Saint Laurent Loulou small or Gucci Marmont small

Saint Laurent Loulou small or Gucci Marmont small

• Loulou

• Marmont

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m sure the votes will be somewhat biased, depending on which forum you’re in!

Last year I was debating between a few bags - and the Marmont and the Lou camera bag were in the running. After really examining both bags, I realized that I wasn’t a fan of the Marmont line. To me, the chevron pattern on the Marmont(s) is just too busy, and a bit gaudy for my taste (JMHO!). I ended up going with the Lou camera bag, and a few months ago I also bought the small Loulou. The small Loulou is currently my favorite bag - it’s absolutely beautiful, easily fits my essentials (makeup bag/iphone/small card holder/keys/tissues/hand sani), and can be worn as a crossbody or over the shoulder/on your arm.

Last year I was debating between a few bags - and the Marmont and the Lou camera bag were in the running. After really examining both bags, I realized that I wasn’t a fan of the Marmont line. To me, the chevron pattern on the Marmont(s) is just too busy, and a bit gaudy for my taste (JMHO!). I ended up going with the Lou camera bag, and a few months ago I also bought the small Loulou. The small Loulou is currently my favorite bag - it’s absolutely beautiful, easily fits my essentials (makeup bag/iphone/small card holder/keys/tissues/hand sani), and can be worn as a crossbody or over the shoulder/on your arm.

I agree about the Gucci marmont line stitching. I find it too busy, except on smaller bags like the camera bag. I'm debating between getting the small or the toy Loulou. I vote for Saint Laurent!

Yes, I did wonder if to post in Gucci forum also! I have ordered both bags as I got a 15% one-off discount so it made sense to order both to examine at home. I’m leaning towards the Loulou as I feel its marginally less common and it’s £200 less but I’ll update on my decision when they arrived in a few days.

Yes, I did wonder if to post in Gucci forum also! I have ordered both bags as I got a 15% one-off discount so it made sense to order both to examine at home. I’m leaning towards the Loulou as I feel its marginally less common and it’s £200 less but I’ll update on my decision when they arrived in a few days.

It’ll be great to be able to compare both bags side by side, and at 15% off, it’s even better!
And you’re right, while the Loulou is a popular bag, it’s definitely not as ubiquitous as bags from the Marmont line.

Good luck, and definitely come back with an update when you make your decision!

Reactions: jelly-baby
Ok so I’ve just thrown another option in the mix! Found a preloved one so have just ordered and will have all three to decide from. This envelope bag seems to have fantastic reviews (and the preloved one I’ve ordered is even cheaper than the Loulou) so I’m wondering if this might be the one. I’ll post some photos of them when I’ve got them all together.

26C99FC8-3C45-493E-8596-437E8F00955E.jpeg

So all three arrived.

Left to right:
  1. YSL medium envelope in black/silver
  2. Gucci small Marmont flap in black/gold
  3. YSL small Loulou in black/silver.
I had kind of already decided against the Gucci and when side-by-side with the YSL bags it was definitely not a contender. I thought I was going to go for the Loulou initially but the soft leather and the interior divider gave me doubts (I prefer open space on smaller bags). I love the caviar style leather on the Envelope bag and have decided to keep that one. It easily fits my medium wallet, phone, keys and small make up purse.

72471BED-FE95-4FB0-932C-96C04B6F3A91.jpeg084CDA9B-5F07-466E-A636-69D1C361990D.jpeg

The Envelope is a lovely bag. I really loved the Loulou too and would like to get the puffer version as my casual/smart bag. I am worried about damaging the soft leather though :sad:. It’s funny how the Gucci (while still a lovely item) seemed quite insignificant next to both YSL bags.

Congrats on finding your new Saint Laurent! Seeing them compared side-by-side, the envelope looks the most elegant. The small LouLou looks great too and it makes me want one even more!

Reactions: coniglietta
So all three arrived.

Left to right:
  1. YSL medium envelope in black/silver
  2. Gucci small Marmont flap in black/gold
  3. YSL small Loulou in black/silver.
I had kind of already decided against the Gucci and when side-by-side with the YSL bags it was definitely not a contender. I thought I was going to go for the Loulou initially but the soft leather and the interior divider gave me doubts (I prefer open space on smaller bags). I love the caviar style leather on the Envelope bag and have decided to keep that one. It easily fits my medium wallet, phone, keys and small make up purse.

View attachment 4891129View attachment 4891130

The envelope is beautiful! Glad you were able to compare all three bags and go with the one that works best for you.
Enjoy it!!

I just purchased the small envelope in dark beige. Was looking for an evening purse, I’m in look with it, it looks timeless. I actually really like the Marmont, but feel like it’s the “it” bag right now, and will look “last year” when the influencers move on. I think you made a good choice. (Me, too).