Saint Laurent YSL Kate Thread

Hi all! I've been lusting after the Kate small tassel or Kate tassel WOC in a nude or dark beige color ever since I was a young, broke teen and I'm finally at a point in my life where I can splurge on it! Unfortunately I can't seem to find this style and size variation in this color anywhere! Does anyone know where I might be able to find either? Does YSL typically have cycles of when they offer these bags in a nude color? If helpful, I prefer to purchase new because I am very picky about how I like to upkeep expensive bags lol. I have maybe a slight preference for the WOC because I want it to be a bit flatter against my body, but small would be fine too!

Hi all! I've been lusting after the Kate small tassel or Kate tassel WOC in a nude or dark beige color ever since I was a young, broke teen and I'm finally at a point in my life where I can splurge on it! Unfortunately I can't seem to find this style and size variation in this color anywhere! Does anyone know where I might be able to find either? Does YSL typically have cycles of when they offer these bags in a nude color? If helpful, I prefer to purchase new because I am very picky about how I like to upkeep expensive bags lol. I have maybe a slight preference for the WOC because I want it to be a bit flatter against my body, but small would be fine too!
Congrats! They usually have a nude color every season. I love that about SL! They have the best neutrals!

Did a quick Google search. Found the Kate tassel WOC on FWRD and Net-a-Porter in a "nude/tan" color (not sure of the exact SL color name). Both are very reputable sites. Think they both have a first time customer code, but you'll have to check the exclusions to see if the discount applies to SL. Happy shopping!

FWRD
Net-a-Porter

Congrats! They usually have a nude color every season. I love that about SL! They have the best neutrals!

Did a quick Google search. Found the Kate tassel WOC on FWRD and Net-a-Porter in a "nude/tan" color (not sure of the exact SL color name). Both are very reputable sites. Think they both have a first time customer code, but you'll have to check the exclusions to see if the discount applies to SL. Happy shopping!

FWRD
Net-a-Porter

Thanks so much, thundercloud!! I'll be sure to check the two sites out. Yes, I love their neutrals :heart: I favor neutrals that have a slight blush/taupe undertone to them and YSL has the perfect blend of those colors! So excited to finally be part of the Purseforum YSL community :biggrin:

Reactions: thundercloud
Thanks so much, thundercloud!! I'll be sure to check the two sites out. Yes, I love their neutrals :heart: I favor neutrals that have a slight blush/taupe undertone to them and YSL has the perfect blend of those colors! So excited to finally be part of the Purseforum YSL community :biggrin:
I love SL nudes too! Excited for you! Can't wait to see what you end up getting!

Hey guys! Got these two Kates today and wanna share some photos! :angel:
One is small with tri-colored hardware (gold/rose gold/silver) and the other one medium black on black. I didn’t notice that the small one was smooth leather (I wanted it in grained only) plus, even though beautiful, I’m afraid it’s a bit too small for my needs.

Here are photos of both of them and mod shots with black on black one! :love:
View attachment 4965795View attachment 4965796View attachment 4965797View attachment 4965798View attachment 4965799View attachment 4965800
The tri-color is actually also gorgeous, but I can’t keep both! :yucky:
View attachment 4965802View attachment 4965803View attachment 4965804
Congratulations on these beauties. I agree, the tri-colour metal logo is absolutely stunning. Did you decide if you are going to keep them?

Congratulations on these beauties. I agree, the tri-colour metal logo is absolutely stunning. Did you decide if you are going to keep them?
I kept the medium one - black on black looks so cool, plus it’s more spacious (could hardly fit anything in the small one). And as I said earlier I missed the fact that the small Kate was smooth leather, I wanted it in grained.

Reactions: thundercloud
Hi all, I was wondering what people’s thoughts were on which leather to choose? I’m looking at the medium Kate in black with GHW, with the tassel, as my first YSL bag but I’m so torn between the grain leather and the shiny black croc leather. Does one wear better than the other over time?
Also, I’ve seen old matte croc versions on this bag but I don’t think YSL do them in the matte anymore - what are people’s thoughts of the matte croc vs shiny croc? Thanks!

I'm thinking my next bag will be a medium Kate in black with GHW, but I'm torn because I also think the black hardware is so cool and unique. However, I would want to use this for weddings/events/nights out in a post-Covid world and I'm worried the black hardware makes the bag too casual. Can anyone who has either of these bags comment on what they use them for?

I'm thinking my next bag will be a medium Kate in black with GHW, but I'm torn because I also think the black hardware is so cool and unique. However, I would want to use this for weddings/events/nights out in a post-Covid world and I'm worried the black hardware makes the bag too casual. Can anyone who has either of these bags comment on what they use them for?
The black hardware will definitely work for events/nights out, but not sure about weddings though...

Reactions: Pole_rose
I have a small Kate in black with ghw. It is a bit tight for what I like to carry inside a bag but the small size seemed to suit my frame better than the medium when I tried them on in store. If there had been a size in between the small and medium that would have been ideal. I would use the bag for dressy events and sometimes also for casual outings.

Hi there. I bought a new medium kate in granite grey from a lux consignment boutique. The tag says it was bought from Neiman Marcus with the original price being $1990. Date code is 0919. Everything looks alright but I noticed that the chain is twisted a bit. I can't get it to straighten. Are yours the same? If I fix it from the top, the chain near the buckle/connecter becomes twisted and vice versa.

Would love to see your kates in action :smile: It would be even more perfect with 4 grommets so that the side glazing on the flap won't wear as much. I don't recommend wearing it double strap because of this.