Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

Thanks! The bag is beautiful on black and that was my original color. Everything I own seems to be black and for some reason on me I liked the way the gray looked. Just a change from the black I always own. Hopefully, I won't be sorry but am excited for a different neutral color. So glad you are loving yours. It is a gorgeous bag!

Confirming the baby size, it's amazing. :smile:

Where do you go in italy? Milan has a very good stock with la rinascente and a SL boutique. In terms of florence I'm not so sure, there is an actual luisaviaroma store but i highly doubt that they will have a huge selection.

Good luck and don't forget to share your haul! [emoji851]

Confirming the baby size, it's amazing. :smile:

Where do you go in italy? Milan has a very good stock with la rinascente and a SL boutique. In terms of florence I'm not so sure, there is an actual luisaviaroma store but i highly doubt that they will have a huge selection.

Good luck and don't forget to share your haul! [emoji851]

Thanks. I'll be in Paris, Florence and then on to Venice. Im so ready for a vacation and super excited. I have changed my mind about 10 times on what bag to get. Originally, I was only looking for another Louis Vuitton, but didn't see anything that struck me as I gotta have it, and then saw the saint laurent SDJ baby and my heart felt it. I want to get it at our first stop so I'm not obsessing over finding it the rest of the trip. Will post after I return. THX everyone for you suggestions and advice!!!!!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Thanks. I'll be in Paris, Florence and then on to Venice. Im so ready for a vacation and super excited. I have changed my mind about 10 times on what bag to get. Originally, I was only looking for another Louis Vuitton, but didn't see anything that struck me as I gotta have it, and then saw the saint laurent SDJ baby and my heart felt it. I want to get it at our first stop so I'm not obsessing over finding it the rest of the trip. Will post after I return. THX everyone for you suggestions and advice!!!!!
Good luck! I enjoyed reading about your thought process and I'm excited to see your final choice! I would also one day love a SDJ Souple in the small and baby sizes so I'm living vicariously through you LOL.

Good luck! I enjoyed reading about your thought process and I'm excited to see your final choice! I would also one day love a SDJ Souple in the small and baby sizes so I'm living vicariously through you LOL.

Thanks so much. I leave in 2 weeks so will post the bag upon my return or even while I'm there. Hopefully, I won't change my mind in the next 2 weeks, but you never know. LOL. Doubtful!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi all. I just purchased a gorgeous small croc embossed SDJ and am awaiting its arrival. I intend to use this as a work bag at a very conservative office, and I am hoping it will easily fit a small file of A4 size documents. Not too many, but I do take home a few dozen papers most nights. I've found conflicting information online, with some saying you have to open the tabs in order to fit A4. For anyone that has the small, is this true? I should just wait patiently for my bag to arrive to answer this for myself, but as I'm sure you know, a week feels like forever when you're waiting for a new handbag to arrive! :smile:

I don't have a SDJ in small myself so perhaps others can chime in and provide photos. However I once took my A4 size folder to the boutique to try out the small SDJ. As is, the folder would only fit if I put it in vertically. To fit the folder in horizontally I had to open the tab, remove the middle pouch, and fit it diagonally across the compartment. Then again folders are typically bigger than the A4 size papers they store so YMMV.

Guys, I'm torn between two pre-owned Small SDJ in smooth leather. The other one cost $2499 CAD, bought in Paris in 2015. Looks excellent. The other one is $2000 purchased Feb 2016 in Canada but has two minor blemishes. Need your advice. Posting pics. First one is the $2499...second is the $2000[/QUOTE

What are the blemishes? It's hard to see it in the pictures.

Guys, I'm torn between two pre-owned Small SDJ in smooth leather. The other one cost $2499 CAD, bought in Paris in 2015. Looks excellent. The other one is $2000 purchased Feb 2016 in Canada but has two minor blemishes. Need your advice. Posting pics. First one is the $2499...second is the $2000

What are their linings? Apparently the smooth leather ones with non-detachable pouch comes with a leather lining after SS2016. Get the leather lined version, suede don't last

Does anyone know whether a sac de jour is large enough to fit a surface pro? I've heard it is just right for an iPad but not sure if it can fit something slightly bigger..

Hi all. I just purchased a gorgeous small croc embossed SDJ and am awaiting its arrival. I intend to use this as a work bag at a very conservative office, and I am hoping it will easily fit a small file of A4 size documents. Not too many, but I do take home a few dozen papers most nights. I've found conflicting information online, with some saying you have to open the tabs in order to fit A4. For anyone that has the small, is this true? I should just wait patiently for my bag to arrive to answer this for myself, but as I'm sure you know, a week feels like forever when you're waiting for a new handbag to arrive! :smile:

Not too sure how big is a Surface Pro... but I am able to fit my MacBook Air 11" into my small Sac De Jour with non-detachable middle zipped compartment along with a file slightly bigger than A4 with the tabs unsnapped

Reactions: rutabaga
What are their linings? Apparently the smooth leather ones with non-detachable pouch comes with a leather lining after SS2016. Get the leather lined version, suede don't last

The $2499 has suede lining the 2016 is the leather lined. Thanks.

Not too sure how big is a Surface Pro... but I am able to fit my MacBook Air 11" into my small Sac De Jour with non-detachable middle zipped compartment along with a file slightly bigger than A4 with the tabs unsnapped

The 2nd picture has minor blemishes but the key covered it. The first one is the older version with the suede lining. Still can't make up my mind.

Is there a photo with the blemishes? Kind of hard to suggest anything w/o looking at what the blemishes are.

But anyway the thought of dealing with a dirty suede interior is horrifying. That's the reason why I haven't really consider Celine stuff seriously... I would go for the leather lining at anytime

Is there a photo with the blemishes? Kind of hard to suggest anything w/o looking at what the blemishes are.

But anyway the thought of dealing with a dirty suede interior is horrifying. That's the reason why I haven't really consider Celine stuff seriously... I would go for the leather lining at anytime
The blemishes are not noticeable. Good point there on the lining. Just pulled the trigger on the second one. It's the 2016 version with the leather lining. Hopefully I made the right decision.

I was checking my banking app today and I noticed that Borderfree/Saks took the preauthorization off my credit card - did they do the same for you? I'm hoping that they don't cancel my order since that happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I first placed an order.

It happened to me as well but I think it's because won't charge us until the bag has actually been shipped. Haven't received anything about a cancelled order so fingers crossed!!
I know for Bergdorf's, they do the pre-auth, let it drop off, then do a pre-auth monthly to make sure the funds are still available.