink, since I it does look classier! Thank you for your input! :smile:

I looked up pictures with people modeling light pink color bags, and I feel better about the color now! The woc dionysus I have already will probably be my everyday bag, then the Kate bag will be an occasional bag (depending on the colors I’m wearing!)

Reactions: luvleeness
I thought I wanted the Large Kate but after seeing that photo of Malin Akerman, it looks like the large is longer and not necessarily wider. In that case, I think I may want the medium now. Does anyone have both or just the large to help provide some insight?

Hi everyone! I'm considering getting a medium Kate tassel in blanc vintage with GHW -- I think the combo is stunning with the grained leather!
1618203056858.png

My main concern is that I've heard the gold tarnishes especially on the tassel, but that the hardware improved after 2017/18.

Can anyone with a post-2017/18 Kate with GHW share their experience with the hardware and glazing? I love the double strap look but am worried it will dent the glazing as well.

Many thanks in advance, lovelies :heart:

I’m getting it from a consignment store, so don’t have the option for a darker color. But I think I’ll stick with the pink, since I it does look classier! Thank you for your input! :smile:

I looked up pictures with people modeling light pink color bags, and I feel better about the color now! The woc dionysus I have already will probably be my everyday bag, then the Kate bag will be an occasional bag (depending on the colors I’m wearing!)
That's wonderful. Glad it worked out. Any pictures? By the way, since you are getting it from a consignment store, be sure to ask for the original receipt (from YSL or the authorized reseller that originally sold the bag). YSL only entertains customer service claims (repairs, alterations) if original receipt is provided. Otherwise, you are on your own. Learned this the hard way.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone happen to know where is serial number of YSL Kate Tassel Wallet on chain locate in the bag ?
I’m selling my bag but have trouble finding it (I don’t even know if there is one for this bag).

Attachments

• 7584276C-EC38-4779-8CFF-1BD98D588D56.jpeg
    7584276C-EC38-4779-8CFF-1BD98D588D56.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 19
Oh gosh, all of you made me want a YSL Kate even more.... I don't own any night bags since I am in love with cute, practical bags (I fell in love with Neo Noe, for example). But... One nice night bag is a must I think and I don't really see myself going out for dinner with my Neo Noe bag :biggrin: The Kate is reaaaally cute and quite practical, so I am thinking about it for my next purchase. In neutral beige/pink (I don't know how to decribe the color) with the Pompom. I still don't know if I take the small or medium size and if I choose the embossed croco like one of grained leather. I think the croco like one would definitely dress up my outfit since I tend to wear simple things. Now I feel like buying a new bad is an adventure ! I just hope I won't fall for a Tess Day Chloe bag before.... (Yeah, I got a thing for day bags uh...):angel:

Thought I would share my reversible Kate from the ysl sale in this thread. It’s corduroy suede/smooth leather in forest green, and I just fell for it :heart:

B97BDEE5-0295-4701-8F82-9DE451902AC0.jpeg

I don’t have a regular Kate so don’t know how it compares irl. It’s definitely more casual but still elegant in its own way. I’m just waiting for a bag organizer and less rainy weather so I can wear it without damage!

Does anyone else have this bag?

P.S. Plumedurenard I’m with you, ready to buy something glam but easily distracted by casual bags! When it’s time that will be a fun shopping project, which hopefully will keep me focused (sale season ending will also be helpful haha).

This is on my wish list. It's so classic and timeless that I think it may become a collector's item like the Chanel flap if the croc leather manages to age well.

Attachments

• ysl kate croc black medium.jpeg
    ysl kate croc black medium.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Miss World